Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Fresh clashes in northern Sool (Xudun) Between the Somaliland army and the Khatumo Miltiia

Dadka ladilaayo hala iska daayo, poolitikiska ciyaara. Killing and war will create more problems and animosity among Somalis.

Lets do and play politics and stay away from the guns, these latest clashes are no good for both groups.

RedSea   

Waranle_Warrior;912219 wrote:
And what is wrong with this If all these came about through peaceful means as it is right now since no one is using the barrel of gun to achieve those but by the desire of the people. Ironically the secessionists are using gun and want to gain territory through force.

It depends who you talk to garner public opinion. Everyone`wishes must be respected based on from the side yoi think is right.

Wadani   

Waranle_Warrior;912219 wrote:
And what is wrong with this If all these came about through peaceful means as it is right now since no one is using the barrel of gun to achieve those but by the desire of the people. Ironically the secessionists are using gun and want to gain territory through force.

Whats wrong with this? Umm nothing...except for the small inconvenient fact that the majority of Awdalites support Somaliland, and that durriyadda live in large swathes of both sool and sanaag.

Lix Maxbuus Oo Lagu soo Qabtay dagaalkii Xudun Oo caawa La Geeyay Cisbitaalka Burco

January 23rd, 2013

Burco (Somaliland.Org)- lix Maxbuus oo ka tirsan Maleeshiyadda Nabad diidka ah ee Khaatumo-seeg ayaa caawa Fiidkii la keenay Xabsiga Dhexe ee magaalada Burco.

Waxa la sheegay inay maxaabiistani yihiin kuwo ay ciidammadda Qaranka ee fadhigoodu yahay degmadda Xudun ee gobolka Sool ay ku soo qab-qabteen dagaal gaadmo ah oo salaasadii ay maleeshiyadda nabad diidka ah ee khaatumo ku soo qaadeen ciidamada qaranka ee jiidaasi kuwaasi oo Ciidanka qaranku adhaxda ka jabiyeen isla markaana ay baacsadeen masaafo dhan 40Km.

Geesta kalena wararka naga soo gaadhaya Degaanka Xudun ee Gobolka Sool ayaa tilmaamaya in maanta xaaladda Degaankaasi ay deganayd isla markaana ay ciidamada qaranka ee Somaliland ay guud ahaan-ba si balaadhan u sugeen amaanka deegaankii iska horimaadku ka dhacay.

Ciidanka qaranku waxay dagaalkaasi kooxdan nabad diidka ah kaga soo furteen laba baabuur oo tikniko ah, hal baabuur oo xamuulla iyo maxaabiis gacanta lagaga dhigay.

Taleexi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;912177 wrote:
An honest advise for the Khatumo folks, the best way to keep their land safe so they can safeguard it and develop it to the fullest is if they come to an agreement with the SL government. They can even win some sort of autonomy with in Somaliland, instead of wasting its resources on creating a federal state under Somalia which is out of their reach , for several reasons, in Somalia the criteria is to have 2 region or more. Khatumo doesn't even control the entire eastern sool. And have a hard time to enforce the law of the land , that of Khatumo in their regions. Puntland trespasses Khatumo territory in eastern Sool. Khatumo rejects this but there is little they can do about it they dont have the means to safeguard their territory. Even if they succeed to evict SL from Laascanood and the vast majority of Sool. They still don't fulfill the criteria to be a federal state under the jurisdiction of Somalia remember 2 regions or more. No friends in the region Puntland to the east claims Khatumo territory and will not stop claiming it and the goverment in Mogadishu cannot give its support it doesn't want to lose PL as an ally. Nor does it wants to jeopardize the upcoming talks with the SL government. Khatumo needs to make a few decisions real fast before its to late don't listen to Xiinfaniin the faroole agents do not really care for Khatumo. And i think they will wisdom kama dhamaan guriga Khatumo ileen rag tallo kama dhamaato bay Somalidu ku mah mahan eh.

Thanks for the advice and here comes mind: Leave Khatumo, Makhir to their own devices, promote peace and respect the wishes of others if you only care getting back the same or rely only on the barrel of gun to achieve your ends in this case expect a similar reaction.

Insofar Somali Federal Structure is concerned; 90 percentile of Sool goes to Khatumo folks, southern Togdheer has become Ain with Buhodle being its capital, most of Sanaag landmass is a home of Makhir and Khatumo thus, Khatumo may need to do some politiking but it has what it takes to be a federal state, your SL is in the same situation, there are no two regions that are exclusive to your clan, Forget about Awdal, southern Togdheer has been annexed to Ain, on the west of Sanaag your clan resides and Waqooyi Galbeed is not an exclusive region therefore, your situation is murkier than mine :). You've not only loose international recognition but you've to draft some convincing argument as Khatumo to be a federal state if at all possible. In the case of Pl, I care less what they say when they are in Garowe as long as they don't kill the innocent, elderly, weak and use rape as a means of subjugation.

PS: I'm arguing like that and I know for a fact or at least foresee the demise of all clan states including mine once they reach their maturity but Khatumo is a transient remedy to your likes who've been infected.

