Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Puntland: The genocide in south Somalia in 1991 can't be forgotten

Waranle_Warrior;914468 wrote:
^Waar nin weeyn oo waxgarad ah ayaa tahay ee ha is ceebeeyn. You seem to be blinded by clan hatred laakiin anigu waxba kaa oran mayo.

Isdeji USC killed a lot innocent people but so did the other part waxba la isma dhaamin. The real victim clans are the minorities kuwaas maxaa looga hadli la'yahay ii sheegaa bal?

Wadani   

Wallahi I dont hate any clan. Look at my name bro. Im just saying, all sides need to admit their crimes. Oba himself told you he lost many relatives in the recent war in xamar, yet u made no mention of this and started talking about the 91 massacre. Do u only care about atrocities committed againt ur clan? Anigu I want caddaalad for all the clans ma garatay? This includes yours, and insha'Allah all stolen properties will be returned in due time.

Wadani;914467 wrote:
So wat do u suggest? R u saying we don't need national reconciliation on a grand scale?

Reconciliation needs to happen the Somali conflict is a long one a long civil war of 21 years what about reer shabeelada hoose and their grievances the Somali civil war was fundamentally different than the hutu and tutsi conflict. It needs a different approach but reconciliation is inevitable .

somalee   

Some of the perpetrators of the 1991 crimes hold political posts in Somalia, and are regarded by their clansmen as heroes and noble men.

Wadani   

What about the perpetrators of the 2006-2009 massacre in xamar? Many of them still hold positions too. Whats with u peope and ur selective and self-serving readings on Somali crimes and justice?

Wadani;914474 wrote:
Wallahi I dont hate any clan. Look at my name bro. Im just saying, all sides need to admit their crimes. Oba himself told you he lost many relatives in the recent war in xamar, yet u made no mention of this and started talking about the 91 massacre. Do u only care about atrocities committed againt ur clan? Anigu I want caddaalad for all the clans ma garatay? This includes yours, and insha'Allah all stolen properties will be returned in due time.

You make sense in this response bro and its a nice come back. However, if you are fair you can not compare the era of the 90's to what happened in 2006-2010. Also the topic was about clan cleansing and civil war of 91 of which neither of it could be termed to the later. People were being rounded in number and being killed for being from a certain clan in the 90's, the era of la isku dhihi jiray 'yaa tahay' or lahjadiisa ii fiiri and you are dead.

On the other hand in 2006-2010, of course no one is denying that atrocities had occurred and actually the period was not only 2006-2008 (Yey's time) but continued 2010/2011 during Shariif's reign people were dying in Mogadishu daily in their dozens until Alshabaab were removed from the city and the heavy clashes stopped. It was the TFG(with its all different clan leaders even with a change of the head ) vs Alshabaab, now only picking, selecting and pointing finger Yey and somehow turn into a civil war of Somali clans was the reason I called qabyaladist.

I don't think Shariif was hunting a particular clan when he was head and the Ugandans were heavily shelling the city randomly and were fiercely engaging battles with Alshabaab on the streets of Mogadishu. Similarly, Yey was representing the TFG which constituted many Somali clan, yes it was corrupt, incompetent and reckless may be but I don't understand how one can describe it as clanish - and if so, how could it be clanish when Yusuf is head and not when Shariif is head.

Sxb, xaqiiqda lagama fogaado, xaqiiqduna waxay tahay dadbaa reerka ay yihiin iyo isirkooda iyagoo maato ah lagu dilaayay 91 ilaa hadana guryahooda dadkale ay daganyihiin. Waxkale oo isdagaalayay iyaga dadkaan ay kudhaxdhinteen majirin ee waa dad isirka ay galabsaday.

somalee   

oba hiloowlow;914471 wrote:
Stop the BS both my ayeeyo's hail from that specific clan anigu waxaa diidanahay victimizing
soomali oo dhan baa is dishay in the 90s
if you believe only your clan baa dad laga dilay ilaahay haka caafiyo taas

What a load of BS! A particular clan was targeted Oba and we all know that. I understand some minority clans like shaanshi and others also suffered, but the D-bloc was specifically targeted here. The dictator terrorized the North but when the Northerners liberated themselves, they didn't turn on the D-bloc members to revenge, even though they could easily have done so if they wanted. What was done to these people in the name of a clan will never be justified. At least it would have been understandable if the Northerners were the perpetrators cause their women and children were brutally massacred by the military machine of Barre, but what reason did the southerners have to carry out such heinous, and unreasonable crimes against these people? I think pure hate was the reason here, and it can never be forgotten. To add salt to injury, their properties have been taken away from them and for more than 2 decades the robbers are still reluctant to give back.

somalee   

Wadani;914484 wrote:
What about the perpetrators of the 2006-2009 massacre in xamar? Many of them still hold positions too. Whats with u peope and ur selective and self-serving readings on Somali crimes and justice?

That massacre was carried out by a government that had all Somali clan members amongst their ranks. The same goes for the opposition (Islamic Courts Union). Tens of native Hargeysawis lost their lives fighting for the ICU. You can't give this war a clan dimension, it was purely based on ideology and Somalis from all regions and clans took part in it.

Wadani   

Waranle_Warrior;914489 wrote:
You make sense in this response bro and its a nice come back. However, if you are fair you can not compare the era of the 90's to what happened in 2006-2010. Also the topic was about clan cleansing and civil war of 91 of which neither of it could be termed to the later. People were being rounded in number and being killed for being from a certain clan in the 90's, the era of la isku dhihi jiray 'yaa tahay' or lahjadiisa ii fiiri and you are dead.

