Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Is God perefctly Evil?!

N.O.R.F   

The way we exceed the measures set by Allah and violate His laws of cause and effect is incredible. It is really the mercy of Allah that we are saved. Strictly speaking, the question should not be why does Allah allow suffering, but how much Allah protects us and saves us all the time in spite of our violations and negligence.

Read

One has his health, his family, his job, his home and above all his deen.

Alxamdullilah!

It seems very evident that this Johnny B has turned away from Islam. I think he is right to ask questions that perhaps he doesnt seem to understand. He shouldnt be ostracised and ridiculed by the self-rightous people of SOL. Only Allah can give him salvation.

underdog   

Johnny B,

The same way Darkness is the absence of Light so too Evil is the absence of Good

So viewing them as 2 mutually exclusive elements is your mistake here. God didn't have to create Evil, He showed you the way and gave you free will....which is why all the evil you refer to is as a consequence of Men (and women)who have chosen to leave the prescribed path.

guerilla   

The usual 'look around you and you'll see God' jibberish. All I see is bloodshed, anyway someone asked if mean religious people put me off religion and I think that's a valid question. So I'll try and answer it as best as I can.

I don't see why people who were simply born of muslim parents (and let's face it most of the 'believers' here just had this 'belief' handed down to them) get to spend eternity screwing virgins and sitting in gardens beneath which rivers flow etc when in fact they did nothing but continue to be as they were...

God requires you to 'believe' in him, what is belief? Being told 'God created you, don't question this or you'll burn', and doing so can hardly constitute as belief...it's obedience under duress if anything.

Let's look at Somali's for example, is it safe to assume that every Somali, irrespective of what they do, will sooner or later be admitted into heaven (including the 'sinners' who'll eventually be forgiven as god forgives those who believe), by default? Because they are muslims? Most of the religious people I know are contemptible, and boy do I know a few, why has god favoured them over others? Why you and not your neighbour?

To my friends here who've never actively considered the concept of believing in something for fear of burning, why are you better than me? I've poured into hundreds of religious books, hundreds of science books, spent hours online reading on the Quran and the Bible (interesting book that), spent hours asking questions and getting rude answers from online 'ulema', I've spent my nights praying, crying etc it took me over a year and a half to muster up the courage to say OK, this just ain't making sense...

Everyone should think for themselves and decide accordingly, and if they need help in the right direction, just look at the actions of religious people...

^You are beginning to sound like preacher yourself with the usual,' people you should think for themselves' as if the billions of beings on the world lack the capacity to ponder, think, and reach meaningful decision all on their own....talk about arrogance.

War Johnny ...We get the Rockies, but anyway what does matter if people believe in God or not?

All this brings another interesting question. What's the thought process of those who convert from one faith to another. Perhaps Mr. Cadaan can enlighten us?

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

I mean from there is no God and yad yad ya to is he evil. So Johnny please, do tell us are you on your way back.

His way back to where? Meesha cheap motel miyaa markii larabo lagatagaa, hadana lagusoo noqonaayo?

three pages and not a single attempt at an answer,closest one being man has free will and he is responsible for all evil (think about this for one second and you might see it has more holes then Hillary's imaginary glass ceiling), where are all the sheikhs?

let me try googling

guerilla   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

[QB] ^You are beginning to sound like preacher yourself with the usual,' people you should think for themselves' as if the billions of beings on the world lack the capacity to ponder, think, and reach meaningful decision all on their own....talk about arrogance.

smile.gif

You make my lovely suggestion of thinking for oneself sound as bad as the 'pluck an eyebrow and you burn' nonsense..

I'm not arrogant, just slightly confused.

guerilla   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Only Allah can give him salvation.

Aha!

So if Allah choses not to give him salvation, and poor johnny burns because god sealed his heart, doesn't that make God evil? I have to say even by our low Somali standards he's looking pretty evil. Doesn't that then contradict the all merciful creator dogma? It takes away free thinking (and active believing for lack of a better phrase) as it's he who choses who to save and who to burn and that there just renders everything pointless doesn't it?

NGONGE   

Oh come on now, people. You can't possibly take this nonsense seriously. There really is nothing to debate here.

ps

Xidigo, where does Awdal fit into this comment of yours now? icon_razz.gif