Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

An Open Letter to President Hassan Mohamoud

NGONGE   

^^ In 90 days, they'll just kick the can further down the road, saaxib. But, like in this meeting and the two before it, SL will extract another concession from Somalia without having to give anything in return save agree to talk and not use upsetting language (and even these two are more to SL's benefit than Somalia's).

The Khaatumo and PL press are asking the right questions here, Xiin. How long will you keep biting your fist? :D

D.O.C   

Even we left the patriotic songs we once made for you with free of charge. Coming back to the subject if 4 leaders of khatumo want to be part of somalia then be it, I am in favour of having discussion with them (for settling the divorce) together with international partners and make new borders as well as a wall. I mean what is the benefit, we as somalilanders are gaining from this small barren area?

:D :D @NGONGE

Such wishes of continuous talks till the day is ripe for recognition is the stuff only a Hargeysaawi can believe :D. You know and I know, good NGONGE, these talks are not without assessable purpose, deliverables, and milestones. They even have dates, for Gods sake, to ensure certain commitment from Somaliland and the president.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you mention Puntland. For Puntland understands, and is not in the dark with respect to these talks. Khatumo is another matter. They are serving their purpose and I understand where they coming.

Supreme Garaad jamac giving President hassan a clear warning

Garaadka Guud Ee Maamulka Khaatumo state oo Ka Horyimi Isxulufeysiga SNM iyo Culusoow, Kana Digey Waxey Wadaan

Taleex (Allssc.com)

Garaadka Guud ee beelaha dega maamulka Khaatumo State Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali ayaa digniin culus u direy madaxweynihii soomaaliyi hawsha u dhiibatey laakiin dib xumaantii qabiilka u fadhanaya Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud (Xasan Culusoow)

Culusoow ayaa hada u xiibsiibtey inuu soo nooleeyo dagaaladii sokeeye ee labaatanka sano soomaaliya kasocdey iyo isxulifeysigii qabiilada ee ku saleysnaa dabartirka qabiilada kale ee ay u arkaan iney xukunka wadanka wax ka doonayaan iney wax ka qabtaan

Hoos ka dhegeyso hadalada garaadka mar uu ka hadlayey magaalada taleex oo shir aan loo kala kicini uga socdo heyadaha madaxtooyada, maamulka iyo dhaqanka ee maamulka Khaatumo State.

shirkan ayaa waxaa looga arinsanayaa balan kabaxa Xasdan culusoow iyo taxaalufka cusub ee uu la abuurtey jabhada beesha hargeysa ee SNM, jabhadan oo ilaa iyo hada gaboodfalo kala duwan oo isugu jira dhul boob, dil iyo xabsi ka buuxin ku heysa qabiilada dega waqooyiga ee aan ahayn beesha Isaaqa khaasatan magaalooyinka Laasacaanood, Ceerigaabo iyo Boorama.

Hoos Ka Dhegeyso hadalka Garaadka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wX5DWMKoZ1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;938740 wrote:
:D
:D @NGONGE

Such wishes of continuous talks till the day is ripe for recognition is the stuff only a Hargeysaawi can believe
:D
. You know and I know, good NGONGE, these talks are not without assessable purpose, deliverables, and milestones. They even have dates, for Gods sake, to ensure certain commitment from Somaliland and the president.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you mention Puntland. For Puntland understands, and is not in the dark with respect to these talks. Khatumo is another matter. They are serving their purpose and I understand where they coming.

What Milestones, saaxib? :D

As for continuous talks, has this not been the case? Maxa Somalia o so khorday as a result of these talks? What were the "deliverables" for Somalia? Naga daa dee.

^^No this has not been the case with Somalia. Somalia wax badan baa usoo kordhay , waxa wadahadaladu socdaan ba waa waa wax sanad ka yar, maantana waxaa la joogaa meesha aan hadda kawada sheekaysanayno.

