Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Puntland President Attends Military Graduation Class 2012 At Base 54. PICS VIDEO

Tallaabo   

Xaaju Xunjuf you are being hypocritical here. You would never entertain the idea of Somaliland joining the mess of Sounthern Somalia and Mogadisho, so why do you want the people of Puntland to invest their precious and scarce time, energy, and resources in what is still a very volatile and corrupt region? Are you not aware of the saying of our beloved prophet (scw) that you should love for your brother what you love for yourself? If the peace and prosperity you wish for Somaliland is dependent on it being away from the meyham of Mogadisho, then you should also be advising the Puntlanders to be causious in their dealing with Mogadisho. I think Faroole is a very wise and capable politician and knows that the long term interest of Somalia is dependent on the regions taking responsibility for their own development.

Tallaabo all i said was Puntland should actively be involved in nation building in Somalia they introduced federalism they helped with the constitution what is wrong with that Puntland is having security problems true but as long as Somalia is unstable with no strong security forces Puntland will still have to be double as alert. Because anything can happen but if they contribute to the peace and stability in Somalia if they help fight against Alshabaab they can make a change if they help establish security forces for the whole country. Tallaabo ur question about Somaliland,, Somaliland doesn't want to be associated with Somalia they dont consider themselves as Somalis at least thats the message coming from Hargeysa there is no point of wasting my time with them. Puntland on the other hand stands for union it stands for helping Somalia its stands for creating a better Somalia but the problem is Dr Osman wants to ignore Somalia and just concentrate on Bosaaaso garowe galkacyo bargaal qardho xafun and bendar bayla he wants to ignore the rest of the country and i think thats a good idea. Somalia today needs Puntland the most and Puntland needs Somalia the most its a win win for both of them if they work together.

Atirisho   

This Xaaji character is dreaming. Does anybody else see right through him or is it just me?

Why should Puntland contribute military forces to Southern Somalia when Puntland his facing an imminent and ever looming threat? Puntland is fighting piracy, terrorism and domestic threat. Running to Mogadishu and the South and fighting wars that is not theirs is not really wise. Thousands of AMISOM troops and other peacekeeping forces are already stationed in the southern, more troops are not really needed.

When Abdullahi Yusuf (AUN) was the president of the Transtional Federal Government, Puntland contributed more than 3,500 well-trained and well equiped soldeirs to TFG, some perished and never to returned to their glorious state and see their families again. Puntland's security was weakened, which gave Somaliland an opening to attack and take advantage of the opportunity that presented itself. Somaliland are apportunist! (nothing new here) and I doubt they are not keeping an eye on Puntland nowdays since Puntland is working overtime to strengthen its security sector. You being a Somalilander, want exactly what happened in 2007 to repeat itself. So cut the act and come out and say what you intent to say.

Last time I checked, Somaliland was still part of Somalia. How about they too contribute and help their countrymen?

Atirisho Puntland is fine for now but if you want to create a better Puntland and a better Somalia u need to solve the problems in Somalia now i am not asking Puntland to do all the work ofcourse not but they should contribute their part. Do you think Amisom forces can do everything no they cant Amisom can chase Alshabaab from major urban cities but who is going to fill the vacuum you need Somali troops. And Puntland has the most capable armed forces in Somalia so why not contribute. Puntland security must be upheld and we must continue to support the peace and stability in Puntland at the same time we cannot neglect what is happening south of Puntland. You are thinking about you're short term objectives Puntland needs to think about where somalia will be in the next 20 years.

Baashi   

Looking good.

Visuals are all good and fine. Hope this force have the capacity and the will power to keep the peace in their domain. At the end of the day the metric we should be using to judge their efficiency is the crime rate in this zone of Somalia that once existed. If the crime rate is under control then by all means brag about it but if the opposite is true awoowe xaalku ma wacna.

No, Baashe, the metric is how fast they can remove the SNM gangs, Soomaalidiids and the turncoats out of SSC regions….Cabdullaahi Yusuf (AUN) had done it

Taleexi   

Gaadhhaye: Khaatumo folks need to sort out their differences if liberty is what they are after - No force from Garowe or Mogadishu will set them free "Ever" I may add.

The Sage   

Tallaabo;882918 wrote:
Xaaju Xunjuf you are being hypocritical here. You would never entertain the idea of Somaliland joining the mess of Sounthern Somalia and Mogadisho, so why do you want the people of Puntland to invest their precious and scarce time, energy, and resources in what is still a very volatile and corrupt region?

No one suggested Somaliland commit troops to stabilizing Somalia because unlike Puntland, Somaliland considers itself an independent nation and carries itself in the manner as one.

Puntland on the other hand, maintains that it is part and parcel of Somalia and yet it's not willing to commit it's resources to stabilizing it's own country. I mean what's the point of fielding an army if it doesn't use it to liberate it's own country? It can't play a double game where it says it's committed to supporting the central government and yet distance itself enough so it can be considered a separate entity. Besides I've never heard of Texas or California having it's own armed forces separate from the federal government of the United States. Why doesn't it merge it's forces with the central government?

Xaaji Xunjuf;883071 wrote:
Atirisho Puntland is fine for now but if you want to create a better Puntland and a better Somalia u need to solve the problems in Somalia now i am not asking Puntland to do all the work ofcourse not but they should contribute their part. Do you think Amisom forces can do everything no they cant Amisom can chase Alshabaab from major urban cities but who is going to fill the vacuum you need Somali troops. And Puntland has the most capable armed forces in Somalia so why not contribute. Puntland security must be upheld and we must continue to support the peace and stability in Puntland at the same time we cannot neglect what is happening south of Puntland. You are thinking about you're short term objectives Puntland needs to think about where somalia will be in the next 20 years.

Saaxib, if Uganda, Burundi, and Kenya contribute troops to AMISOM, would you support the "independent" nation of Somaliland to also contribute troops to AMISOM's mission? I know Somaliland isn't a fully independent nation, but if they were to contribute troops to liberating Somalia, it would definitely be welcomed by the UN. Somaliland's military is very capable, and we need their help to liberate Southern Somalia

What do you say?