Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Apophis;913557 wrote:
LOOL
:D

Give me a break, weird Haatu. Outshining kulahaa. Where are we, primary school?

Right on; we are not competing for Galgaduud's next top model are we mate?

Alpha Blondy;913502 wrote:
line-managers/bosses/department heads are the scum of the earth. as one leaves, another comes quickly to replace the previous one, and you're still there. patience...? nah man. i'm going to become a self-made man. this BS.

He finally came out with it today; asked me to do a presentation a few hours before a big meeting and of course he hadn't told me about it before. Not sure if it was a test, but whatever the case I did such a smashing job (drum rolls please) he was pleasantly surprised and says now we have to start talking really seriously about my new JD and new responsibilities...

Wonder what the Cheshire cat has in store for me tomorrow...

Alpha Blondy;913552 wrote:
ok. i apologies for calling you ''young'', okay?

i'm on a ''benevolent mission'' and even that's stretching it far, in all honesty. wadani, i think you've been away from the homeland for a long time. the situation on the ground is not as perceived by those with lofty diaspora aspirations of perhaps returning one day. i made a conscious decision to return home. i was ''broken'' and returned with the view of cleansing my ''hybrid-somali-from-a-distince westerner identity'' of any lingering vestiges of ''western values'' and more importantly of any continuing influences of western cultural norms. my aim to create a singular and indeed complete personal identity. i was deluded and felt British dee. in hindsight, it was also my protected upbringing that misled me about the harsh realities of life. i believed in this potent mantra of democracy, multiculturalism and human rights before denouncing the WEST forever. for the next year or so, i begun a process of self-evaluation, of change, of finding purpose and belonging. i did that by coming here.

my coming to somaliland trip was very much low-key, you see. i was a popular and rather active in diaspora-based pro-Somaliland events/lecture circuits but soon realise the 'group' i was cahooting with, were pathetic, khat-addled-Somalilanders-from-a-distance and in name ony. they spent their entire time on exchanging and repackaging the latest somaliland news and information, occasionally adding their own version of events to the latest developments. these men thought themselves the pioneers and protectors of 'Somaliland' in the diaspora. the misinformation and hyperbole were an attempt to manipulate the masses of patriotic Somalilanders in the qurbo-ha with the view of creating an unshakeable sense of nationhood and somalilandnimo. they'd often re-tell their dramatic stories of conquest and liberation and i was in that world. i was attentive and foolishly followed these lies in the hope that it would firmly solidify my shaky belief and weak sense of being. I was a dedicated follower in these cult circles and was hailed as the next big thing – a new form of somalilander from the qurbaha but with the lingo and ideology of cult leaders. but still, i yearned for more than mere stories and tales of biblical proportions. i came here and saw my land and realised the evil rubble-rousers and instigators, were so detached from reality and lived in a bubble, a bubble of illusory dreams and nightmare induced fallacies.

for the last three years, i've been working on grass roots, organic development, development dictated by us and not them conscious efforts to rebuild the broken social fabric of this land. the people of this land don't need the usual delusional nonsense peddled by fake politicians like 'international recognition'' and other such fallacies. i feel, they need to understand the importance of sacred social values of 'trust', confidence in their own being', deference, trust in social institutions and authority. from the very outset, i felt, through the various research and papers, i wrote on these matters that crucial societal rehabilitation efforts were being ignored and considered something peripheral that the somali customs, norms and values can wholly solve. I realised that through a grass-roots, bottoms-up and an organically Somali approach, I was more than capable of developing new methods, ideas and thinking that may signal a way forward. and i feel i've achieved those aims in their entirety by blogging on SOL and 'exoticisting' my mad exploits for all to see, in the hope they may confer me with accolades, sharaf points and ever lasting success. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

two years helping

Dude this is a brilliant coming of age story; seriously. Am luvvin' it; keep writing, tell us more...am thirsty...

Apophis;913570 wrote:
I thought the last utilitarian died in 1956? Most people just make another username after they're banned. It's too complex. Perhaps Alha can shed a light on the matter.

On Utilitarianism: well am still alive :cool:

Give me tips on not getting banned; don't want to get me fingers burnt now do I...you sign up for stuff but who reads the fine print?

Do blah blah don't yada yada...that's how my mind blanks out "terms and conditions apply", the most abused English phrase ever.

Alpha Blondy;913566 wrote:
thanks.

my writing is a little error prone sometimes. but hey this is a somali forum and there are no grammar nazi's around. y'all should see some of the mainstreams forum. its madness.

Who gives a toss about grammar and typos; keep writing bro, editors are a dozen a penny...

Haatu   

Wow. What a lot of posts in one go Qansax.

What do you work as?

PS: you had to remind me of xaax didn't you :D

Haatu;913791 wrote:
Wow. What a lot of posts in one go Qansax.

What do you work as?

PS: you had to remind me of xaax didn't you

I like responding to questions clearly and concisely!

Sorry about the xaax; it was too good to let go.

What do I work as? Jack of all trades, master of none...

QansaxMeygaag;913757 wrote:
He finally came out with it today; asked me to do a presentation a few hours before a big meeting and of course he hadn't told me about it before. Not sure if it was a test, but whatever the case I did such a smashing job (drum rolls please) he was pleasantly surprised and says now we have to start talking really seriously about my new JD and new responsibilities...

Wonder what the Cheshire cat has in store for me tomorrow...

sounds excellent. at this fragile early stage of your work relationship try not to impress too much. leave some of the talents and skills for another day. also don't be too eager to impress with mere words but impress with practical examples. drop subtle hints of your competences here and there. when going through your responsibilities and JD, try your utmost to be realistic. don't burden yourself with ambitious targets and what have yous. work ethic, punctuality, contributions, social events and tedious office politics are crucial. use selective honesty but always remain elusive and desired. i'll be going through my new JD and objectives fairly soon and i would appreciate any advise you can provide. keep me updated bro. thanks. al.

so i was going through my facebook to see the latest activities, when i came across a tagged photo of one of my friends. it was interesting. its was loud. it was like a BIG BANG in your face. it said a lot.

QansaxMeygaag;913763 wrote:
Dude this is a brilliant coming of age story; seriously. Am luvvin' it; keep writing, tell us more...am thirsty...

thanks. i will reveal more insights into my A-list celebrity life. the sky's the limit and i wanna catch all stars. LOL!