Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Merry Christmas!

BOB   

Who knows it for sure that Prophet Issa (Jesus) was born on 25th Dec.?

PS. I once tasted a turkey and I didn't like the way it tasted...give me my qubo any day THANK YOU.

Peace, Love & Unity.

RedSea   

Sharben Shabeel,

I'm happy for my couple days off from work though. Celebrate it if you must. I dont think anyone else besides Johnny B will be joining you.

Originally posted by *BOB:

Of course he wasn't! :D 25th Dec is an ancient Roman pagan celebration! The new Christian leaders converted the Roman pagans by promising them that they could continue celebrating their beloved pagan celebration Saturnalia.

It has nothing to do with Christianity, really.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

quote:Originally posted by *BOB:

Of course he wasn't!
:D
25th Dec is an ancient Roman pagan celebration! The new Christian leaders converted the Roman pagans by promising them that they could continue celebrating their beloved pagan celebration Saturnalia.

It has nothing to do with Christianity, really.
Neither does the Haj have anything to do (at least originally) with Islam. All the rituals associated with the Haj are of pagan origin. But Muslims appropriated all the rituals and today they're considered integral part of Islam; in fact the Haj is one of the 5 pillars of Islam.

Same is true with Christianity. I know at least two of biggest holidays in Christianity -- Easter and Winter Solstice Festival (Christmas) -- are of pagan origin.

Happy New Year everyone.

Baluug   

Merry xmas Sherban and to whoever else may celebrating it and happy new year. Obviously I don't celebrate it but I'm still connected to it through my parents. Mum's turkey dinner is awesome!! And I got a free turkey from the union so I'll get to eat it twice :D Mmmmmmm turkey sandwiches.....