Sign in to follow this  
Walk_for_Somalia

Would you ask your husband-to-be to sign a contract that denies him a second wife?

bilan   

it is really amazing that how many times we talked about the right of women to divorce,but somehow somewhere there is(are)man who can not understand it,and instead of asking sheikhs or scholars,they make their own conclusion based on their desire and say women have to accept her husband's choice regardless of what she thinks,and when women use their god given rights they are either accused of being westernized,or have no clue about their religion,no wonder majority of muslim society abuse women. i want to ask these men that while we(muslims) believe that Allah is just,how can men divorce his wife anytime,anywhere and whatever reason,but women can not have the same rights,

pucca what are you basing your arguments that women cannot divorce her husband because of his second marriage. i suggest that you read the story of thabit ibn qays and his wife,which is first khul'a in islam. to answer the original question,i would not make him sign cause i would not like to live someone who does not want to live with me,plus why bother he has the right to four,i have the right not be among the four.

Raxmah   

I wouldn’t ask, I don’t see how I would be able marry someone I don’t trust, he will know that I will not be married to him if he plans to marry someone else. A spoken word holds just as much value of contract to me. Either way a contract is not going to deter him if he wants another wife. At the end whether written or spoken if he wants other women he’s out the door.

Saalixa   

Alle Ubahanee

gabdha beena wa laguso xero galiyaa runa waa lagu dhaqaa?

markaa ma waxaadna leedahay quur iyo aqal baa been lagu dhisay oo lagu asaasay? hadii ay sidaas tahay guur jiraa oo waara aad buu uu yaraan laha. Markaas beentu waxaba faaiido ah kumasoo kordhineyso. Raaga intoda badan ee guurkoga hore ku guleeysan wayaa waxaas baa uu sabab ah! Failure fro the evil intentions.

Anii runti this day and age raaga somalida ah wey wada rabaan more then 2 wives even though most cannot afford more than 1....so by making them sign a contract will just violate their intentions...making them more decieving i reckon...

I would rather have him have a Halal second wife then a haram one..that he goes have an affiar behind my back. So atleast if he is honest about it then why not?

Baluug   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Liban, do as you wish but cut this nonsense of demonizing sisters who opt for a choice which would quell this option (it is not Fard you know).

*sigh* :rolleyes: OK then, if you feel I am "demonizing" you or "belittling" your rights and your opinions, then I shall stop. I also realize that I am taking a dangerous step in mentioning disbelief, and for that I sincerely apologize. But you also have to realize that jumping to conclusions such as this

Bravo, someone give the brother a worthy clap please. So Somali men marry for the sake of the poor and destitute sisters [big Grin] . If ever there were a time to laugh this would certainly be it. Ina adeer let’s cut the crap, Somali men when marrying a second wife are thinking with a particular part of anatomy and not for the good of the Ummah. I have yet to come across a man who married another wife for the sake of the Ummah.

is dangerous, as well. You don't know me. I'm just some guy you know only because you're arguing with him over the internet. You don't know my intentions. So while you throw generalizations at me like the above quote, you also claim this:

You see, unlike you and a whole bunch of the other Faarax’s
I respect your choice
. Are you man enough to respect ours?

But do you really?

I'll leave this argument alone now, because I'm not really fond of arguing over the internet. You have your choice, sister, I don't deny you that, and you respect my choice. As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullai wa barakatuhu. Masha Allah, you are a good debater. You could get into politics(do us all a favour and start an Islamic political party, and I'll actually have someone to vote for)

Rahima   

But you also have to realize that jumping to conclusions such as this

It’s not jumping to a conclusion, it is truth concluded after a very long time ;) .

is dangerous, as well. You don't know me. I'm just some guy you know only because you're arguing with him over the internet. You don't know my intentions.

Once again Libaan, to settle this (you don’t seem to be getting me), at times I refer to you specifically (hence either the usage of Liban or you), other times Somali men in general (hence Somali men…). With the quote:

Bravo, someone give the brother a worthy clap please. So Somali men marry for the sake of the poor and destitute sisters [big Grin] . If ever there were a time to laugh this would certainly be it. Ina adeer let’s cut the crap, Somali men when marrying a second wife are thinking with a particular part of anatomy and not for the good of the Ummah. I have yet to come across a man who married another wife for the sake of the Ummah.

I speak generally (did you notice Libaan or you anywhere? ;) ) and it is true. If Somali men were marrying for the right reasons so many women would not be wronged everyday by so many Farax’s. Once again I did not refer to you specifically.

But do you really?

Heck yeah, it’s not like I’m married to you or any of my relatives, why should I care? So long as your wife is happy with it and so long as aad xumeyn gabar Muslim ah, me is fine smile.gif .

I also realize that I am taking a dangerous step in mentioning disbelief, and for that I sincerely apologize.

Bingo, you finally got the sticking point!

I don’t mean to be at your tail the whole time, but it was on the point of disbelief that I was not very fond of. Apology accepted and in future please be careful about such conclusions.

*****aykum salaam wr wb smile.gif

Ladies, KNOWLEGE IS POWER. Power to the women! *raises fist*

LMAO@@@@@RAISES FIST

Femme, remember my motto "LOVE THEM, LEAVE THEM".

RAHIMA, well said, I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I didn't know Libaan could talk, suprise surprise but he raised a good point rahima.

99.9% of men might think with their other brain but Libaan may fall under the 0.1% category, and he just might take on more than one wife for the right reasons, or he might not, who knows? (Lets just give him the benefit of the doubt)

I know I know, I can't believe it myself, but I am feeling generous today.

Thats a wrap for Layzie, carry on people.

i say bring it on! i will sign it!! i dated a rich gal and i found out that she had only 3 millions and a family of 15 helloo.!! I sunk her like a german submarine!! :confused:

show me the money and u got my John Hancock!! np

Layzie,

I'd be happy to scoop up the ones you throw away. I'm pretty sure their spirits have been broken by time I come around! :D It's called charitable recycling.

P.S Its not "Love them, Leave them" its "Use them, Leave them" or your getting soft dear? ;)

Lake   

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

Why do I feel woman are cheated in this world and the next? Istaqfuruallah for my thoughts but I can't control my feelings.
:(:(:(

Its depressing.

blasphemy!!

I honestly think the women are jealous of us guys lol...

valerie   

Would you ask your husband-to-be to sign a contract that denies him a second wife?

Hellll..No...Dats childish....Just Chop his privates off!!...Minor solution....could be Easily implemented...