Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

nuune   

^^ Che, not sure whether you watched the game, but I assume you did, it is all to do how Holland played, and you decide and tell me if that was football, more than 10 cards was issued to them, they did not even deserve to be here in the finals, sorry nothing to do with me supporting Spain, it is a good judgement, all agreed by all commentators and everyone who was watching, the amount of cheating and the lack of discipline in the dutch players, you decide and watch the game sxb again.

Jacpher   

The most incompetent shiity referee in the history of WC. Eleven yellow cards in one game, majority to Holand. For every Spanish player leans to the ground, Hollands takes a yellow card. Robben was robbed of a goal opportunity but the referee had to award Robben a yellow card for speaking out.

South Africa job well done.

Nuune.....It was amazingly boring game and yes the Spanish were better but the game is about upsets as much as it is about winning!!

On greater level, one could argue world cup win for Holland is overdue. In any case, this has not been memorable final.

If it's consolation, the Dutch is not on the precipice of financial collapse unlike Spaniards one fan said. :D

Victory for football! Ugly, Ugly Dutch.

Espana deserved the world cup win, there were only two teams in this tournement. Germany and Spain. One won the small final and the other one the big final.

Oh the audacity of all, Holland complain for a foul against Elia on the goal of Iniesta, how ironic.

España worthy winners.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

It would have being a sad day for football if Holland win the finals.

Come on now let's not get into that...you of all people should know better since you're a Liverpool fan.

Liverpool markee waxaas cayaarto Rafa amaantiisa aa nafta nooga qaadaan oo waa Genius baad nagu tiraahdaan but markee kooxo kale sameeyaan waa UGLY.

PS. Do you think Spain would be successful and Barca would play the beautiful football today that the world seems to associate with them had there not been a man called Rinus Michels...A DUTCHMAN.

Peace, Love & Unity.

The Dutch style of football stunk and it was an affront and disservice to football especially seeing the flair of other teams such as Germany and Spain.

They were negative throughout the tournament and played quiet ugly in the final they were lucky to have 9 men on the field.

The best team in the tournament won get over it.

Espana, worthy winners. Congratulations to Germany as well for the flair and nice games played during the word cup.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^ Che, not sure whether you watched the game, but I assume you did, it is all to do how Holland played, and you decide and tell me if that was football, more than 10 cards was issued to them, they did not even deserve to be here in the finals, sorry nothing to do with me supporting Spain, it is a good judgement, all agreed by all commentators and everyone who was watching, the amount of cheating and the lack of discipline in the dutch players, you decide and watch the game sxb again.

Nuune...were you really watching the same game, no no make that were watching it from a colour TV? what commentator...the same buffoons who think Rooney is better than Messi? apart from De Jong and Van Bommel the referee seemed to be a card happy and he ruined the final..typical english.

What cheating? I'm amazed you call yourself a spanish fan? it's bit colourful for you to label the dutch team cheats because of Robben...I challenge you to name one other dutch player who has dived in this world cup or any other time but I can prove that all these Puyol, David Villa, Iniesta, Sergio Bousqet, Capdevilla, Sergio Ramos are DIVERS.

Nuune...stop blowing your own trumpet for once because Spain used to play football before Euro 2008 and they were BUTCHERS yes...they were rough and rubbish yet they remind people Mauro Tassotti's elbow on Luis Enrique at US 94 yet never mention 'The Butcher Of Bilbao'...do some research before you taint the glorious history of the dutch football.

PS. Ha noqon fuleey guuleestay...we know you said Spain will win the world cup from the beginning but be humble in victory just the way the dutch players were gracious in defeat by forming the guard of honour...have you ever seen a team do that after loosing the world cup?

Good Night.

Peace, Love & Unity.

lol@Che. Considering all the problems Spain is going through at the moment, Spain needed this win more than Holland. :D

I believe this final was one of the least exciting I have seen in many years. It is shameful because South Africa 2010 was a great tournament. The Dutch showed up to play some football and they did. The Spain we saw looking dominant against Germany was nowhere to be seen except few occasional brilliant balls.

Holland had as many chances on goal as Spain did if not better. In the end, justice was served as the better team on paper won this match. The Dutch team played their hearts out, but it was one defensive slip-up of keeping Iniesta in play that cost them dearly. The Dutch had their chances, but this is football. Iniesta is one of the greatest players I have ever seen. It couldn't have happened to a better player.

PS: The game Referee was one trigger-happy chap. :D He has completely ruined the game for both teams. I am convinced English newspapers will not grace him with kind words come tomorrow.