'Nagaa dee' waa yeeli lahaa, haddii aadan iila hadasheen sidii ardayda Hargeysa high school lagu baro juquraafiga Somaliland :D

Fiiri, by continuous talks, you are suggesting the IC Turkey included) are in this for the kicks of it, and are not expecting an outcome , and reasonably quick one at that. That just cannot be so.

Siilaanyo is in London today for a reason. It is not a vacation awoowe :D

NGONGE   

^^ That's Crystal ball talk again (about Siilaanyo). ;)

As for what the IC expects. Err, did you read the latest communique from the talks? Waxa la yedhi, the IC are there to facilitate not mediate. This is politics, saaxib. I already told you (months before) that I don't expect these talks to bear any fruit when the issue of breaking away is discussed. The two sides are not going to agree on that point. You know it, I know it and every Somali that follows Somali politics knows it. By engaging in the talks, Somaliland are getting free coverage (and now lots of other freebies). But, like I asked you above (whilest you follow my words here), what does Somalia get?

^^Actually one could argue it is Somalia that benefits the continuation of these talks , but that is not the direction these talks are headed. I assume you know this but there are major international conference coming up soon about Somalia (the proper one) all regarding development money , World Bank conference at DC, London, and Tokyo. In each one Somalia will be represented by its federal leaders. What the Ankara meeting did was to put a framework of understanding what the relationship between the two political entities (there are clearly two distinct, independent of each other political leadership here) with respect to the renewed international focus on Somalia and development investment that comes with it. And those of us who are in the know are happy how that got cleared up :D. It was also good for Siilaanyo to prove the naysayers at home or those who doubted his skills and bring some seemingly diplomatic victories back to home.

But I still consider you a man capable of cutting the noise and formalities to appraise the substance of the talks. No one expected teh first meeting will result in Somaliland renouncing its position or Somalia insisting on Hargeysa's full surrender. But from the parameters in which the engagement is defined, it was a wise move from Somalia (and from Somaliland). As for whether they will meet in 90 days, I say they will ---baring a very negative and unforeseen development .You seem to be doubting it, and I don't know why is that awoowe.

Daqane   

The fourth point of Ankara Communiqué by Somalia/Somaliland Carries the Weight

Mohamoud Arrale

Monday, April 15, 2013

I would like to express my earnest gratitude to the Turkish Government for hoisting the Somalia and Somaliland Governments dialogue which has been finalised in Ankara on 13 April 2013. All the members in the dialogue for Somaliland and Somalia which led have been by the two presidents; Hon. Ahmed M Mohamoud (silanyo) and Hon. Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud also deserve compliments. The fourth point of the communiqué prompted me to write is short analysis or comment to the effect that this agreement may entail in the setting of Somaliland and Somalia both in the short and long term.

From my point of view the seven points of the communiqué of Ankara Agreement between Somalia and Somaliland, the fourth point of the agreement that reads ‘Agreed to encourage and facilitate the international aid and development provided to Somaliland’’ is the master key of the new door of the Horn and to me at least it has the interpretation of endorsing and accepting the powers of the Federal Government of Somalia over Somaliland and thus equates the Somaliland Government to other regional governments of Somalia. All other points, except number seven, could be fitted in under the fourth which is the mother of all as usual business.

The fourth point negates the persistent claim of Somaliland as being a sacrosanct entity that dissociated from Somalia in 1991. That barrier or ideology of never to be again with Somalia is now banished overnight, presumably with the intention of both sides or one side, by the magic two simple words ‘encourage and facilitate’ which the second word closes the lid of the hope of independence of Somaliland as ALL the Financial aid and development to Somaliland will be endorsed by the Federal Government of Somalia from now on to my understanding.