On the other hand in 2006-2010, of course no one is denying that atrocities had occurred and actually the period was not only 2006-2008 (Yey's time) but continued 2010/2011 during Shariif's reign people were dying in Mogadishu daily in their dozens until Alshabaab were removed from the city and the heavy clashes stopped. It was the TFG(with its all different clan leaders even with a change of the head ) vs Alshabaab, now only picking, selecting and pointing finger Yey and somehow turn into a civil war of Somali clans was the reason I called qabyaladist.

I don't think Shariif was hunting a particular clan when he was head and the Ugandans were heavily shelling the city randomly and were fiercely engaging battles with Alshabaab on the streets of Mogadishu. Similarly, Yey was representing the TFG which constituted many Somali clan, yes it was corrupt, incompetent and reckless may be but I don't understand how one can describe it as clanish - and if so, how could it be clanish when Yusuf is head and not when Shariif is head.

Sxb, xaqiiqda lagama fogaado, xaqiiqduna waxay tahay dadbaa reerka ay yihiin iyo isirkooda iyagoo maato ah lagu dilaayay 91 ilaa hadana guryahooda dadkale ay daganyihiin. Waxkale oo isdagaalayay iyaga dadkaan ay kudhaxdhinteen majirin ee waa dad isirka ay galabsaday.

Waa ruuntaa walaal. Si xun ayaa la idiin galay 91-kii. Taa cid diidi kartaa ma jirto. And I see what u mean about the recent war in xamar not being comprable to the one in the early 90's. But how come ilma-jabarti don't ever cut some slack for Somaliland since the SNM didn't do reprisal killings when it ousted the siyaad barre regime. All the pro-kacaan clans were forgiven, yet ilma-jabarti never acknowledge this.

^I heard a little bit of that happened and then afterward few short lived battles ensued and kadib caqliga shaqeeyay oo reerayahowgii dariska ahee ee isdhalay aan iska heshiino ayay dhaheen oo waa lawada heshiiyay, mase sidaas maahayn.

Wadani   

There were a few battles, but they were between snm and pro-kacaan clans. Snm never engaged in killing of civilians on account of their clan. All ilma-jabarti were forgiven, this is documented history. We forgave, even though we suffered worse than the usc, with hargaysa and burco being bombed to the ground. I think we deserve some credit for this gobanimo.

Carafaat   

Saalax;914412 wrote:
Madaxweyne Faroole: Soomaaliya wixii ka dhacay 1991 dii wax la ilaawi karo ma’ahan

Garoowe (RBC Radio) Madaxweynaha Dowlada Goboleedka Puntland Dr Cabdiraxmaan Maxamed Maxamuud Faroole ayaa sheegay in aan sinaba lagu ilaawi Karin Xasuuqii ka dhacay kuunfurta Soomaliya sanadii 1991dii oo uu sheegay in dad hantidoodii lagu xalaaleystay oo ay Dowlada xataa kamid ahayd taasi oo uu ku tilmaamay in ay ahayd xaq daro laga galay dad soomaaliyeed oo taariiqda dalkana baal mugdi ah kaga jirta mar uu maanta ka hadlayay Xaflada Furitaanka shirweynaya Xisbiga uu hormuudka u yahay ee Horseed oo maanta lagu qabtay Magaalada Garoowe.

“ Cadaadiska Dowlladii Milateriga ahayd ee dalka soo martay waa loo wada sinnaa marka la eego Gobolada Puntland oo gaariwaa la oranjiray xiligaa S-Land iyo Kuunfurba dadbaa Dameerey Magac ku qoreen Dil toogsho ah loogu xukumi jiray wxuu ahaa maamulkaasi mid dadka iyo dalkaba u daran, sidoo kale arintii ka dhacday Gobolada Waqooyi waxa weeye wax laga murugoodo laakiin maahan in laga badbadiyo, Madax Federaalka ka tirsan oo aan doonayn in aan halkaan ka sheego magacyadooda baa waxay yiraahdaan Waxba yaan colaadii hore laga sheekeyn waxanse leeyahay wax la qarinkaro maahan waaana sheegeynaa kana aamusi meyno ilaa raali gelin laga bixiyo Dadkii la xasuuqay hantidii la dhacay,
anigu 2ba guri baan ku lahaa Koonfur hadana waan iska iibiyay oo Guriyaan ku leeyahay Garoowe ayuu yiri Madaxweynaha Puntland Dr faroole.

Dr Faroole wuxuu sheegay in Puntland xili walba ay u taagan tahay midnimada iyo jiritaanka umada Soomaaliyeed waligeedna ay jidkaasi hayndoonto hadaan laga leexin sida uu yiri madaxweynuhu wuxuu kaloo sheegay in Dowlada Soomaliya Dastuurkii lagu soo doortay laga unkey Deegaanada Puntland siiba Garoowe oo ay madaxdii Dowladii kumeel gaarka ahayd ay yimaadeen wuxuuna sheegay Madaxweynuhu Puntland in ay ka go’need in Federaaliisimka la hirgesho hase ahaatee laga yaabay qaar ka mid ah madaxdii xiligaa jirtay in ay doonayeen in waqti loogu daro sida uu madaxweynuhu hadalka u dhigay.

HALKAAN KA DHAGEYSO

Ibraahim Wadani

RBC Radio

Xafiiska Garoowe

Is Faroole complaining about the price he sold his houses for?