Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

What's Your Favourite City In Somalia Outside Of Your Clan Area

I'd have to say my favorite city is Beledweyne. I visited that city as a young boy and I was extremely impressed....with the architecture and also the beautiful cool climate and a major river which runs across the city. The climate is especially to my liking, as I'd prefer a relatively cool climate over the heat anyday of the week ( Don't get me wrong though it still gets very hot).

The city has a lot of potential and if peace is stabilized I would love the move there and help start a business. It's a fairly large city, one of the busiest I've seen... So I know there's great potential here

Maaddeey   

Abwaan, magaalada Marka waa magaalo soomaalida ka dhexeysa, lakin taas kuma weydiine, sababta aad ku dooratay lee ii sheeg!.

Somalia   

Maaddeey;846518 wrote:
Abwaan, magaalada Marka waa magaalo soomaalida ka dhexeysa, lakin taas kuma weydiine, sababta aad ku dooratay lee ii sheeg!.

I second this. :D

raula   

well this is just biased..Somaaliya hadaad dhinacna ka arkin..iskaba dhaaf clan-infested regions..maxaad oran :D

Sunny, by the sea, diverse cities are the best for me, eg Muscat in Oman (Nice is French rednecks central, San Diego too wild).

Thus, Marka or Kismayo have all those plus good farms nearby; they could compete with Xamar with their ports and Kismayo hinterland is the rainiest in Somalia (huge Jubba forest), the port was a major cattle export hub all the way down to kenya next door etc.

Those clans neutral cities would make ideal resettlement areas for Northern nomads again; fishing, farming, meat or hide processing, trade, ports...not to say the splendid islands and exceptional tourism potential.

PS: Reer Hargeysa love Marka more, those from Nuugaal Kismayo. Both are great alternatives to Xamar.

Many old setllers families from Borama etc are still living in the South too.

Abwaan   

Somalia;846522 wrote:
I second this.
:D

Before I answer his question, can you ask him isaga inta magaalo dad soo sheegtay, maxaa qofkii marka sheegta uu uga hari la'yahay? Marka, ma wuxuu moodey in Indhocadde leeyahay?:D

Maaddeey   

Jawaab ma la'dahay? ،meeshii roob leh' markey kuu qornayd aniga xaafaddeyda oo Marko ku taal aa ii qornayd. Haye jawaabta soo boobsii.

aero   

wyre;844931 wrote:
What About Dhuuso Mareeb, I Heard It Is In Somaliland
:D

Nope. It's in the Galgaduud or Galmudug region.

I'd like to visit all Somali cities with the unique/iffy names:

- Dhuuso Mareeb

- Isku Shuban

- Luuq

- Jiq Dh*lo (tuulo)

- Hurdiyo

- Bilis Qooqaani

- Nabadiid

- Galkacyo

etc.