Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Merry Christmas!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Raamsade:

quote:Originally posted by 2+2=5:

quote:

Originally posted by *BOB:

Who knows it for sure that Prophet Issa (Jesus) was born on 25th Dec.?

Of course he wasn't!
:D
25th Dec is an ancient Roman pagan celebration! The new Christian leaders converted the Roman pagans by promising them that they could continue celebrating their beloved pagan celebration Saturnalia.

It has nothing to do with Christianity, really.
Neither does the Haj have anything to do (at least originally) with Islam. All the rituals associated with the Haj are of pagan origin. But Muslims appropriated all the rituals and today they're considered integral part of Islam; in fact the Haj is one of the 5 pillars of Islam.

Same is true with Christianity. I know at least two of biggest holidays in Christianity -- Easter and Winter Solstice Festival (Christmas) -- are of pagan origin.

Happy New Year everyone.
An Athiest who thinks he knows about religions. How surpising.

BOB   

Neither does the Haj have anything to do (at least originally) with Islam. All the rituals associated with the Haj are of pagan origin. But Muslims appropriated all the rituals and today they're considered integral part of Islam; in fact the Haj is one of the 5 pillars of Islam.

Did the guy who converted you say this to you? :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

The Zack   

Raamsade, Christians claim that Jesus(peace up on him) was born on December 25th yet history proves that he was actually not born in December. Muslims don't celebrate for eidul adha or claim that hajj is someone's birthday. So you are totally lost with this comparison here.

Maaddeey   

Hajj has nothing to do with Paganism, it was originated from Ibrahim, and the Mushrikuun got it from what they had of Millatu Ibrahim.

Wow you really shine with knowledge, don't you? lol

Please people leave that man alone. He will drag you into sheer idocracy and lunacy; nothing good will come of it. uff.

Sharben,

Enjoy the Holidays. Post the pics I would like to see what Romanian people eat for xmass, lol!

Chocolate & Honey, I like turkey & christmas porridge and gingerbreads.

I'm slightly embarrassed to say I've worn the elf hat, rode on a sleigh, sat on Santa's lap, and received xmas presents and cards from classmates. I used to look forward to Christmas with great excitement when I was a kid. I even spent my very irregular, almost rare, weekly allowance to buy a chocolate advent calendar, and ate all the chocolate from the class' advent calender during the break time, cunningly always making sure I closed all the windows.

Ah, childhood.

LOl@2+2. I never had the opportunity. My mom would always convulse at the mere mention of "Holiday Activities" even would try to go out of her way to let the teachers know, their religion is B.S. Embarrassing!! How many times did I bring note to school saying I wasnt allowed to eat xmass cookies or anything other food, lol!

az8nbq.jpg

Roast of bambi's dad (stag?) - I made it.

1zq4jko.jpg

Kiss the cook!

kal151.jpg

Seafood that came from China (hopefully in a freezer) - I stir fried those babies in a nice thick sauce.

x6h3kz.jpg

Sarmale made by my stepdad.

2gt9sus.jpg

Cous-cous made by me.

Cawaale   

^mmm this looks yummy. do you have Couscous for Christmas? or it just you :")

i can tell your Berber girlfriend is doing good job shabeel. smile.gif