Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Euro 2008 - Official calaacal

Oz   

^^^ Which team are you going for LSK, am sure France will get there if they played against Ecuador on friendlies, Germany will get there depending on what team they face.

Norf you cannot take it back you said Portugal was your favourate team and thats how it should stay.

Check out

C'mon le_blue.

NGONGE   

Croatia to win it is my hunch but I don't usually make any predictions until I've watched the first round of games.

Still, Germany is really not that good. France is in a period of transition and I just don't feel they can win it. Holland and Spain are like England; always let their fans down. Romania, Poland, Austria, Switzerland and Turkey are mere cannon fodder.

Sweden asked old Henrik Larsson to come back! Tells you how good they are. As for the Greeks, they're probably not as good as they were in 2004 but they still have the same manager and I would put some money on him making them tough to beat again. They still wont go far, I don't think. The Czech missed their chance a few years back when they were in their prime. They'll give it a good go but lose steam by the quarters.

The Portuguese are a great team but they never seem to have any strikers (I don't expect this to change). Of course, the Manchester United fans will point to Mr 42 goals and try to argue that he'll win it for them but I'll only say if they could not win it at home, I can't see them winning it abroad.

This leaves us with the mighty Azzurri, the underrated Russians and the sneaky Croatians. The Italians could never be underestimated and since none of the other big nations have set any great marker in their qualifying or caught the eye in the recent past, I have a sneaky feeling that the Italians will at least make it to the semis (if they get to the final, they will win it). The Russians and Croatians both denied a good England side the chance of making it to this final. Neither can be discounted but more so the Croats. So they're my choice for eventual winners of this competition. :D

Disclaimer:

The views expressed therein are only valid at the time of posting and the author reserves the right to amend, change or reinforce them as events unfold.

N.O.R.F   

Disclaimer:

The views expressed therein are only valid at the time of posting and the author reserves the right to amend, change or reinforce them as events unfold.

:D:D

Sorry sir, there is no come back now.

Fabregas   

Crotia look good, although I don't think they have the strength in depth. I like this Modric kid and he could be one of the emerging stars........

Abtigiis   

Brofosoree

War meesha Croatia, iyo Portugal iyo Spain waa entertaining teams. Not result-oriented. For no apprent reason, I still think Romania will be the surprise team, and Portugal will go out in the first round. Spain will disappoint again.

I don't know who will play who after group stages, so I can't predict the semi-final and final. I don't think there will be any Cinderella Story in this final. The final will feature one of the heavyweights. I'm rooting for the Azzuri and the perennial under-achievers - the Spaniards.

nuune   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^Eduardo is injured.

Spain could actually do it.

North, since aad ka noqotey Purtuqiiska, now we form the Spaniard crew smile.gif

Spain would be the strongest of all, they are now working on their defensive problems :D

Waxaan la yaabanahay Abtigiis's team, the Romania :D ma yasayo kooxda Romania, I know they are strong team, laakiin Abtigeen wey ka dhicistey, second round xataa iman maayaan nimankan tinta gaduudan ood moodo iney bacaad caana ku lisayeen

N.O.R.F   

^^ :D

i don't know where Abtigiis gets Romania from as they won't win one game! He has the chance to withdraw his earlier statement before the big kick-off though. Will he take the opportunity I wonder?

Nuune, I saw the Spanish squad with players like Xavi, Fabregas, Senna, Villa and Torres and though to myself WOW what a team but will stik with Portugal for now :cool:

I reckon Poland will do well this tournament, their qualification record was very good, but I think many people are forgetting the Germans. They maintained the same squad and rhythm from the last world cup and if it comes down to penalties, as many euros are known for, the're a good bet.

So Im going against the team I'll be supporting, Holland, and plump for their rivals,Germany. Follow my head instead of heart so to speak.

Norf, Babel got injured in training and will miss the tournament and he'll probably be out for a while and miss pre-season with your team. But hopefully Van Persie can make an effect in the tournament, about time he stepped up and fulfilled his potential.

Abtigiis   

Romania topped its group three points more than the Dutch. Most of the players are from Steau Bucherst who did very well in europe this season. Technically, Romanian's are very good artists and play cohesively as a team. While it is true they are drawn in the group of death, I think they will do very well to qualify. Italy is not so great (they are lucky as usual), Holland is good but hasn't managed to beat Romania at home and were beaten in Bucherst. Like the Greek's, I see the dark horses of the tournament in Romania. But again, I understand they don't have the pedigree to warrant an attention, and I see people are surprised with my predictions.

Anyway, Nuune, adigu sug uun horta. I know you will be impressed by their performance.

Fabregas   

lol@Abtigis! I think Somali Galbeed waxay ku ficanyihin Politics, Jihadka and Somali Dhaqan(poetry and the like). :D Evidently, you have a talent for poetry and the politics of Soomaaliweyn :D .Lakin, your football predictions waxba ka yara khaldan: Romania have only ever won 1 game in the Euros! Your asking them to win Five games at least! Don't think they'll get past the first stage, let alone win 2 games! But a bradikshin is a prediction! We'll see>>>>>>>>>

Abtigiis   

Brofessor

While my affection to Romania which goes back to the days of Hagi, Lupescu, Rotario, Demetriscu and Popescu is a factor in highlighting Romania's chances, I still believe the likes of Chivu and Adrian Mutu will do something this year. I think if there is an area where I am not suspect at analysing, it is the game of football. Did I tell you I was the top striker and goal scorer for my college.

And I believe I am good in analysing the technic and tactic side of football. Predictions are just predictions, of course. You know what happened in Euro 2004. But I also learned that having a group of top players is not always the key to success. That is the mistake people make. I am not saying Romania will won, Brofosorre; but they will upset the first round expectations by beating either France, Holland or Italy to the second place.

Saaxiibkay baad tahayoo ku oran kari maayo, "Shalaad barataye waa la shubi jiray!" :D

N.O.R.F   

Ahh. Haji, Pupescu, Radajou, Petrescu what a team back in 1994!

Abtigiis could be onto something here. Time will tell.