Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Euro 2008 - Official calaacal

Abtigiis   

Portugal's play is predictable. The defence is suspect. If other teams stop Ronaldo and Simao, they are out of rhtym. It is easy to score against them.

But I have to say they brought new dynamic guys this time. Bosvinga(??) in the right back and Jao (No.10) look promising.

Still too much touch on the ball.

N.O.R.F   

That Kasim Kasim guy was so frustrating. He has pace, power and skill but did not want to use any of that when he had the ball at his feet again Ferrera of all people. He stops and checks back when he should just gone at him. He didn’t bother getting forward on the few time when they were countering. The guy just jogs along. Turkey are out.

Portugal looked good. We will see how they cope against better opposition.

Today its Ze German vs Polka (I know who half of London will be supporting in that encounter) and I forgot the other game. Aha, Austria vs Croatia??

Ps The Sun is issuing a Polish version this month LoL

The first game was very disappointing but alas expected as it was a classic European Championship opener.

I only got a small glance, the first half an hour to be exact but I couldn't manage to look on.

But I knew it, that's why I awaited the Portugal and Turkey game as I predicted it to be much better and attractive for the eye to watch, because of the tension factor.

I was very much impressed with Portugals technical ability and their offensive game, although they showed a lack of execution and fire-power in the last third of the field, but nevertheless they should have shown more discipline in the defense area. Pepe's disallowed goal was a proper goal but difficult to judge for the linesman.

Anyhow he got justice by scoring the first goal for Portugal. They were very attractive technically-wise and Turkey couldn't give them the water especially after they scored and from there on, the winner was never in doubt. Only how many goals they would score was in doubt, and when the second one would come or fall and indeed it came, although late. The portugese lead was never in question nor in danger as the turks were toothless and too harmless going forward.

The turks played or tried to play confidently but they could judge themselves that they were not on par, with Portugals technical ability and advantage as they have as I believe the greatest talent and field of players anywhere in the midfield of any team of this Championship.

Just look at Ronaldo, Mutinho, Nani and co. This field of talent is just not to be overlooked. I believe, this team could indeed develop more if they only would concentrate a bit more and not take it so easy.

Croatia to win 2:1 or by more goals today against the hosts Austria. Germany to win convincincly against rivals Poland.

Mondays group of death should be also very interesting.

Initially so brother, but in hindsight that goal was a proper goal, although difficult to judge.

We can't blame the linesman and I guess he had to disallow it, but looking at video-evidence, Pepe was onside at the point of delivery although there were two portugese players who were passively offside at that moment, but Pepe's goal was definately onside. But for the linesman difficult to judge ofcourse.

I thought that it was a great discision at first, but that has been disapproved as TV-evidence showed that Pepe's goal was on-side.

Abtigiis   

I take the risk again: POLAND to draw with Germany or beat them. They were on top of the group that contained Portugal. I have a bit of sympathy for the underdogs always. That might affect my Judgement sometimes. But i certainly rule our Portugal after what I saw last night. The midfield is world class but xagga hore iyo xagga danbe is zero.

This team reminds one of the 1982 BRAZIL. Remember the talent and where they ended up!

N.O.R.F   

^^Germany will win.

looking at video-evidence, Pepe was onside at the point of delivery

He was offside by at least a couple of yards but came back in making him look on side when the ball arrived.

Oz   

Portugal right now is even greater than in Figo's time and they'll become even greater in the future. I bet you will have a great cup. The only thing that could sink this team in the 1st round is the rockstar personalities of some players. I also think Quaresma should have played instead of Nani.

Turkey played well at certain moments of the match, particularly their midfield, but I think the biggest problem was the inability to create significant scoring chances like Portugal did and not being able to control time of possession

Pepe’s disallowed goal was an offside the lines man spotted that one which was a good decision. Pepe again went through turks defensive playing a neat one-two with captain Nuno Gomes and scored the match winner I liked it.

Jose Bosingwa has once again proved me that his a quality player on the left full back. Todays match is obvious Germany and Croatia should progress but I would love to see the underdogs upsetting the big teams.

P s: Did not watch the first game

When is france playing? and you guys are ruing the games for us because you've watched them before we do. I will try not check on this thread before the games i want see..good idea, huh!

Go France

Oz   

^^ We have couple Nomads rooting for French team get another team sxb. :D

They are playing this Monday 1700 UK against Romania.

Here is the full timetable and fixtures.

^ The games are aired Live, and in HD format.

The days north america got re-runs of the games are over.

It seems that football is the new hockey here in canada.

N.O.R.F   

^^Glad you're calling it football and not the dreadful 'soccer'.

Tis the beautiful game (so is Basketball by the way).

Pepe's goal was onside as clearly video evidence showed it. What do you the english know about football anyways? :D

We were all at praise for the linesman for his initial decision but if you look close he's onside at the point of delivery. Yes two of his collegues were passively offside but he was on.

Anyways what's going on with the Croatia vs. Austria game. Austria is pressing for the all equaliser and they really go for it but nothing is happening so far for them. The croats seem to be only defending.