Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Why Inter will crush Barca

NGONGE   

I say Inter will crush Barca because of the Inter manager. Because of the belief in the Inter team. Because of the Inter defence and because Barca struggle against teams that press them high up the field.

Mourinho ready for Barcelona test

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho plans to spring a few surprises on Barcelona after guiding his side to their first Champions League semi-final since 2003.

The teams have already met in this season's competition with Barca drawing 0-0 in Italy and winning 2-0 at home.

But Mourinho has promised a "completely different" display in the last four.

"Rest assured we'll play another game," he said. "This is a mentally different team with confidence and ability. Inter has entered a new dimension."

Wesley Sneijder's early goal earned Inter a 1-0 win at CSKA Moscow to complete a 2-0 aggregate quarter-final triumph and set up a last four tie against Barcelona.

The reigning European champions demolished Arsenal 4-1 at the Nou Camp, with Lionel Messi scoring all four goals, as they eased through 6-3 on aggregate.

The Spaniards will be overwhelming favourites to reach their third final in five years, but Mourinho, who is the first manager to lead three different clubs (Porto, Chelsea and Inter) to the Champions League semi-finals, remains unfazed.

"They will have the advantage of playing the return at the Nou Camp, but we will know how to treat the two matches," he said.

"It's five consecutive victories in the Champions League now; we are deservedly and comfortably through to the semi-finals.

"We can talk of a total change in Inter's history in the Champions League.

"Whatever happens in the semi-final or the final, Inter will be full of confidence going into next season's Champions League.

"If we don't win it this year, Inter will win it in the next few years."

The Italians have been European champions twice, winning successive titles in 1964 and 1965.

They were denied a third victory in four years when they were beaten 2-1 by Celtic in 1967 and they last reached the final in 1972, losing 2-0 to Ajax.

Story from BBC SPORT:

Published: 2010/04/07 11:05:37 GMT

© BBC MMX

Let th arguments begin. :D

Haatu   

Ngonge you might actually be right on this one. Barca can't play against teams that persistently put pressure on them when they have the ball. And plus, the hate defensive teams.

As the special one said: "They will park the bus in front of the goal" which is why Inter will win ©Haatu :D following on JB's lead.

nuune   

lool@the title

Yaa arkey Norf :D

Mourinho waa sixiroole, he will spell something on the Barca team, I am all for Inter

Wigad   

Ar maad ka joogtid dad baa ku ceeboobay eh, although i do think they have the best chance.

You guys are under estimating the great mind Pep Guardiola the guy never coached soccer before and he has the two best seasons possible.

NGONGE   

^^ Guardiola is only ever going to tell his team to attack, saaxib. There isn't much that he can do for them more than what he has been doing. Jose on the other hand is a motivator, a leader, a guy that can convince rubbish players they are the best thing ever. This is the difference and this is why I think Barca may struggle to get past Inter.

N.O.R.F   

'struggle' to get past Inter.

Nice try heh.

Waar stop being purposfully ambigious. This isn't an election campaign.

Casiir baan kuu soo dhiri if Inter win.

Oz   

Can't believe any neutral would seriously rather see Inter progress though. Yes they're cheating crooks at times but that style of football is a breath of fresh air to watch. Then you talk about Barca you're talking about individual players, when you talk about inter, you're talking about Jose Mourinho; 'The special one this, the special one that.

Well the special one won it once and never shut up about it. I couldn't stomach that one more time around.

There's a slight antipathy towards Barca because in two seasons they've beaten Chelsea and comprehensively outplayed both Man Utd and Arsenal - Serving as a reminder that the Premiership can no longer be considered the best league in the world.

Tuujiye   

^^^ waraa the EPL is the best league saaxiib.. spanish league waa only two teams! and if Chelsea faced Barca this year with all our healthy players, no way they would dance around at our goal line..arsenal oo diracya xiran maad noo qabtaa?

OZ Barca is too good this year.. The players of this team are all having a year to remember..even Bojan is playing too good and Xavi is still in top form..very scary team sxb... is hard to beat a team full of players who are enjoying them selves for real and you know that feeling... Inter would have to bully these kids and tackle them even when they are standing loool brake their legs if they have to thats the only way Inter could be in this one...

I really think this one is going to go down to penalties and it will be a very very close one...

I hate both teams but I would like to see Barca win this thing just because I hate Inter Milan more...

Wareer Badanaa!!

NGONGE   

Norf, I am going by the memory of Liverpool's win against Barca in 2007 (Liverpool still remain the only team to beat them in Spain, twice). :D

Barca are a great team and I don't mind them winning the CL again. But they struggle against teams that press them (like Liverpool did on that day). This is why they fluked it against Chelsea last season and why they lost to Liverpool (in 2007) and that Kazan team this season. Barca will beat United and Arsenal each day, every day. But you put a defensive team with a clever midfield in front of them and they do stuggle.

P.S.

Oz must be the only Chelsea fan that does not want to see Jose win. War what sort of fans are you? (you and Norf). I would be praying for a Jose win (after what Barca did to Chelsea last season). I would be supporting Jose all the way after what happened with that washing basket story a few years back. Bloody fake fans. icon_razz.gif

AYOUB   

^^ 2007? Rijkaard's team was different from Guardiola's.

Inter vs Barca will a very interesting contest.