Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The Penguin-Style Hijab!

2060.jpg

This type of hijab has become endemic amongst the Somali females in the west and in particular the busy streets of London. This is a worrying phenomenon and should be offset as soon as possible with preventative measures!

If the whole point of wearing hijab is for modesty, why we do see this in all sorts of conspicuous and attention-grabbing colours and style. There should be new legislation against this type of hijab! I understand we live in a democracy and should have the right to wear what we want but this type of a hijab is absurd and unacceptable. It doesn’t achieve its religious objectives nor does it promote modesty or humbleness.

It’s also dangerous and makes our woman highly susceptible to attacks from islamophobes or those who eyes have been hurt from the bright and highly luminous colours of the penguin hijabs!

shes hot homie! u gotta learn how to get jiggy with that. shes sweet young thang. love her.. then u will live life to the fullest.

have ever heard a song that goes like this:

laafyaada la daawado

rago waxeey yidaahdan

meey gaadin ciiyda

inda deeraleeya!

listen to somali songs sometimes...thats how i got de 411...serious homie.

Buuxo   

^Jb..bax.Marx saas uma waalno.He is just saying easy on the bright colours .Soo ma'aha Marx?

Marx,The jilbaab is a somalinized hijab.Which fulfils most, if not all requirements of hijab. It is important that a hijab whatever form it takes does adhere to criteria of hijab. And I agree bright colours & ostentious designs in jilbaabs isn't a hijaab.It's cultural though,Somali women love their colours.So It's not an easy task making sure that every item you wear makes the cut.Personally I admire the sistah in the pic. I wish ,I had half the iman she has in wearing that type of jilbaab and in carrying myself with that much pride in a non-muslim land .May Allah give me the strength to wear that one day.

Originally posted by *Buuxo*:

He is just saying easy on the bright colours .Soo ma'aha Marx?....I agree bright colours & ostentious designs in jilbaabs isn't a hijaab.... May Allah give me the strength to wear that one day.

Buxxo i agree with you! but wearing a religious article doesnt really define your faith!! I think we need to be more open minded. Many problems that we Muslims face these days is because we are so worked up in our old traditional and cultural values and have infused them with Islam. Most of these traditional and cultural values have absolutely nothing to do with Islam. We have actually forgotten how flexible our religion is.

JB, thats a pathetic suggestion! nudist camps are immoral!!

N.O.R.F   

Marx,

I'm finding it difficult to understand just what you're getting at.

Problem with this hijab? All hijabs? Why? Because of some bright colours? Because you think people wearing them are not Islamic enough?

Whats your gripe old chap?

Paragon   

Marx, the time is due for you to keep your gob shut. For a moment, that is. For your choice of topical issues tends to unsheath quite something else of you... It's only pertinent that you conceal a bit of your mind to reveal another day smile.gif .

Paragon   

^They've all gone. Al-Shabaab had a recruitment day, didn't you hear? That's why Marx uu u shabdhawanayo halkan. Haddii kale Miig-Shan-Iyo-Toban ayaa casar dheer loo xiri lahaa :D .

nuune   

That's why Marx uu u shabdhawanayo halkan

:D

shabdhanayaa iyo wuu tumanayaa erayadaas waa so classic, also ku dar wuu toob-dillaacsadey

Malika   

Come on guys, I mean an orange umbrella like jalbaab and a green skirt/dress under it,with man sandals and white socks is just an eye sore...ghastly![says the fashion police]

Masha'allah, Somali women have taken wearing hijab to a whole new level with this jaalbaab but surely wearing attention grabbing colours is not very islamic.A garment which is intended to conceal a woman and her beauty from public view cannot be a thing which enhances her beauty. Therefore, the garment should not contain bright colors, bold designs or reflective material that draw men’s attention to the wearer. Imam Adh-Dhahabi says in his book Kitab AI-Kabalir (The Book of Major Sins): " Amongst the deeds which a woman is cursed for are displaying the adornments she wears, wearing perfume when she goes out, and wearing colorful clothes " Hence, the Muslim woman is encouraged to wear muted, somber colors and to avoid bright designs, patterns and colors.

Now stop ganging up on Marx, the Nazi Solers..

icon_razz.gif:D