Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Is God perefctly Evil?!

Johnny B   

Many religious people more than willingly point to some marvelous aspects of life or nature to prove that God is perfectly good, forgetting that the same ridiculous arguments can be used to prove that God is perfectly Evil.

Stephen Law wrote on SI back in 05.....

Gizimoth: Here, on Eth, many of us believe in God, do we not?

Booblefrip: Certainly.

Gizimoth: So what is God like?

Booblefrip: Well, God is all-powerful, of course. God can do anything. He created the entire universe, including every last one of us. God’s awesome power knows no bounds!

(A whisper of approval ripples across the believers on the right side of the Great Chamber.)

Gizimoth: Let’s agree about that, then. God, if he exists, is omnipotent. But here on Eth, those who believe in God also attribute another property to him, don’t they?

Booblefrip: Yes. As you know, we also believe that God is all-evil.

Gizimoth: Can you explain what you mean by that?

Booblefrip: Not only does God’s power know no bounds, neither does his depravity. His cruelty is infinite; his malice without end.

Read the whole article

Johnny tabliiq ku maqnaa-(atheists retreat in the alps :D )..Welcome back.Sympathize with Johnny people, years of evangelizing and trying to find disciples here on SOL hasn't been easy smile.gif

there is actauly disagreements about this. What seems very simple (if god is responsible for everything is he also for evil) turns out to be a complex theological argument.

There was a history Chanel show about this and i will see if a web vid is available.

Johny B nothing an athiest person make sense. The more you turn away from God's word the more your heart will become seal. As Allah said in surut Baqarah

"6. Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe."

"7. Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearings, (i.e. they are closed from accepting Allah's Guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment."

guerilla   

The original post reminded me of something I read a few weeks back, David Attenborough (famous for his documentaries on natural history) was asked why he never 'credits' God in his shows and this was his response;

"They (creationists) always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds. I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

article

I remember when I first started questionning the existence of a creator, I was scared at first for thinking such evil thoughts. Scared of hanging from my breasts in the pits of hell, falling off a blade as thin as a strand of hair and into pikes, having the sun brought next to my head, I pictured my ribs being crushed together...the list is endless...anyway it was at this point that I realized a merciful creator could not possibly punish people let alone do the the things I've just listed, merely for not believing in him when he chose to not make himself apparent.

After that everything else fell into place and sometimes I can't help but ponder at the absurdity of it all..

Baluug   

^Looks like Johnny has a protege! :D

What the hell is Eth, Gizimoth and Booblefrip? Is this from a Harry Potter book?

Anyways, this world is not meant to be perfect. It is merely a test of our faith, and we all endure hardships in our lives, some of us endure more than others. Don't think it's fair? Bring it up with the Man upstairs!! You'll get your chance to complain to Him someday. Too bad that at that time, you'll have much bigger problems on your mind.

Baluug   

Johnny, you got some deep questions that I would suspect none of us have the answer for. Try asking a sheik if you're truly interested in finding the answer, unless you're just trying to bait us into a futile argument. I've engaged in such childishness in the past.....