Sign in to follow this  
Adna

Would You or Would You Not????

Pujah   

Adna, if you have the hots for your friend the best thing to do is clue him in maybe he feels the same or maybe he doesn’t but either you will free up all the space he is taking up in your mind and you will either swallow your pride and move on or something will come out of it. Now I wouldn’t worry about losing him as a friend should it not work out the way you hoped….cuz if he stops being your friend when you need a friend then to hell with him…. he wasn’t much of a friend to begin with.

Aaliyyah   

I have male study buddies and co-workers. Other than that I don’t make a habit of hanging out with guys. I personally think it is hard to have guy friends, whom you spend a great deal of time with. Sooner than later one of you might fall for the other. So, just hang out with ur girls, till that special guy knocks at your door icon_razz.gif

Edna to answer your question if you think this friendship is not worth the risk then don't tell him about your feelings.

Pujah   

^there are some benefits for being one of the boys ;)

Edit: personally, I have more guy friends than gal friends

Aaliyyah   

Pujah I suppose ppl are different, everyone has an opinion. I know girls who hang out with guys, and claim that guys are better friends. Which I DONT AGREE in what way guys are better friends?

my gal friends listen to my problems, and in return I listen to theirs. we give one another advices and what not. Guys don't do that at all. They don't listen. I grew up with 6 brothers so I know what am talking about. Most of their conversations with their friends is based on what they achieved in life and what not. Guys don't like to point out their failures or anything that didn't turn out the way they expected. It is all about what they did right.So what type of friendship is that?..for guys it might work, cuz they like to brag.

Basically, in my opinion girls are best friends one could ask for. smile.gif

Tuujiye   

Some of my guy friends have liked me in the past, and I have only ever crossed the line with one of them .

Neph looool Saaxiib yaashaa xitaa waa ka tirtiree yaah lol.. ar adigaa.. balaayo ku hur guftay...

Adna if I could be sheeq for a sec, I would say wiil iyo gabar saaxiib ma galaan.. ama waa in ee iska tirtiraan ama kala fogaadaan in other words read what BOB wrote lol..

But as Tuujiye, I would say what Rudy said, Ka tirtir qashiinka because you never know if he is the right one..friends wax la dhaho ma jiraan if Hormones come in to play aint that right RUDY? lol..So go for it damn it!!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

If you become attracted to a friend of yours out of the blue, it may be worth investigating.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Be very selfish on this one. If the dude is Mr. Right, snatch him before that other
bajaq
takes him to her mundul. The pool of responsible dudes is shrinking nowadays -- at least that’s what I heard from
Muxubo muuno-beeshayee, moosinkeed waa la moodayee
crowd.

Baashi, you too? 'Bajaq' isn't a word to be used to refer to women. smile.gif

Adna   

salaam.

I want to thank each and everyone of you, that has taken to respond to my question and gave me the honesty oppinion once again thank ya'all. To respond the point that most of you pinted out, which i shoud have cleared the air at first. However, the situation is this, i have known this dude since early 2004,of course we have gone the same U. Never dated, never had a feeling up to this point, but we have always kept in touch and i did my thing to date whome ever, perhabs at some point he had consulted me with someone he was seing. Meanwhile, we have become close friends where i felt confortable to talk to him about my relationships in the past. He had never said a ward of how his true feelings were, and i never considered having a relationship with him not because he is Ugly or bad person, but because i admire freindship. However, about a week ago he had told me how he really truely felt about me and that he wanted more than just being his frind, and i have felt speachless and that is why i've posted this topic. Once aging i thank you for oppinoins.

W/salaam.

Aaliyyah   

bout a week ago he had told me how he really truely felt about me and that he wanted more than just being his frind,

Adna sis if you feel the same about him and he is a great man to start relationship with, go for it.

good men are rare nowadays, so dont let this chance slide ;)

good luck.

Paragon   

Making the leap can be a real bummer. Trust me, I have before done so before (as a younger age) although I wasn't much of a friend. Seperate the two departments. One is for carefree moments and the other for dead-serious (later boring) moments.

who-me   

The planet i live cats and mice are sworn enemies and no party ever lets their guard down if anyone here lives on a planet which these two species are friends i guess what you have not realized is that you are in heaven my friend. To me it does not sound natural to have a close friend from the opposite sex. i mean you can have a formal friend but not someone close enough that you can truly trust and take some conversations to the second level. Hell no...I am a plain carnivore and will mutilate when ever the opportunity arises. Watch out ladies dont you ever get close to me..

Originally posted by Adna:

salaam.

I want to thank each and everyone of you, that has taken to respond to my question and gave me the honesty oppinion once again thank ya'all. To respond the point that most of you pinted out, which i shoud have cleared the air at first. However, the situation is this, i have known this dude since early 2004,of course we have gone the same U. Never dated, never had a feeling up to this point, but we have always kept in touch and i did my thing to date whome ever, perhabs at some point he had consulted me with someone he was seing. Meanwhile, we have become close friends where i felt confortable to talk to him about my relationships in the past. He had never said a ward of how his true feelings were, and i never considered having a relationship with him not because he is Ugly or bad person, but because i admire freindship. However, about a week ago he had told me how he really truely felt about me and that he wanted more than just being his frind, and i have felt speachless and that is why i've posted this topic. Once aging i thank you for oppinoins.

W/salaam.

I'm slightly confused here. Adna, did you not say you were married and in a long distance relationship in a previous thread? :confused:

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Adna:

I my self Can honestly say i've been in to long dist.rel for 5 yrs now been marreid alomst 2 in decem

Ok ok, here it is, something about Long Distance Relationship thread...

VAL, look what you made me do now...

SORRY ADNA!!! I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF...BLAME IT ON VAL... :D