Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Khaatumoy , Khaatumoy, Don't Quit Just Yet

With all the political parties , militias and rebels, even Islamic movements that sprung from Somalia in the last twenty years, Khaatumo was my favorite. Of course they as a people had a cause worth fighting , and their land had a history I admire. But they also had a style; the poetry, the dance, the Saado Cali songs, and good looking Garaads, and famous politicians. They had Ali Khalif with his confrontational trademark style, always on the air , in Youtube clips, professorial and dismissive about all things Puntland. They had a young Garaad with an aura of pride that scoffs the much guarded history of Puntland's Qardho Kings. They had armies of youth who sometimes defend, at times wining , some times losing, but never go on the offensive where it matters the most, at the Laascaanod hills. They raised money, organized diaspora, and put together well oiled political machine in all over Europe and Northern America.

In fadhikudirir sessions which I some times attend , Khaatumo discussions always had a special appeal for me. I never disappointed to passionately show my support against the wishes of Puntland folks. But something is amiss. Since Siilaanyo's skillful purchase of Buuhoodle's one-time rebel leader, Mr. Xaglatoosiye, and the Dr. Galayr's political set back in the hands of Prof. Jawaari, Khaatumo has not been Khaatumo. The undying passion is no longer present. No parties , no songs, and new clips. Those who used to congregate on Khaatumo fadhi-ku-diriris, are today active participants of Kismayo fadhi-ku-dirir sessions. In Somaliaonline Forum , Aliya has gone quite , and Liban's educating threads are no longer posted.

So I worry.

I want Khaatumo not to quit: the cause is big , and the plight is real. Regroup if you must, change strategy if need be, but you shall never quit. And speaking of changing strategies , when you are confronted with Siilaanyo's focus to maintain the status qou, and Faroole's well entrenched defense (in political terms) to hang on what ever is left of Khaatumo constituency, don't quote poetry to the swordsmen, show your sword, and even play it to them.

Liban and Aliya please comeback to SOL, this place is boring without you two...

Jacpher   

It has to be said that Khaatumo lacks the leadership it needs to make advancement politically. Ironically the Khatumo folks play significant role in other leaderships both historically and recently than they do in their own leadership.

Aaliyyah   

Mr. Xiinfaniin save your sarcasm about Khaatumo. I am well aware that you were opposing Khaatumo. Ma waxbaa is badalay mise muran baad iska rabtaa?...

Mario B   

I love the dignified silence of KS, I hope they keep the good work of reconstituting the Somali Republic. They should leave the bacaac to other Clan States. :)

The pot calling the kettle black, yaa Xiin? Pirate boys too have their share of set backs, starting with the Oil find which never came... and the double whammy in Mogadishu which has Gen. Duke still struggling to recovering from.

As for Khaatumo-seeg, it is that time of the year again - time to do some organising for a new event, time to come up with a new name and time to re-declare what has been declared multiple times over the past decade.

Suldanka. Lol If clan matters as you say. Fowziyo my late Abti's widow will be FM/Deputy PM. My close kinsmen Minister of Finance & a good friend of mine from Minneapolis another Minister. Out of 9, 3 is not bad.:D

I am quite for the fact & laughing cause it's all very ammusing. Also our own, US election upon us. Have the secessionist gained independence since getting Xaglatosiye in their payroll?

Also Khartumo should stay..

N.O.R.F   

Suldaanka;885347 wrote:
The pot calling the kettle black, yaa Xiin? Pirate boys too have their share of set backs, starting with the Oil find which never came... and the double whammy in Mogadishu which has Gen. Duke still struggling to recovering from.

As for Khaatumo-seeg, it is that time of the year again - time to do some organising for a new event, time to come up with a new name and time to re-declare what has been declared multiple times over the past decade.

:D

The only reason why Somaliland not getting any recognition is Khatumo......they are the backbone of Somali.

They have history, they fought the colonials while Somaliland folks dancing for them. So I say jira oo joogaa ilaahay ha ina badbaadiyo!