Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

A Pre-Marriage Checklist to Determine Readiness

Wadani;920181 wrote:
^ No need for such testing if someone is chaste and follows the diin. But if that's not the case I agree, testing is a must.

In all seriousness, I swear my cousin's daughter was infected by a "pious looking dude", the son of a known wadaad and the sweetest, most innocent looking fellow. I rue the day, I rue the day. He died 2 years later and now the poor girl's life has been destroyed...imagine HIV stigma in our community? And she was innocent? Oh my, what a mess....a never ending Mexican Soap....

Alpha Blondy;920184 wrote:
LOL

what about trust? trust is an important value. you have to trust your future wifey LOL!

Well look where trust got my relative? I wish we could turn back the clock just some 5 years, but...

Wadani   

QansaxMeygaag;920186 wrote:
In all seriousness, I swear my cousin's daughter was infected by a "pious looking dude", the son of a known wadaad and the sweetest, most innocent looking fellow. I rue the day, I rue the day. He died 2 years later and now the poor girl's life has been destroyed...imagine HIV stigma in our community? And she was innocent? Oh my, what a mess....a never ending Mexican Soap....

OMG that's horrible.

Aaliyyah   

QansaxMeygaag;920176 wrote:
You all forgot one major thing from the list:

TAKE HIV TEST!!! And be safe...and healthy....

Good advice. I do believe that's a necessity nowadays. And no one should take it personal if they have nothing to hide.

Aaliyyah   

QansaxMeygaag;920186 wrote:

Sometimes people only know half of the stories. Unless you are most certain of what you are saying waxa fiican in waxba la sheegin. Simply advocate for cautiousness.

Wadani;920193 wrote:
OMG that's horrible.

I KNOW! I think am gonna give the next guy who comes calling for female relative a heart attack like "sorry mate, no offense but I don't need your yarad, give it to granny over there, just give me your clearance cert from the health department"

Wadani   

QansaxMeygaag;920199 wrote:
I KNOW! I think am gonna give the next guy who comes calling for female relative a heart attack like "sorry mate, no offense but I don't need your yarad, give it to granny over there, just give me your clearance cert from the health department"

Wallahi ur right....that's exactly what im gonna do, followed by a whole slew of other very difficult questions. I love my sisters and aunts to death and if something like that happened to them i'd skin the guy alive and roll in him around in salt.

Aaliyyah;920197 wrote:
Sometimes people only know half of the stories. Unless you are most certain of what you are saying waxa fiican in waxba la sheegin. Simply advocate for cautiousness.

True, waa cilmul qayb but am speaking from our perspective. He was confronted several times when we found out and it was heart-wrenching, he would just cry and say "ii cafi, ii cafi"....

Aaliyyah   

I thought he was only accused, but if he was confronted and he confirmed then it is a whole different ball game. Alle dariiqa saxa hana tuso.

QansaxMeygaag;920190 wrote:
Well look where trust got my relative? I wish we could turn back the clock just some 5 years, but...

i'll be sure to ask for HIV+ clearance certificate. they do this stuff in Uganda, South Africa, Lesotho and Botswana. imagine, the number of jobs that could be created. speaking of job creation, i was at this NGO, the other day and there is a position called FGM Officer. i'd love to see the job description of such a position. LOOOOOOOOOOOL. :D

Coofle   

NGONGE;920037 wrote:
Funny how everyone made their checklist about the girl and not the guy who is clearly asking for
a check list to determine readiness!
:D

It's a simple list, Africa.
:D

1-
Can you afford to look after more than one person? (mentally & financially)

2- Can you cope with another person under the same roof as you almost ALL the time?

3- Can you accept someone else going through your business and being involved in almost all you do?

4- Have you had enough of dating, makeups, breakups and chasing tail?

5- Do YOU feel ready?

6-
Can you afford to look after more than one person? (mentally & financially)

I personally think you're ready. In fact, you've been ready for a while ninyaho.

Adeer buug ka qor arrimaha Qoyska.... +++111

Aaliyyah;920203 wrote:
I thought he was only accused, but if he was confronted and he confirmed then it is a whole different ball game. Alle dariiqa saxa hana tuso.

Amiin. He was the sort of guy if he asked your sisters hand, you'd readily say yes. Well what can I say, we learnt the hard way and I was hoping to spare a few SOLers the pain if possible.

Blessed   

Wadani;920172 wrote:
Ur right Raula, I was a bit out of line. But there is no denying that they r more culturally lax than other Somalis, I stand by that.

They are just not as pretentious as the rest of us.