Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Did your family own a house in Mogadishu? SOL has the documents for you.

The last team of leadership brought stability, development and international attention to the city. Our lovely capital is roaring back to life and its residents are more hopeful than ever. Now is time to reclaim your family's old property.

The link below is a database of pre-civil war property title documents for the city of Mogadishu. It is not a complete list of everyone that ever owned a house in Mogadishu, but a huge number of families will find this document database useful.

http://www.so.undp.org/index.php/Key-law-documents.html

Please let your friends and relatives know.

Abwaan   

This is a very good news for the rightful owners of those properties. It is also a problem for both those occupying somebody else's property and the ones claiming that they lost houses when they did not.:D A friend in Mogadisho told me today that he listened to president Hassan Sh. Mohamud's speech where he stated that he expects every property owned by the government on Jan 26th 1991 returned. I told my friend I hope that the president also included in his speech that he expects the private properties returned too.

I hope that this process goes smoothly. I will definately share this with fellow Maryooleey Insha Allaah.

Yunis   

^^I doubt Pres Hassan is planning to talk about property redistribution in Xamar any time soon. But, it will be a step in the right direction if he started that discussion and will for sure defuse some of the Jubba state hysteria.

Until than, I am afraid this will remain a list, un-used archived database list for a long time to come. Alhamdulillah - Our own fam property (albeit, bruised and battered) is in safe hands.

Jacpher   

Lots of moo.r.yaan don't want to see this happen. For these occupying people's properties, no right of return. :D

Yunis: It is in the right direction but I think that would be a disastrous for the government at the moment. Peace and stability should be the priority. No one is homeless because of these properties lost twenty or so years ago. People need peace and functioning country before we start asking who owns what house. I was reading earlier a report about the president's speech at the parliament today, he spoke about the public properties.

Libaax: These are in Italian or what? I can't understand anything about the few pdf files I've viewed.

This is the issue of the age, the nation won't get far if it's not addressed. I agree with Yunis, this if dealt with will defuse much of the worry some have of clan and distribution of power.

No one on their right mid can deny that a vast number of homes were looted. The fact remains many will be returned, we Somali's know each other very well..:D

Mario B   

General Duke;889142 wrote:
This is the issue of the age, the nation won't get far if it's not addressed. I agree with Yunis, this if dealt with will defuse much of the worry some have of clan and distribution of power.

No one on their right mid can deny that a vast number of homes were looted. The fact remains many will be returned, we Somali's know each other very well..
:D

The resolution of this affair will definately heal the Somali Republic, but I just hope this issue is not used to undermine the new governmen. Let the FG build its capacity [ institutions] and legitimacy first before it can tackle this contentious issue.

Although now many not be the best time to recover property, we'll have to deal with the elephant in the room eventually. It'll be be difficult to encourage foreign investment in the future if you don't enforce property laws.

Somalia   

This is a good asset right here. I want to reclaim but I am afraid of the moryaan culture which evolves around killing people and raping dead corpses. I don't want my corpse violated after they kill me for taking my house back.

Showqi   

Somalia;889176 wrote:
This is a good asset right here. I want to reclaim but I am afraid of the moryaan culture which evolves around killing people and raping dead corpses. I don't want my corpse violated after they kill me for taking my house back.

Nagadhaaf yaakhey,,,,,,,,, adiga iyo cidiina cariish aa ijaar Ku dagneeydeen;)

Aaliyyah   

I second yunis there are no disputes about my family's properties in Mugadishu. But most definitely I will pass this link to anyone that might be interested. Thanks for the post

Somalia;889176 wrote:

:D

Awalba masaakiin baan ahayn that could not afford a house in Mogadishu, marka that list waxba iima tarayso (though aan ku farxay in such record available yahay) unless some of you are willing to share boqolaalka guri ay lahaayeen ama hada afka ku yeesheen :D

Dr_Osman   

My father had 3 properties in mogadishu and a few land plots. All but one is remaining. The rest have been sold and they were in safe hands during the civil war. But the old man did get ripped off on the sale of the house by the dhexdhexadiye guy ama the middle man and apparently he had to be snuck of out the city because one of them was planning to assasinate him. True story. It was recently too like back in 07 when he went back to mogadishu to visit his ailing mother.

The looted property must be returned for any national reconcilation to occur. How can you past mogadishu and know the house that used to be yours is now someone elses through looting and to make matters worse that same clan freely has properties in your region and noone touches it. Waxaas cadaalad ma aha and I think everyone knows the house thing and returning of properties is a must in the reconciliation process maybe not yet as there are other key priorities but it will need to be faced sooner or later.

Once that has occurred a big step has been achieved in reconciling clans and justice in this nation. The govt will be seen as a CREDIBLE govt