Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

An Open Letter to President Hassan Mohamoud

A_Khadar   

Mohamed Yusuf Halac

President of Khatumo state of Somalia

Mr President

First and foremost, I would like to convey to you, on behalf of our Khatumo people, the respects due to you as our President. Needless to say, no where has your election as president been received with such rousing welcome and instant stirring jubilations as among our people in Sool, Sanaag and Cayn (SSC) regions. This is for the simple reason that as devoted unionists they perceived you as someone ushering a new dawn for Somalia who would lead it away from its long-enduring failed state and defend its battered unity against its enemies, namely the one-clan secessionists in the north calling themselves Somaliland.

Alas, those hopes were too good to be true as the earlier premature euphoria started to evaporate into thin air, increasingly giving way to the familiar despair. Today, sadly, discontent with your presidency is gaining ground each day in the country, apart from those who would support you right or wrong out of blind clan loyalty. To be fair to you, some of the blame might be misplaced, but most are well-founded and are of your own making. More often than not, Mr President, your actions are not born out of well-considered national policies and strategies for the benefit of Somalia but amount to selected short-sighted and misguided initiatives aimed at gaining advantages at the cost of those you consider dispensable or perceive as clan adversaries. There is something déjà vu about all this, and unless you urgently change course, we are likely to slide back into the quagmire we thought we had emerged from on your election. If that happens, God forbid, you can only imagine your ignominious place in Somalia’s history.

Of all your questionable, if not reprehensible actions, I will confine myself to the one that concerns us directly and that is your unilateral, imperious plan to dispose of our existence as Khatumo, as distinct SSC regions and people within Somalia, and feed us to the tutelage of the enemies of Somalia and its unity. What makes your plan all more outrageous and offensive is that you conceived it over our heads, in total disregard of our fundamental rights, as if we were no more than disposable tradable commodities. All the same, all you have managed to achieve in one swoop is to alienate our people, perhaps irreversibly, while abetting rather than prevailing over Somaliland’s secessionist intransigence.

Mr president, you should know that the Khatumo State of Somalia was not established to fulfil myopic clan aggrandisement like the other mushrooming clan enclaves but simply as the only way we could distance ourselves from Somaliland and resist the secession that the one-clan enclave has been barbarically imposing on us through occupation of our capital Lascanod. Since then we have been single-handedly defending the unity of Somalia that you, your government and its predecessors have failed to defend in deeds and words.

Mr President, let me tell you that our problem with our brothers in the one-clan secessionist enclave in the north is not about perennial clan antagonisms that are common in the south. Indeed, the fraternity among the northern people whatever their clans have always been deep, apart from the occasional clashes between any two neighbouring clans over scare resources which have been settled through time-honoured conflict resolution modalities until perverted by the current administration in Hargeisa for unscrupulous political ends.

The problem, Mr President, is not with the secessionist clan per se but with their expansionist colonialist administration and our irreconcilable stands: on one side, it is their relentless obsession with the break-up of Somalia, their desire to have a state where as a clan they can dominate all other clans, and their use of force and occupation to make us succumb to their secession and tutelage; and on the other side, facing them, is our equally resolute determination to defy them and remain unionists adhering to the motherland. Our stand is the one any Somali leader worth his salt, whether a president or Prime Minister, or for that matter others in the government and Parliament, should have rallied to us and gave us material and moral support. Alas, far from doing that, you chose to stab us in the back and offer us to Somaliland as a sacrificial lamb.

READ

Carafaat   

What could end the unity of Somalia, though Mr President, are Khatumo people disillusioned about the way you had sold them out to the secessionists. There is a limit to their devotion to the union and if all they get for all their sacrifices for Somalia and the union, now or in the past, is betrayal at your hands and lack of support from parliament, cabinet and the wider non-secessionist Somalia, we fear enraged people would take matters into their own hands and force secession from Somalia on Khartoum

Why is Khatumo threatening with secession? If Khatumo truly seeks Unity and the restoration of the Union, then it should welcome the talks between Somalia and Somaliland.

NGONGE   

This has the infamous Osman's fingers all over it. :D

Khadar, Khaliif was making a similar threat in a post that Xaaji X posted. He was even more clear in threatening to join SL! What do you think of that?

A_Khadar   

Khatumo, Awdal and Makhir re-ignite an even bolder “United Somali Party” (USP): promised to bring Somalia 2.0

IMG_0351-300x225.jpg

I want to start by thanking the president of Awdal State: Honourable Justice Rashiid Aw-Nur and his delegation for making such a long trip just to be here with us tonight. I also like to thank all the other dignitaries for coming here tonight. Finally, i would like to thank the hard working organizers of this event representating Khatumo, Awdal and Makhir communities of Toronto and Ottawa, Canada. Let me begin with a statement from our Canadian National Anthem. They say that In North America, Canada is “The True North Strong and Free”. Well, Ladies and gentlemen, in Northern Somalia, Awdal State, Khatumo State and Makhir States, are the “True North Strong and Free”. Tonight, my dear friends, There is a new breeze of freedom and liberty in Northern Somalia; after many years of civil war, hunger and hopelessness, suffering and oppression, there is a renewed sense of hope and belief in the sovereignty and Unity of our Country.

