Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

VIDEO - Huda Rafle, an E! Network Television producer is misdiagnosed and is fighting for her life

Recommended Posts

Blackflash;988390 wrote:
I disagree. She is made special by the fact that she is a member of the diaspora like many commenting in this thread. Diasporans form a cultural group of their own and it's natural for them to be more affected by news concerning people like themselves. I lost relatives in Taleex this week, but this story has came up more often in conversations with my parents.

:D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackflash;988390 wrote:
I disagree. She is made special by the fact that she is a member of the diaspora like many commenting in this thread. Diasporans form a cultural group of their own and it's natural for them to be more affected by news concerning people like themselves. I lost relatives in Taleex this week, but this story has came up more often in conversations with my parents.

 

Yes. And we will will come and enslave your 'people' because they've never had a caramel maccihiato. How can one call him/herself human if they've never even had a starbucks latte?

 

--Unanimously, the diaspora.

 

 

On a more serious note, Classified, get your shit together mate. Your attention-whoring is getting absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacpher;988373 wrote:
^Not to be argumentative here but since you believe in pleading the fifth amendment of the US Constitution, an non-Islamic law, what makes other assume you're a Muslim. Sorry I didn't want to go this way but you seem to be oblivious to the fact the maxruum ain't here with us. Qof naga hooseeyaad ku durdurineysaa sxb. So let's talk about you since you're here with us
:D

What have I said that would be consider as offensive or insult against the dead girl? Isn't it my prerogative to plead the fifth on any issue I choose so? I didn't know the girl, however from what I have only seen brings me to the conclusion that she might have not been a practicing Muslim or even worse, she might not have been a Muslim at all; Nonetheless, those pictures don't qualify any bases to take someone out of the fold of Islam, thus I cannot say for sure she was not a Muslim nor can I say for sure she was a Muslim.

 

Islam teaches that we are forbidden to say "AUN" to the non-Muslims. I don't know her, thus I rather plead the fifth [again].

 

Apophis, haha, apparently a particular hypocrite in this thread things it can create a Muslim rift within the Muslim members in her. I understand where Jacpher is coming from, but I only hope he understands where I'm coming from. Unfortunately, I think his qabyaalad side has probably won him over. :D As for the girl, obviously a picture is worth a thousand words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classified, again....You're doing some severe speculation here. There are plenty of Somali girls and guys who are Muslims, who still go out to party sometimes.

 

I'm gonna say that virtually every member of this forum has been to some sort of a party at some point in their lives. Stop this judging and stop trying to characterize this young lady.

 

Remember: The Believer searches for excuses for his Muslim brother when his brother commits a sin. While the Hypocrite searches for his brother's faults. I have friends who have been to jail before, and you never see me trying to characterize them or doubt their Islam.

 

And right now you're looking at this young lady's faults, which is a sign of hypocrisy. Before you even get yourself involved in such arguments, learn some proper etiquette first. Learn proper adab, learn to be polite, to be forgiving, and to overlook your Muslim brother's faults. We all make mistakes, and you're attempting to highlight Houda's minor mistakes when she's already dead. She's your Muslim Somali sister and all you can think about is posting pictures of her at a party and then speculating if she's not Muslim. That's disgusting. These speculations won't help her, it won't help her family, and it will only alienate you from others in this forum.

 

 

P.S. And no, you cannot "plead the 5th" because that's an Amendment of the US Constitution (which is a non-muslim agreement)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thefuturenow;988420 wrote:
Yes. And we will will come and enslave your 'people' because they've never had a caramel maccihiato. How can one call him/herself human if they've never even had a starbucks latte?

 

--Unanimously, the diaspora.

 

 

On a more serious note,
Classified
, get your shit together mate. Your attention-whoring is getting absurd.

Meh. I've seen more tears shed for dead drug dealers than for the starving and the destitute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Ignore him, he is gross.

 

Blackflash;988430 wrote:
Meh. I've seen more tears shed for dead drug dealers than for the starving and the destitute.

It's human nature to feel more emotion when one finds it easier to relate to a person/situation, whether that's due to the circumstances of the death, proximity (same diaspora community, city), relationship with the person, even as minor a detail as having a similar smile or the same name as someone you know. Why should we be more moved by deaths in Somalia than say, the Philippines, if not for our ability to relate more to fellow Somalis? Apophis' attempt to hijack the thread by bringing up the scale of suffering in the world doesn't change this fact. Would you say this to her parents, her siblings who were by her bedside when she passed? Should they scale down the pain they're experiencing over the loss of one life, because hundreds of other people died elsewhere?

