Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

today is an important occasion not least because its world hijab day but because its the first of month, i have to take pictures of the progressive development of Alpha's garden. i'll post the pics later but i've been trying to ensure it looks presentable first. ;D

in continuing my somaliland rants, another important pointer about ''fakeness'' is to never preach more than you can deliver. LOOOOOOL. what is often seen and heard from.....probably has NO value. LOOOOOOOL. an empty vessel makes a loud noise. LOOOOOOOOL

my musings tonight are about the so called ''ilbaax'' people of this land and their pathetic ways.

1. this local guy by the name of Libaax LOL,whose a friend of a friends, recently insisted upon inviting a couple of us to go to his house for a session. i wasn't particularly fussed about going nor did i express excitement at the prospect of going. unbeknownst to me, this calculating casuumad was an attempt to showcase his impressive array of talents LOL and more importantly possessions. 10mins in and after the usual pleasantries were exchanged....came out the Diesel bottle. it was a little odd seeing it at first but we spared a few biffs of it, here and there. after the bottle made its way back to him, he consciously uttered in the most excellent ways that this expensive bottle of fragrance was a gift from aboard and in saying that conversely further denigrated somaliland. couple of hours later and at least 15 to 19 further examples of how well he's doing and how influential he is....... i got bored of playing second fiddle and sarcastically remarked ''Libaax, couldn't you find these goods here in SL? there's the potential for a high-end boutique for those with ostensibly ridiculous amounts of money......'' . he responded by saying - ...speaking of that, i've just leased two large business premises to my friend from the US and we're looking to source these goods with a visit to China LOL. i then asked if he was also going to china, bearing in mind that i deduced from his word that he was going too.....LOOOOOOOL. he gave me the coldest stare ever and quickly said my american friend will do the trips to china :D

i'm not usually like that but i couldn't bare it ruunti. i was suffocating in his toxic nonsense. this guy has deep seated insecurities.

2. another guy from holland who epitomises the xagayaga ??? lot, a term coined by my friend, was telling a group of us about his recent 'business trip to nairobi''. y'all should have seen this guy. he made going to Nairobi like it was the greatest thing outside of Somaliland. he didn't speak like someone who'd gone there for ''business interests'' but perhaps for a no-thrills-all-inclusive-expense-already-paid holiday. i don't know about his ''business interests'' but i know he's broke LOL. suddenly and out of the blue he produced a couple of different 'foreign' cigarette packs and then mockingly said to my friend - i would've got you some malboro reds if you had told me before i left. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. somaliland is teething to the hilt with these xagayaga ??? types. any opportunity to display these 'ilbaax' world traveler traits is an opportunity fully exercised. my friend was explained the meaning behind these traits once and said ''somaliland is full of those who all too often make references to where they are from and where they've traveled to so they often draw direct comparisons with somaliland. eg. in england we had roads, in england things were done differently, in england most people queued at the banks....thus, in short somaliland doesn't possess these traits........ while all these traits are very important, i feel these reference are often engendered and performed for 'power-dynamic' reasons.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

the somaliland elite and in particular the diaspora community is a mix-bag of people with varying personalities, attitudes and consist of different abilities and experiences. this is seldom discussed and i feel all the resentment directed at the qurbo-joog community is largely justified. its usually the individuals with nothing to contribute to somaliland, who too often glamorous their ''westernness'', if such a term exists. in somaliland, the qurbo-joog people have the opportunity to remold their person, their characteristics, exaggerate their skills, and invent and assume a new identities without limits. certainly, there should always be question marks over their relative successes and large-than-life stories. if you pry into their previous life then they are very quick to change the subject. i don't like it when a job-seekers allowance claiming degenerate assumes the new life of a madax sare big-shot. their attempts to lull the locals into believing their lies involves displaying a wide range of characteristics and but is not limited to their: dress sense, language power dynamics in using 3 words of ''accented'' english in every sentence in somali, conduct and general 'ilbaax' mannerism, they are also usually quite conspicuous basking in the glory of their 'foreign passports'. in using these traits at every given opportunity, they inadvertently or perhaps deliberately further demean and insult somaliland. i say let them carry on with their delusional ilbaaxnimo! we are not interested in their big 'mashruucs' and civilising mission pathetic undertones.

Al.

LOOL@Apo,

absolutely! but only if buying an expensive car upon arriving that will then pay for your return ticket back to the west....is the success we're inundated with...LOOOOL!

Hi Qansax,

i guess you've been busy but as per our agreement you haven't posted on this thread recently.

is everything okay?

your absence has been noticed and your presence sorely missed?

QansaxMeygaag;914870 wrote:
Alpha this is common throughout Africa, the attraction to things foreign, the name dropping, etc I don't think it is peculiar to SL only.

can you give example of where you've seen this?

Al.

‎"thank you for making me stronger while trying to make me weak.."

quote from Maxwell's facebook page. deep!

''nobody knows what i go through, if you could put your self inside ma shoes, you got friends that not friends no more, they cant understand the life that i chose, and with the money and fam, it can hurt everything that you love, i got people that depend on me, and i cant give up, dont know what im gonna do..'' - my friend's status update!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Coofle   

Waaryaa alpha... my invitation is still pending.... A khat session...anigaa bixinaya marduuf daba-masbuur ah iyo kookaha.

Coofle;914894 wrote:
Waaryaa alpha... my invitation is still pending.... A khat session...anigaa bixinaya marduuf daba-masbuur ah iyo kookaha.

Coofle,

thanks for the invite marka hore. ta labaad sxb, i rarely chew these days but i'll make an exception for you. a thursday is usually ideal. let me know. don't be ridiculous, it's on me. i'll buy the jibiska and fanta. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Alpha Blondy;914883 wrote:
Hi Qansax,

i guess you've been busy but as per our agreement you haven't posted on this thread recently.

is everything okay?

your absence has been noticed and your presence sorely missed?

can you give example of where you've seen this?

Al.

Yes bro, everything is OK. Spent most of my time keeping my head down and avoiding the Cheshire Cat. Am keeping him guessing...

I think as per our agreement, I have only been missing in action for not more than 2 days, no?

In Francophone West Africa, where I have done a few rounds, anything French is wahwah - and local things looked down upon. Same in East Africa, Kenyans are notorious for having a penchant for imported things, including fake English accents even when they do a strop-over of 8 hrs in Heathrow. I think Haatu will bear me out regarding the latter observation. In my short stays in Senegal, Cameroun, Morocco etc, there was a distinct link between the definition of goodness and Metropolitan France/Paris and a clear association between badness/poor quality and things bought at home...