Sign in to follow this  
WingA

FIFA World Cup 2010

Somalina   
smile.gif Elated and over the moon...taaaaankis MMA! sorry teamkaada waa laga raaye maanta...what a boring and lifeless final game it was...Germany-Uruguay match was way exciting.

nuune   

BOB :D waxaagu waa ka dareey adigu, I never said the fereree is good, though regarded best in the premiership, I never said Spain were good at the finals, I never said the commentators that talk about Roooney alot are my commentators, google John Giles, Eamon Dunphy, Jim Beglin, George Hamilton and many others, all Irish sxb, all of them veterans, not the likes of the Brtis, these one's hate the Brits more than you do, but it also means I don't like the English commentators who most of the time talk about falled/failed players smile.gif

Tan kale yaa BOB, the reason aad dutchka uga daba niqleeneeso :D waa logistical reasons that pre-date 1994 ;) ee naga daa bahasha muran gaga niyahow ee wax quman aan liqo iila kaalay oon calaanjin u baahneeyn.

NGONGE   

The first twenty minutes of the game showed that Spain were going to dominate things (they had at least four good chances and were on top of the dutch midfield). However, due to instructions from the dutch manager or because of furstration, the dutch suddenly changed their game plan. Now it was not about testing their own skill against that of the spanish (a battle they lost in the first 20 minutes). Now it was about breaking legs and disrubting the flow of the spanish passing game. It worked! The refree also helped by not giving at least two clear red cards in the first half.

However, the spanish carried on doing what they always did. Pass, move, pass, move, pass move, fall down, get up, pass move, dive, get up, pass move. They eventually tired their opponents down and won the game just like they did against all the teams they met in the knockout stages.

Spain were by far the best team in this tournment. In the knockout rounds they did not concede a single goal (so much for A&T's view of their defence).

P.S.

For those that say it was a boring game I have to repeat what I've been saying all year: kubbada barta (this was a great game).

P.P.S

Tuujiye, indha adeegagaan la yaabay, saaxib. :D

Thierry.   

^^ :D I must say you are becoming more reliable than Octopus Paul.

The better team deserved to win the game.

It was a great tournament, Ghana did us proud and to top it the best player Forlan got Golden Ball.

Back to the drawing boards for England and lets hope Blanc can reverse the French failure for the next World Cup.

The Germans will be a dominant force in the near future, and a movie will be made of Diego Maradona.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

The best team in the tournament won.

I hope A&T is prepared to eat his words now
:D

Yes. I am prepared to eat my words without if and but. I have voiced my support for Spain during the tournament. They played the most positive game next to Chile.

You see afterall I am not headstrong as you often label me. I change my mind when there is convincing evidence.

Spain are playing very good football, but I will credit their midfield rather than their defence for not conceding too many goals. In the rare cases, other teams manage to get hold of the ball and past the midfield, they often ended up face to face with Iker Casillas. So, Ngonge, look at their defence beyond the goals conceded.

What Bob is saying about the Holland way of play and the referee being card happy is utter rubbish. Holland played the same way and frustrated Brazil with a lenient Japanese referee and Howard nearly did the same in the first half. They were playing karate not football.

NGONGE   

^^ Their defence is not perfect (no defence is) but it was effective enough to give them clean sheets in all their knockout rounds. Wax fahan.

As for Norf telling you to eat your words..here is a gift from me to you. :D

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

I still can't see beyoned Spain though.

Be careful saxib, be very careful
:D

Nuune iyo Ngonge ma kala hadhaan when it comes to footy. Ngonge wixiisu wa lastminute.com. Lads when Spain meet another team that can keep the ball and counter at speed they will lose (like vs Holland)(but Holland would lose to England heh).

As for the surprise of the tournament I will say Hunduras and Bafana Bafana.

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

Germany will beat Spain! isbaanishkaan aan aduunka ugu necbahay aniga...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

It is not because I don't know about the dose of nonesenses and contradictions Norf spews out in this section that I didn't confront him. It is because it is too many to follow it all and to bring it to his attention. I ahve given up on him long time ago.

I even have PM's from him arguing that England will bounce back and will shine once they face big teams (this was after their dismal showing at the group stages). Few days later, when Germany trounced them, he came here and said he never said England will do good and that he supports them regardless.

Markaa ninkaa isdabamarkiisu caadi ma'aha. Tuujiye isagu waa nin waalan oo kubada maba daawado. Dad ka sheekeyn unbuu maqlaa.

Ngonge, on Spain, I still believe they will find it difficult to win games with this style of play once Mourinho-type tactics are mastered by other teams and are used against them. We will live to see, but I think the way Holland and Paraguay played against them (not to mention Switzerland) shows that there is no guarantee this artful approach will continue to yield results in the future. If it does, we all win as it is good and entertaining football that we want.

NGONGE   

^^ This style would have worked better had Torres been fit, saaxib. At many points in this tournment Spain were playing with ten men instead of the eleven their opponents had. They are the best team to win the world cup for decades (DECADES).