 

I've been that person too... I don't think there's a single shooting death of a young Somali man in Canada that hasn't brought me to tears, because I know exactly what it's like to be that grieving Somali family in the news and my heart breaks for every family that has to experience that. That's not to say the life of a drug dealer I've never met is worth more sympathy than 40 deaths in Hiiraan, but you can't help the connections you make with certain stories and the impact they make on you due to your shared context or circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DoctorKenney;988429 wrote:
Classified, again....You're doing some severe speculation here. There are plenty of Somali girls and guys who are Muslims, who still go out to party sometimes.

 

I'm gonna say that virtually every member of this forum has been to some sort of a party at some point in their lives. Stop this judging and stop trying to characterize this young lady.

 

Remember:
The Believer searches for excuses for his Muslim brother when his brother commits a sin. While the Hypocrite searches for his brother's faults.
I have friends who have been to jail before, and you never see me trying to characterize them or doubt their Islam.

 

And right now you're looking at this young lady's faults, which is a sign of hypocrisy. Before you even get yourself involved in such arguments, learn some proper etiquette first. Learn proper adab, learn to be polite, to be forgiving, and to overlook your Muslim brother's faults. We all make mistakes, and you're attempting to highlight Houda's minor mistakes when she's already dead. She's your Muslim Somali sister and all you can think about is posting pictures of her at a party and then speculating if she's not Muslim. That's disgusting. These speculations won't help her, it won't help her family, and it will only alienate you from others in this forum.

 

 

P.S. And no, you cannot "plead the 5th" because that's an Amendment of the US Constitution (which is a non-muslim agreement)

I'll conclude with your post. May Allah forgive me for wrong I have said. Indeed, "the muslim searches for excuses for his Muslim brothers, when the Muslim brother commits sins". I couldn't have said it better. AUN to the girl Huda Rafle. I think perhaps I need a time off from this forum for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

Blackflash;988390 wrote:
I disagree. She is made special by the fact that she is a member of the diaspora like many commenting in this thread. Diasporans form a cultural group of their own and it's natural for them to be more affected by news concerning people like themselves. I lost relatives in Taleex this week, but this story has came up more often in conversations with my parents.

So it's privileged qurbo-joogs shedding tears for one of their kind who has passed away. Somehow it sounds less noble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nuune   

Allah Yarxamhaa, polite, quite and of course very respectful, for one to be Muslim doesn't define how he or she dresses, waxaan heenaa gabdho Soomaaliyeed oo madaxa dadan oo asturan oo khamri iyo tubaakada dhuuqaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classified;988442 wrote:
I'll conclude with your post. May Allah forgive me for wrong I have said. Indeed, "
the muslim searches for excuses for his Muslim brothers, when the Muslim brother commits sins
". I couldn't have said it better. AUN to the girl Huda Rafle. I think perhaps I need a time off from this forum for a while.

I think if you've come around by the above hadeeth then indeed you've become a better person. You don't need time off this forum if it changed you into a better person. I don't want to speak on your behalf but I was just heart broken by some of the pictures that were posted of our departed sister Huda and you may have been as well. It pains me to see a Muslim sister in that state. For everyone saying that cancer is a horrible way to pass away. Perhaps Allah has blessed Huda with this long process so she can seek Tawbah and repent for things that she may have done. I'm not saying one should be happy that they got cancer, but they should always look at the upside. If deeds are by the last action (الأعمال بالخواتيم) then I sincerely hope that she took that time to repent to Allah and asked him for forgiveness. That is between her and Allah (Subhanuhu wa ta'la) and thus we should say Alla yarahmha or Allahi ha U naxaristao or May Allah have mercy on her. The Somali is assume to be Muslim (الاصل) unless otherwise stated. However classified may have been affected by the pictures posted of the sister in certain circumstances. Just like Classified made an excuse for the sister, I will make an excuse for him. And may Allah shower us all with his mercy especially our dearly departed Sister Huda. May Allah gather us together in Jannah and forgive our sins and make us better people Allahuma Ameen.

 

P.S: I would like to ask any Muslim on these forums to forgive me for anything I may have said to them, and I hope we can all ask each other for forgiveness! Allahuma Ameen

 

P.P.S: I didn't mean to go off on a tangent but the way Classified changed from his last first post on this thread to his last post got to me.

