Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Euro 2008 - Official calaacal

Thierry.   

Croatia is out of my list of favourites, lets see how the Germans do.

Ps: I have seen Mario Gomez of Germany on youtube the guy looks solid.

Abtigiis   

^^Don't do that. It was always tough beating anyone at home. Germany looks like they have all in place for the cup. They are solid in all departments, but Lehmann (the golie) is suspect.

Northern

It is easy to follow the bookies favourites and say who will win. For instance, France is the favourite today against Romaina, and there is no one to choose between Netherlands and Italy. Italy are always low starters, and that might give the Ducth the edge.

But I want you to comment on Tactics,and Techniques of the teams. That is where one's level of expertise is really detected.

I go for Romania to upset the French. Romania is a tough team. I know France has higher pedigree. All my previous predictions were from my heart not head. But this one, I really think is coming.

^lol@romania beating france. 664359_w2.jpg You sure you want to pick romania, after all you did say turkey would come out victorious against the portugese and my hottie.

Fabregas   

Unlce and family, ninow how many other upsets are you gonna keep predicting :D

Germany looke good in all departements........but their left back and two center backs lack pace.......the gurera lad that come on troubled them........ Ronaldo and co would love to play against the german left back!

Abtigiis   

Yes. I said those were my wish. This one is my head. They will points from France. I bet. And by the way, if France is to excel in this tournament, Henry and Viera will not be the ones who will do it. Those are old and useless. It will Sabri, and Karim Benzima and the youngsters. I don' t know why you players in their Twilight.

lol@uncle and family. Geelka, you are very funny.

Tolka, you are changing your tune from "they will win against france" to they will "get points".

Meel laguu raaco ma qabtid.

N.O.R.F   

Abtigiis,

There was not much thought needed to make a prediction last night. Germany are simply the better team. I knew nothing about the tactics of both teams. Germany has more players playing the Champions League and that my friend is how simple the prediction was.

As for France vs Romania, France will win this one very comfortably. I would go as far saying they will score 3 goals. Again, as is usual with international football, I don’t know what the tactics will be but considering the prestigious leagues the French players play in, their experience and their pace all over the park, I would be surprised if Romania even go a sniff of a goal tonight.

Holland vs Italy is a tough one to call. The Dutch team is a little more experienced than a few years ago but the Italians will never lie down. Again, I have no idea what their respective tactics will be because I have not seen them play for 2 years since the world cup but I can guess how things will pan out. Italy will try to contain the Dutch and the Dutch will use a lot of wing play. I will go out on a limb and say the Dutch to sneak it.

Oz   

It was nice to see Lukas Podolski's feelings towards Poland, he said in a interview after the game that it was emotional, he has relatives in Poland etc. and also added "I have two hearts, one polish and one German"

Second goal was a stunner.

Funny how a Polish kid scores the only goals for Germany. Nonetheless Germany played excellent football today. Ballack needs to get involved more often, he was sloppy.

Respect Podolski

PS: when was the last time Romania played a tournament? it must've been a while but they look interesting this year.

PSS: In all seriousness, this is the group of death you REALLY don't wanna miss. Looking forward to it woohoo!

Les-bleus 2 - 1 Romania.

Dutch and the azurri hard to predict.

me   

So far no real suprises.

Caawa ayaan talyaanigii garaacaynaa!

MZanzi   

The dreaded “Group of Death”, I feel pretty sorry for Romania. Nobody will give them a cat in hell’s chance to proceed - and that includes me. It’s a lottery between the other three, and although I would probably prefer the Dutch to go through, I think France and Italy will qualify.

PS: Every tournament someone says it will be Spain’s year. Will Euro 2008 be it? I don’t know, but I’d be amazed if they failed to go through. Probably to be joined by Russia.

NGONGE   

A & T has been wrong in every prediction he made so far. If you want to predict the correct result of any game in this tournament, it seems all you have to do is contradict A&T. :D

But I'm going to go out on a limp on this one and say that Romania will get something out of their game with France. The French are notorious slow starters and they have a coach that is completely, totally and utterly eccentric (he confessed to choosing his team according to their Star Signs!). :D

ps

Romania will play 2-7-1 formation with Muto alone upfront. This will change to 8-1-1 when defending.p :D

Edit:

I'm still sticking with Croatia.