In 1956, under the famous Gol-khatumo tree, gathered the communities of Khatumo, Awdal and Makhir, United under the United Somali Party USP banner. Their wisdom and collaboration in bringing together North and South Somalia laid down the foundations for A united SOMALI Republic. Almost 60 years later, ladies and gentlemen, we have an opportunity to become that catalyst again, the tie that binds together a true and unified Somali Federation.

In the history of Somalia, some would say that the British government said that Somaliland was once a country. Well, ladies and gentlemen the British also said, that Awdal state was once an Empire, that Makhir State was once a Kingdom, and that Khatumo State was once a Dervish State. Whether you prefer a Country over an Empire or a Kingdom over a Dervish State, is not the issue before us today. That issue before us tonight is the new reality and the need to support the unity the re-birth of our internationally recognized Federal Government.

READ

A_Khadar   

NGONGE;938320 wrote:
This has the infamous Osman's fingers all over it.
:D

Khadar, Khaliif was making a similar threat in a post that Xaaji X posted. He was even more clear in threatening to join SL! What do you think of that?

NG, you know better. Ali didn't threat to join SL. However this ain't about Khalif or Xaglo or about anyone you know their names. Xaglo joined SL long ago. That didn't stop but made Khatumo stronger. Same goes with individuals. This is about the people and people are not entertained with SL's clan songs..

FYI, Xaglo is in Nairobi and rumors are saying he scaped........

Carafaat;938313 wrote:
Why is Khatumo threatening with secession? If Khatumo truly seeks Unity and the restoration of the Union, then it should welcome the talks between Somalia and Somaliland.

Carafaat the professor said if we join SL there is nothing stopping us and that will be the end of the union. But the problem is the khatumites are in a dilemma, the government in Mogadishu doesnt care if they join SL or not if they remain in taleex, the government in Mogadishu doesn't care. I believe sh sharif would have been a better partner for khatuumo.

NGONGE   

A_Khadar;938325 wrote:
NG, you know better. Ali didn't threat to join SL. However this ain't about Khalif or Xaglo or about anyone you know their names. Xaglo joined SL long ago. That didn't stop but made Khatumo stronger. Same goes with individuals. This is about the people and people are not entertained with SL's clan songs..

FYI, Xaglo is in Nairobi and rumors are saying he scaped........

Listen to the video that Xaaji X posted in the other thread, saaxib. He did say that Khaatumo is the only thing standing between Somalia remaining united or breaking up. He did make a clear threat about joining Somaliland and that if such a thing happens, nobody and nothing could stop the dismemberment of Somalia. In addition, he was not talking from a personal point of view but on behalf of Khaatumo.

Now I know this was nothing but a threat to try to twist the arm of Hassan Sheikh but what happens if the FG tells him to go to hell? Where would that leave him?

A_Khadar   

^^ Awoowe you're right that is what he said but my understanding is that he is reminding the President that his steps of signing agreements with one clan that doesn't represent Khatumo, Awadal and Makhir. However as you suggested if he doesn't give a hood, what Khatumo and other non-secessionists clans in the north would do, is simple no one can force them if Somaliland wants disunite from Somalia so as Khatumo and other clans can also disunite themself from the beesha dhehe. Let us be all little fiefdoms, clan nations.

NGONGE   

^^ I get your understanding and I am not suggesting for a minute that this is what Khaatumo plans to do (not yet anyway). However, I believe that he's putting himself in a tight corner by making such threats.

As for the "let us be all little fiefdoms, clan nations", I am afraid that is not possible if Somalia and Somaliland are allowed to carve up an agreement that suits both Siilaanyo and Hassan Sheikh.

Wadani   

"There is a limit to their devotion to the union and if all they get for all their sacrifices for Somalia and the union, now or in the past, is betrayal at your hands and lack of support from parliament, cabinet and the wider non-secessionist Somalia, we fear enraged people would take matters into their own hands and force secession from Somalia on Khartoum, taking a leaf from Somaliland’s book when SNM rank and file members, bitter about their treatment under former military government, forced secession on their clan at their conference in Burco on May 1991.

Embittered Khartoum people are likely to opt for secession as the lesser evil in their eyes than to be part of Somaliland against their wish. They could break that bridge joining northern and southern Somalia in no time, something Somaliland had failed to do in 22 years. Not only would you have poured oil on already troubled waters in the north that would fan the flames of the current on-going conflict but you could go down in history as the man who inadvertently broke up Somalia thorough your misguided actions."

Jahawareer aan caadi ahayn :D

oba hiloowlow;938351 wrote:
''
somalinimo
ayaanu uu dhimaneyna''

damn i hate when people use the somalinimo card for their own agendas.

Somalinimo is an overused notion no one really understands what it means we tried to brainstorm about it before. For each and every one it means something else. Ofcourse for Cali khalif and his crew it means something else. And i am sure dad wa dhimanayey the past 21 years but lets be real cid Somalinimo u dhimatay the past 21 years ma jirto