Abtigiis   

Fully agree, but I am not a fan of Torres even when he is suppossedly fit. I think he is in the twilight of his career, and it is not fitness that is causing his dismal form.

In anycase, I thik Spain have shown that you can win by playing beautifully, something Dunga thought is a contradiction. And also, even if you adapt a more tactical and defensive approach, there is no guarantee it will always work. So, in the end, there is no substitute to playing your way. I think Spain's win will help Brazil (who although were solid, but were boring) and we will see a team that can move the ball around better than the Spainsh.

BOB   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

What Bob is saying about the Holland way of play and the referee being card happy is utter rubbish. Holland played the same way and frustrated Brazil with a lenient Japanese referee and Howard nearly did the same in the first half. They were playing karate not football.

Now that's the bitterness in you talking...you need to let it go and admit that Dunga got what he deserved by relying heavily on bunch of average players with no leader (playmaker) to direct their play on the pitch.

Back to the topic...Players from both sides were nervous because of the occasion and ONLY those who played proper football and cup competition will understand what I'm talking about but the rest of you will think I'm making excuse for the way the dutch played but I'm not because after all we're talking about the world cup final and even Xavi the genius who never misses a pass missed more than I've ever seen him miss, however the referee proved to be more nervous than the players as his card brandishing antics will prove (14 all together, 9 for Holland & 5 for Spain) which by the way IS RECORD...you still think I'm talking rubbish A&T?

Holland beat Brazil fairly and squarely and if I were you I'd be careful to accuse the opposition players of playing Kung Fu style when we all saw what Melo did to Robben but I bet you did not see that...didn't you?

I said it before and I say it again apart from De Jong and Van Bommel I'm not sure ther other 7 deserved to be booked, he seemed to book the dutch players everytime they fouled whilst ignoring the spanish fouls.

and once again Congrats To Spain.

I'm out.

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

^^ A&T has a point. The stats don't lie. Spain were the the team in the world cup that suffered the most fouls. Guess which team was the one that committed the most fouls in this world cup? :D

Had you watched the game (without passion of course) you would see that my reply above (about the game) was exactly how things panned out. Dee naga daa.

Abtigiis   

Here is a tongue-in-cheek alternative award of the world cup.

Fair Play Award: Mark van Bommel, Netherlands

Although defensive midfielders are often a magnet for bookings, van Bommel was so clean he didn’t see his first yellow card until the semifinals. A fine, clean player by all accounts.

Best Goalkeeper: Robert Green, England

Plenty of goalkeepers save goals, but how many can say they were responsible for creating them?

BOB   

Fabregas feels with Arsenal team-mate van Persie

By Peter Auf der Heyde.

Johannesburg - Midfielder Cesc Fabregas said his first thought after winning the World Cup with Spain on Sunday night was for his Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie, who was on the losing Dutch side.

Andres Iniesta's goal four minutes from the end of extra time not only gave Spain a 1-0 victory, they also became only the second country after Germany in 1972 and 1974 to win the World Cup as reigning Euro champions.

Fabregas, who came on late in the second half, said that when the final whistle went, he saw his team-mate Xavi and then thought about going to his family.

'But my first thing was to go to Robin. I had to go to Robin, that was the first thing that I did, instead of celebrating, I went to Robin.

'I think he deserved it as well, you know, it is really hard for him. He was injured for a long time, he had his moment there. Of course, if it was not us he was playing against, I would have been on his side and I was really sad for him because he deserved it as well.'

Fabregas said that van Persie congratulated him. 'He told me to enjoy the moment, but I think and I really hope that he has his moment at some time and that he also wins the World Cup.

'He is a great guy and a great leader and he has been really unlucky with injuries and I really hope that he can have his moment next year and hopefully he can win something.'

The 23-year-old said that he had also received a text from his Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger. 'He also congratulated me.'

He said that it was one of the happiest days of his life. 'It is a great moment for me, for every Spanish player and all the Spanish people. We were very proud of it. We always thought we could make it and it is something special and we are very, very happy.'

Fabregas, who missed much of the Premier League season through injury, said that it had been a difficult tournament for him. 'But today, I don't know why I had something inside me that was telling me I would get my chance today.

'All my family wanted to come because they believed I would have my chance today. And I had it, I am very very proud of it.

'It is been hard, but it does not matter how hard it was, it is one of the best moments of my life and I have to thank everybody for trusting me. Even when I was not at my best, they still trusted me.

'Today we are living a dream.'

Link

Great Lad & Good Skipper

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

^^ I shall be the Jacaylbaro to your weak Cawke, saaxib. This is how our players do it:

ft7.jpg

His armband proved he was a red, Torres Torres,

"You'll never walk alone" it said, Torres Torres,

We bought the lad from sunny spain,

He gets the ball, he scores agein,

Fer-nan-do-Tor-res, Liverpool's number 9!

la la la la la la la......