Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

There is something rotten in the state of Puntland!

Puntlanders r exotic species or more fitting somalia's attention deficit syndrome baby.They live on controversy as there's not much of use going on in that barren pintland.

Samafal   

^LOL says a secessionist who's whole project is built on winching and whining. And please do talk us through the green pastures of part of your world? Will ya?

NGONGE   

Relax Baashi, the title is a play on Shakespeare's famous line ;) (I promise to forgive your haste there if you promise to give me your take on this "poker game").

Baashi   

^Really? :) -- Ahem! I am still stuck with the title of the post "There is something rotten in the state of Puntland!"

NGONGE   

something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Etymology

A line spoken by Marcellus in Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act I.

Phrase

something is rotten in the state of Denmark

1.Something is not right, rife with errors from top to bottom,
leading to suspicion of motive
. If the administration knew about the problems and chose not to prevent them, then clearly something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Translations

Hamlet quotation, used in other contexts to mean "
something is not right
."

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/something_is_rotten_in_the_state_of_Denmark

Now, about that "Poker game" of yours......:D

Baashi   

Ah! Clever and well-read Ngonge uses Shakespearean verse and prose to weigh in and gauge the goings of Garowe :) Who would've thought that high art is possible eh :)

Aight even if we let that one slip and use Shakespearean literary device then it begs the question why Puntland! You would think Benadir is more apt metaphor in this case, no? Instead of zeroing in Garowe the very folks who brought up "something is not right" in what transpired in Mogadishu you Ngonge are sending SOLs in goose chase a la "when did they know it" and "why they didn't say something"

Awoowe let's turn our attention to Mogadishu direction and question the motive of those who made an authorized changes to the Constitution :)

So who changed the document, when did they changed, and why they changed it? Does Hassan know about it? When did he found out about this? What about Jawari? Is there a conspiracy going on here?

We got plenty of time for the high poker game awoowe :)

Carafaat   

Baashi, It was Puntland who made these accutions of changes to the constitution. Shouldnt Puntland clearfy when this happened in the process? You know in order to for the new goverment to correct things? Mise waa poker oo waxba fashilmiyaa markaas? :D

Samafal   

Mr Culusoow did not know any changes made to the constitution as he has never made any effort to read it. He even naively thought his term is 4 years :) what a president!!

^^:D :D

I am sure he will be grateful for Faroole for restoring the five year term clause. Perhaps Sharif's team calculated that four years will be enough time for the former transitional president to finish Boston school and come back to content for the top post again :D

NGONGE   

You're moving the goal posts, Baashi. The news came from PL and it's natural to ask (as I did in this thread) what the Imam is up to here. He is after all the man that championed this federal system all along and hosted two main parts of the reconciliation between Somalis. It is very strange (and rotten) to discover that the constitution has been changed without his knowledge and, worse still, that it took him EIGHT months to point it out.

In addition, all signs show that Hassan Sheikh is innocent of any tampering here. As for Jawaari, I did mention him and point out that he was involved in the creation of this constitution BEFORE becoming speaker. That nonetheless, is news for another day. Today I am wondering why the Imam chose to spit the dummy now and not a few months back.

It is a "poker game" like you say and the Imam made his move. So, tell me, is it a bluff or has he got a good hand? ;)

Baashi   

^Rageedii :). Post more threads please :)

Ngonge, Farole is also innocent. Who knows? Perhaps he wanted to break the news to the man himself :)

Mogadishu is where the action awoowe. I can't go into the poker game moves being made there and other centers of power including secessionist's den :)

We have to put this baby to bed first. The crying for attention is deafening you see.

So who you think changed it?

Later guys -- off to a meeting.

Carafaat   

As the resident expert of Pirate politics or the only known 'Puntlantologist', my gues would be pirates as one the stakeholders of the Garowe princibles or gang (consisting of Sheick Shariif, Abdiwali, ASWJ, Galdmudug) are hiding something here. As all the other stakeholders have been replaced, they hope to make use of the ignorence of other by trying to reopen negoitiaten on the constitution to pass the remaining 10 procent of pirate clausules.

A dangerous game if you think that they might risk that the current federal clausules will be open for debate as well. Hence why Pirates are so cautious to share any information regarding the changed articles. They have only shared the Puntland favoured articles that have been changed, not the other articles that centrist have given in on the pirates. And my guess would be that those articles outnumber the articles Puntland has mentioned.

Waa tuug habeen madoow wax xaday, oo maalin cad usoo laabtay for a second round and still hoping people would not notice the stolen goods. :D

Samafal   

Carafaat;945370 wrote:
As the resident expert of Pirate politics or the only known 'Puntlantologist', my gues would be pirates as one the stakeholders of the Garowe princibles or gang (consisting of Sheick Shariif, Abdiwali, ASWJ, Galdmudug) are hiding something here. As all the other stakeholders have been replaced, they hope to make use of the ignorence of other by trying to reopen negoitiaten on the constitution to pass the remaining 10 procent of pirate clausules.

:D

LOL that's classic paranoia. Soon qashinkaad magaalada ka guraysaa hadii aad saan kusocotid Walle, xanuun qolo layiraahdo Pirate baa kugu dhacay, you see everything in them. It was the Roadmap first, then it was the constituitionka and now Jubbaland. Never ending paranoia of certain folks are here to get us.