NNC, wiilkaaga biladaha kuu qaatee, feeri habi tahay yaah maanta. Awguuriyo hee. :D

Well done Mr. Muller Madaale, as I call him.

Muller claims two coveted crowns

1272396_FULL-LND.jpg

To 'muller' is a well-understood verb in colloquial German, if a shade out of date. Some 36 years after Gerd Muller last graced the global footballing stage at the 1974 FIFA World Cup™, the term is set for an explosive comeback in the German-speaking world, thanks to Gerd’s namesake Thomas. Following his outstanding performance in South Africa, the 20-year-old has been named Hyundai Best Young Player of the 2010 FIFA World Cup by FIFA’s Technical Study Group (TSG), while his five goals and three assists saw him also claim the coveted adidas Golden Shoe.

"Thomas Muller’s rapid rise through the senior football ranks has been nothing short of remarkable. A fringe player with Bayern Munich just two seasons ago, and with a first international cap coming only in March of this year, the 20-year-old striker has captured the imagination of fans everywhere with his pulsating approach play and vital goals,” the TSG said last Friday at the announcement of a three-strong shortlist for the prestigious award.

Muller’s bustling display in Germany’s 3-2 win over Uruguay in Saturday’s third-place play-off, where he opened the scoring with his fifth goal of the tournament, ultimately saw the Bayern youngster edge out fellow candidates Giovani dos Santos (Mexico) and Andre Ayew (Ghana) for the award. Muller is the third German player to receive the accolade after Franz Beckenbauer (1966) and Lukas Podolski (2006).

Muller's adidas Golden Shoe claim sees the youngster follow in the footsteps of a host of goalscoring royalty including Gary Lineker, Ronaldo and Mirolsav Klose. Muller finished on five goals at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, but claimed the top scorer accolade thanks to three assists, leaving him ahead of Spain marksman David Villa and Dutch hitman Wesley Sneijder, both of whom finished on five goals but with only one assist apiece.

“We had a genuinely good season at Bayern Munich, and it was also a good one for me personally, because I finished with a lot of goals and assists,” Muller told FIFA.com. “That gave me plenty of confidence, but once I was selected for the senior national team, I was suddenly in new territory again. It's a tremendous feeling when the tournament that rounds off a season goes so well.”

That attitude reflects Muller’s extraordinary maturity for a player who only burst onto the scene a year ago. This season, Muller has helped Bayern to a German league and cup double, and appeared in the UEFA Champions League final against Inter Milan. The 1.86m striker played a total of 66 matches for club and country in 2009-10. "Looking back, it’s been an extraordinary development path, which nobody could have foreseen – myself included. Normally you’d say a Champions League final would be the absolute highlight of your season, but then you go to a World Cup and take yet another step forward. It's unbelievable. Back in May, when I left Bayern and joined up with the national squad, I had a good feeling from the off. I sensed every player was utterly determined to do well at the World Cup."

The Bavarian-born player’s record at his maiden FIFA World Cup rates as truly impressive: in six appearances, he has scored five goals and provided three assists. Furthermore, his goals have come from precisely five shots on target in South Africa, the definition of clinical finishing. Muller is not only the solitary 20-year-old to hit the target at the 2010 tournament, but also the second-youngest player of all time to net five times at a FIFA World Cup finals. That record belongs to the 17 years and 249 day-old Pele at Sweden 1958.

FIFA.com users twice voted Muller their Budweiser Man of the Match (against England and Uruguay). The player was suspended for Germany’s 1-0 defeat to Spain in the semi-finals after receiving two yellow cards in previous matches.

During the tournament, numerous greats of the game queued up to heap praise on the rising star. "The lad has everything. He’s quick, he shoots with both feet, he’s good in the air, and he makes terrific runs down the channels. He’s a quick thinker, he reads the game well, and he has that precious nose for goal,” Gerd ‘Der Bomber’ Muller told FIFA.com when quizzed about his heir apparent.

The Best Young Player award has often proved the precursor to an illustrious career in senior football. Pele was the first recipient of the award in 1958, and winners since then have included Enzo Scifo (1986) and Michael Owen (1998).

Events in South Africa bode well for Thomas Muller’s future prospects and potential for achievement within the game. But as always, only time will tell, and the next step is up to him alone.

PS: The game Referee was one trigger-happy chap. [big Grin] He has completely ruined the game for both teams. I am convinced English newspapers will not grace him with kind words come tomorrow.

The English referee, Howard Webb, is very, very well-known in the Premiership and Champions League games, for his happy-to-give cards, so he is not new to the English tabloids.