On the other side of the coin, this meeting served to the interest or the advantage of the Turkish and Western petroleum companies, and also has a significant economical advantage to Somaliland in the short term. Furthermore, it may backfire to the intention of Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud’s side to Sign this seven–point agreement as some people in Somalia may get infuriated by this outcome. In the long term it changes the political and economical direction of both Somalia and Somaliland as the future focal point of the Horn will be shifted to the North as a strategic point of investment that will also exert a pull on the South to unite Somaliland without political arrangement similar to the Union of the 1960 - name might transform later. This is because the regions in the South (Somalia) are now immersing into a situation that will weaken the function and continuation or replacement of this Federal Somali Government. That situation is purportedly marred by political contention of emerging tribal regions which Kismayo is the last catalyst of this process which has the backing of some visible and invisible foreign hands that may after this stage exit through the index finger which is the most further end of the Somali soil.

In conclusion, for better or worse, we are now facing reality and we should come in terms with the outcome of the Ankara meeting and get prepared for the change and the way forward. Not the way Somalia wants and not the way Somaliland wanted. It is somewhere in between and that is the future shape of the Horn of Africa. The interest of the world!

Mohamoud Hassan Arrale

Arrale3@yahoo.com

Is it me or our waqooyi brothers are moving goal post, not too long, the idea of sitting down with Xamar was abhorrent thing to even think about and now it's source of legitimacy?

^Talking was always good it was in kulmiyes campaign even cigaal and rayaale wanted that but there was no goverment to talk to its good the 2 sides are talking they are still not there if they dont talk there wont be a solution.

Daqane   

I have noted your interpretation, all things will be known in time, after 22 years what is a couple of months....

Baashi   

^ :) If Oodweyne thainks Silanyo is looking out for them that is music to our ears :). On your last para. you are giving away the ball buddy as you are implying the SFG can block the gate.

Spin masters at work again :)

I suppose our ESL is good enough to discern and interpret the language contained in the communique. The fact that we are reading the same communique and drawing a different conclusion from it is a sign of how proponents and opponents of secession are injecting their own wishes to the document.

I guess we can all agree that SFG is the gatekeeper of the territory under Somalia that once existed.

We can also agree that existing recovery zones have been given assurances that Mogadishu will not have the power to dictate or change the rules of the game without their consent.

We can also agree that Somaliland is special case in the sense that the admin in charge was not part of the roadmap and the placeholder (clan-wise) is coming off as it should be.

We can also agree that powers that be are force for moderation in the sense that while they empower SFG and recognize it as the sole authority of Somalia they still want to manage this crucial post-conflict transition period.

Somaliland has arrived and is now at dirrin. We the unionists said it so few years back that’s where Somalis will end up. Now they are at the dirrin and they are talking about the issues that matter to Somalia’s unity. That’s a progress.

Ngonge has asked several times what’s in it for Somalia. The answer is simple. A lot!

Somalia is a recognized sovereign state. Somaliland wants to change the status. To do so they are forced to sit the head of the household. All the communique you are rubbing on our faces says is that Somalia will talk to their brothers and will ensure that they get their share of the pie until the talks are finalized one way or another.

That’s all awoowe.

Now on Khatumo! They have my sympathy. That’s all I can say. Their politicians are not shrewd enough to unite their folks and play this cutthroat game like a pro. But no worries Hassan has their back. If he drops the ball, Farole is there to pick it up for them.

STOIC   

Haha@farole is there to pick it up for them.What a great fodder for a confused community.Like I said on Sunday SomLiland gain the most by still staying on its course and getting paid for it... BAck to work and enjoyed reading xiiin 90 days goal ...

NGONGE, our friends Baashi/Xiin/Daqane cannot answer what Somalia got in this conference, because it got nothing. Not one single solitary iota. They don’t realize, by Somalia having to talk to Somaliland as an equal it has effectively recognized Somaliland in principle. This is what Ali Khalif Galeydh understands. Actions speak louder than words. :D

Odweyne, Baashi has really bungled this one. It would help if he had a new frame of reference other than "recovery zones". The winds of change Egal spoke of are upon us. :D