Taleexi its just an advise you should take it and use it , i dont understand khatumo now exist more than a year , you didnt make any progress when you started this project in 2012. One improvement though you have an airport in taleex we can applaud that.Remember taleexi, politics and adopting different policies comes after controlling you're territory and you need an ally in the region its cruicial in you're situation. Back to the regions you need 2 or more regions. Now lets say the sool region consists of 4 districts Taleex laascaanood xudun and caynabo. 3 of them exclusively belongs to the Garaad clan. Thats 75% of sool. South eastern togdheer or known as the Buhoodle district is a shared district north of the buhoodle district is not Garaad clan territory. So we can say roughly the southern buhoodle district , but for the sake of argument lets add Buhoodle to the sool region you still have one region. We still know eastern sanaag is being contested by SL and PL. What will do you from here the ball is in you're court taleex. You need to make some serious decisions regarding you're future. Remember its not SL that wants to come under federal Somalia its you who want that you have to fulfill the criteria not the SL govt. Now you have to come with a better story, if you don't believe in clan states Mr taleexi than why are you wasting you're energy? Maybe taleexi you are not a good political strategist for Khatumo maybe Liibaan can do a better job:D

Taleexi   

Clan States will not work in the long run (the scramble of your ill-conceived SL is attestation of that) that doesn't mean regional states are not possible in Somalia's envisaged federal frame work guided by its operational constitution. Wax baad maanta fahmaysaa, your clan should not worry about Khatumo rather their own problems, war wax fahan, Khatumo and Makhir are must to have for your likes to see the light. What about the two countries talking horta, In sum, Khatumo waa ku deysey, bal ii sheeg waxa SL u qabatay dadkeeda for 20 years only it brainwashed you and filled you up with hate and animosity for the unknown (the rest of Somalis):)

Taleexi if you don't believe in clan federalism and clan states that's a good thing stop creating further clan semi national identities in the republic of Somaliland. Which is unnecessary if you ask me. I think we can share the same values because i am opposed to clan federalism in both Somaliland and Somalia. Taleexi i am not speaking for my clan i told you before i disowned my clan long time ago. I am talking to you and advising you as Xaaji Xunjuf. But this compulsively way of you trying to approach me and the rest of Somaliland and trying to dissociate you're self from the rest of the S/landers will not solve Khatumos problems. Its like you try to reach a destination but you are avoiding the route to you reach it. Somaliland achieved allot in infrastructure in good governance in democracy in state building in institution building the financial private sector. Afcourse there are many objectives not accomplished in Somaliland but the Somalilanders will get there as long as they work hard and are determined to achieve their goals. Somaliland and Somalia are brotherly nations there is no need for hostilities they can cooperate on all fields they are even talking after 21 years so there is hope my friend never give up.

Abdul   

Xaaji Xunjuf;912177 wrote:
An honest advise for the Khatumo folks, the best way to keep their land safe so they can safeguard it and develop it to the fullest is if they come to an agreement with the SL government. They can even win some sort of autonomy with in Somaliland, instead of wasting its resources on creating a federal state under Somalia which is out of their reach , for several reasons, in Somalia the criteria is to have 2 region or more. Khatumo doesn't even control the entire eastern sool. And have a hard time to enforce the law of the land , that of Khatumo in their regions. Puntland trespasses Khatumo territory in eastern Sool. Khatumo rejects this but there is little they can do about it they dont have the means to safeguard their territory. Even if they succeed to evict SL from Laascanood and the vast majority of Sool. They still don't fulfill the criteria to be a federal state under the jurisdiction of Somalia remember 2 regions or more. No friends in the region Puntland to the east claims Khatumo territory and will not stop claiming it and the goverment in Mogadishu cannot give its support it doesn't want to lose PL as an ally. Nor does it wants to jeopardize the upcoming talks with the SL government. Khatumo needs to make a few decisions real fast before its to late don't listen to Xiinfaniin the faroole agents do not really care for Khatumo. And i think they will wisdom kama dhamaan guriga Khatumo ileen rag tallo kama dhamaato bay Somalidu ku mah mahan eh.

An attempt at arm-twisting by a guy who doesnt have arms to begin with.How does one clan give autonomy to another clan??How's that even possible??Your silly dream is coming to an end and you want to take out your frustrations on Khaatumo community.

Interest over clan loyalty folks.As long as SL has economic advantage over their foes they'll be okay. Money rules everything and buys out foes.

Taleexi   

Yes to regional federalism, no to clan federalism, which part of my stand you don't understand. Don't look our differences from further - In my case, I didn't disown my clan but unlike you I don't believe it either that my clan agenda being divine and holly. SL as we know of it habrahaa iska leh and on behalf of Makhir and Khatumo, we want to live in peace with your clan enclave aka SL. If you think SL is my government, keep preaching.

What infrastructure are you talking? about the port and the highway of former government , what good governance; the so called multiparty system = multiclan - habraha i mean, waging war with its neighbors and causing much more mayhem and further destruction is a good governance in the views of your lot. Private sector advanced and I concur this. With that said, Khatumo is not a problem free, but sure it has changed the political landscape of the north for the better, give 5 more years and we can discuss its impact, I'm only asking a quarter of the lifespan of your enclave. Halkaa ha inoo joogto maanta.

Abdul   

AfricaOwn;912308 wrote:
Interest over clan loyalty folks.As long as SL has economic advantage over their foes they'll be okay. Money rules everything and buys out foes.

That didnt work in Buhoodle,did it? The money could be well spent to help the folks in need in hargeysa and Burco.

Abdul;912329 wrote:
That didnt work in Buhoodle,did it? The money could be well spent to help the folks in need in hargeysa and Burco.

Money is very powerful