 

Wasalamu Alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Her family is continuing her lawsuit...

 

Houda Rafle: Woman’s family pursues lawsuit after her cancer death

 

The day after Houda Rafle, 28, died of cancer, her family says it will continue with the negligence lawsuit against Trillium Health and a radiologist.

 

1382711553153.jpg

 

The family of a deceased Toronto woman plans to pursue a lawsuit against a hospital and doctor, alleging their errors resulted in her premature death, their lawyer says.

 

“Their wish is that they very much want to continue the lawsuit that Houda started,” lawyer Duncan Embury said of the family of Houda Rafle, 28.

Rafle, a television producer, died Wednesday from cancer.

 

Just two weeks earlier, she and her family — her parents and six siblings — filed a statement of claim, alleging negligence against the Trillium Health Partners and radiologist Dr. Ivo “Ivan” Slezic.

 

“Houda started this process to bring about change and they feel very strongly that the process should continue and that change is absolutely required in our system,” Embury said.

 

Both the hospital and the doctor plan to challenge the lawsuit. Lawyers for Trillium have filed a “notice of intent to defend” and Slezic’s lawyer, Kelly Tranquilli, said “a defence will be delivered in due course.”

 

Houda Rafle battled advanced cancer until her death at the age of 28. Her family says it will continue with her negligence lawsuit against Trillium Health and a radiologist she says missed seeing a tumour near her heart on a CT scan.Trillium and the doctor plan to fight the charges.

 

Through his lawyer, Slezic expressed condolences to those close to Rafle.

 

“We have learned the sad news of Ms. Rafle’s passing and our sympathies are with her friends and family. The issues raised in Ms. Rafle’s lawsuit are before the courts and therefore, it would not be appropriate for Dr. Slezic to comment further at this time,” Tranquilli wrote in an email.

 

The hospital also refuses to comment on the legal challenge.

 

The lawsuit alleges Slezic and the hospital failed to notice a cancerous tumour near Rafle’s heart on a CT scan done in March. Another scan done in August showed the tumour had grown and cancer had spread to her lungs. It later spread to her brain.

 

Doctors reviewed the first scan and discovered the tumour was present back in March, according to the statement of claim.

 

The lawsuit, which seeks $2 million in damages, charges that Rafle missed five months of treatment because of the delayed diagnosis, hastening progress of the disease.

 

Trillium has detected other problems with Slezic’s work and is in the process of reviewing 3,500 diagnostic tests that he initially read.

 

Meantime, NDP Leader Andrea Horwath issued a statement, expressing sorrow over Rafle’s death:

 

“I was saddened to hear that Houda Rafle lost her battle with cancer early Wednesday. This beautiful 28-year-old woman had her whole life ahead of her and this tragic story just breaks my heart. Houda’s story touched many, and she went through it with grace and dignity. Her determination to stay positive and focused was commendable. Our thoughts are with her family and friends.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

guleed_ali;988533 wrote:
I think if you've come around by the above hadeeth then indeed you've become a better person. You don't need time off this forum if it changed you into a better person. I don't want to speak on your behalf but I was just heart broken by some of the pictures that were posted of our departed sister Huda and you may have been as well. It pains me to see a Muslim sister in that state. For everyone saying that cancer is a horrible way to pass away. Perhaps Allah has blessed Huda with this long process so she can seek Tawbah and repent for things that she may have done. I'm not saying one should be happy that they got cancer, but they should always look at the upside. If deeds are by the last action (الأعمال بالخواتيم) then I sincerely hope that she took that time to repent to Allah and asked him for forgiveness. That is between her and Allah (Subhanuhu wa ta'la) and thus we should say Alla yarahmha or Allahi ha U naxaristao or May Allah have mercy on her. The Somali is assume to be Muslim (الاصل) unless otherwise stated. However classified may have been affected by the pictures posted of the sister in certain circumstances. Just like Classified made an excuse for the sister, I will make an excuse for him. And may Allah shower us all with his mercy especially our dearly departed Sister Huda. May Allah gather us together in Jannah and forgive our sins and make us better people Allahuma Ameen.

 

P.S: I would like to ask any Muslim on these forums to forgive me for anything I may have said to them, and I hope we can all ask each other for forgiveness! Allahuma Ameen

 

P.P.S: I didn't mean to go off on a tangent but the way Classified changed from his last first post on this thread to his last post got to me.

 

Wasalamu Alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu...

Thank you dear brother. Your understanding is noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this