Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Why Inter will crush Barca

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I say Inter will crush Barca because of the Inter manager. Because of the belief in the Inter team. Because of the Inter defence and because Barca struggle against teams that press them high up the field.

I agree with all of this, but Inter did not press Barca high up the field. That is what I expected Inter to do and it is sensible Ngonge expected that too. On the contrary what Mourinho did was allow Barca to pass the ball elsewhere but in the final third. Inter set back and that is why Barca passed more. Looking back, it is the same way Rubin played them.

The risk of pressing high up against Barca is that if you don't have the young legs, you will get tired and in the second-half, they will outrun you. I think Mourinho understood this and hence opted for the other strategy. For the first time, I admired Mourinho's tactics last night.

But I still think if he repeats the same tactics at Nour Camp, he is in for a shock. What i think he should do is to surprise Barca with attacks from Maicon and with long passes.

NGONGE   

^^ You'll blame it on the ref and the pitch again. War kubbada baro. :D

I am telling you here and now that I believe Inter will beat Barca. If Barca do win it will be one hell of a shock.

Abtigiis   

Barca will score two goals, I am only worried if they will conceed as well. They are pourous at the back. Ngonge, I think Barca are in this game.

My only problem is Norf's predictions. He is saying Barca will win and you know how things go when he says so. :D Rutii, this makes me believe there is an upset here and Inter are going for the final. if only Norf agrees to drop this line, I will confidently say Barca will reverse it.

Oz   

War kubbada barta.
:D

if I were you I'd wait till the last minute. If they loose at nou camp how I'll go at you GOD knows, and if Jose wins it will be the first time you got this one right!!. :D:D

Abtigiis   

Oz, adiga laftigaagu sometime you tend to be the younger sibling of Norf. You were picking Zenetti for Argentina on the other thread. War ileen tan oo kale. War Zenetti could do nothing for Argentina when he was younger and fitter. But he is a good player. Your problem is you don't understand that Zenetti can do things at Inter because of the solid collegues at his side. If you put him alongside DeMichelles, Heinze, and Ottamandi, wuu baaba'ayaa!

Argentina has one of the weakest defence in the world right now.

NGONGE   

^^ Like I said, if Barca wins (and they could) it will be a shock. :D

A&T (I did not watch the game) here is a report

In truth Guardiola was out-thought by the man who used to put down the cones for him during Barcelona training sessions.

Mourinho produced not one but two game plans and both worked a treat, with Inter soaking up huge amounts of pressure before striking on the break in the first half and then pressing high up the pitch as they sensed their opponents’ vulnerability after the interval.

Lionel Messi and Xavi cannot have had many quieter nights this season, with two of Inter’s goalscorers, Wesley Sneijder and Milito, the stand-out players.

It had begun so well for Barcelona, who took the lead in the ninteenth minute when Maxwell left Maicon, his Brazilian compatriot, for dead before pulling the ball back through a crowd of players to the penalty spot, where Pedro applied a neat left-foot finish.

Despite struggling to get hold of the ball — the home side managed just 38 per cent of possession during the first half — they created more clear-cut chances and scored a deserved equaliser. Milito shot across the face of goal from close range on two occasions when he should have done better, but he made amends in the 30th minute, turning sharply to pick out the unmarked Sneijder in space in the penalty area, the Holland midfield player making no mistake at the far post.

Inter responded to Mourinho’s half-time team talk with a second goal in the 48th minute for Maicon before taking control of the tie in the 61st minute with an element of good fortune. Samuel Eto’o’s cross from the right was headed wide across goal by Sneijder, but from what appeared to be an offside position, Milito salvaged a dreadful miss, heading in on the bounce to extend the lead.

Source

Polanyi   

Jose came, he saw and he conquered. Mark my words, even if Barcelona score 2- Inter will score as well simply due to openess of Barcelona and their defensive errors.

Abtigiis   

I have an issue with this report. And that a white person wrote it doesn't make it any more credible than what I saw.

1- Barca goal: it is true Maicon was not in his position but somewhere else. But it is not true Maxwell outrun Maicon. Maicon was not even close to him. It was cambiasso who gave him a chase, but shockingly stopped to pursue him as he thought the box is well covered. There was an element of luck, and Maxiwell actually passed the ball for Ibrahimovic who missed it, and then Pedro hit it from some distance. I would blame Samuel, Lucio and cambiasso for the goal more than Maicon.

2- The two game thing is nonesensical. Inter had played only one game plan which was to sit back and strike at the counter. But when it was 1-0, you don't expect Inter to be sitting back and at 1-1 it was still dangerous, so you could see Inter trying to attack. Which is perfectly normal and how football games go. At 2-1, Inter resorted to their defensive mode and continued upto the last.

If you didn't watch, then it is my words against 'expert's' words and I know with whom you will agree.

Abtigiis   

A&T (I did not watch the game) here is a report

[/quote [/indent]

Ngonge, saaxib waad na wareerisay. If you don't watch games, then tell us who wrote this reports so people know with whom we are arguing. Clearly, it is not me against Ngonge. ragga aanu ishayno noo waa in la ogaado, ileen haddii anigoo Andy Gray ishayno in loo qaato in Ngonge aan ishayno ma ahee.
:D

NGONGE   

^^ I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of 'pressing high up the field'. :D

Did Barca have as many clear cut chances in the second half as they did in the first? Did the ball spend most of its time in and around the centre circle area in the second half? Could Barca pentrate the Inter penalty area at will?

If the answer is no, then Inter did press high up the field.

(I didn't watch the game, again). :D

Abtigiis   

No, I think it is the expert who wrote the report who is misunderstaning it. (It is wrong to say it is you who is misunderstanding, for these are borrowee views and it is unfair to attack the amplifier alone for loud music). :D

Pressing high up the field is not determined by whether the team had made clear cut chances or managed to penetrate. That is news for me. A team can be dwelling at the 18 center of its opponent the whole day, and yet fail to create chances. There are lots of reasons for this. Predictability, panic, organisation of the opponent's defence etc etc.

What I and the rest of the world know as 'pressing high up the field' is when a team is tracked down at the half-field or further apart and is not allowed to push forward. It is what Chelsea did to Barcelona last year, it is what Barcelona did to Arsenal in the second leg. Last night, most of Barcelona players were camped around the inter-half and were allowed to pass the ball around. That is not pressing high up the field, by my own definintion.

In fact, Jose had even said that he doesn't want to chase the ball, nor mind Barca passing it as long as they do not penetrate.

So, the expert who wrote the report you are only passing here, must not mix the two. :D

NGONGE   

^^ The experts wrote about it AFTER the game, saaxib. I told you about it BEFORE the game. The report was posted merely to teach you about football. :D

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

Mark my words, even if Barcelona score 2- Inter will score as well simply due to openess of Barcelona and their defensive errors.

That's possible but Barca did beat Inter 2-0 in the group stages. smile.gif

A&T

Visually impaired Ngonge never watches games anyway so don't be surprised smile.gif