Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Breaking news: Puntland Rejects the new constitution

nuune   

MoonLight1;828986 wrote:
Nuune caadifada iska daa, who pays the salary of the whole tfg, the Pres, the PM, the MPs , who guards them, and then you're telling us they should run the country 100%, get real sxb, Who pays the bill runs the country, that is the cruel reality.

Sxb, we can pay everyone's salary without dodgy UN, tell them to leave us alone since you know too much about them, leave us alone, we can manage ourselves and generate our own income to pay salaries for those working for the public.

But in reality, it is this way, I pay you, obey my orders, you like to to be held hostage like that, am sure we are on same page here!

We don't need their salaries and food aid, do you?!!

nuune;828993 wrote:
Sxb, we can pay everyone's salary without dodgy UN, tell them to leave us alone since you know too much about them, leave us alone, we can manage ourselves and generate our own income to pay salaries for those working for the public.

But in reality, it is this way, I pay you, obey my orders, you like to to be held hostage like that, am sure we are on same page here!

mr. nuune, if somalis could pay their leaders (mostly not elected by the general public), they would have done it in the last 20 years. furthermore, how do you suppose we, i mean the somali people pay for the current useless inefficient so called leaders. i don't want to pay their salaries when there are starving kids in somalia. shame on you for making the somali people pay for killers, thieves, and serial of every category known to men. okay, the last sentence was a bit extreme, but come on, were dealing with crazy politicians from hell.

nuune   

King, we are talking two different things, until you get my point I won't comment on your post smileys.gif

nuune;828993 wrote:

sxb I admire your good heart and good intentions, but that is the reality, we contribute nothing so we have no right to be independent, this "leave us alone and we can do it our selves" rants are nice and admirable slogans, but they are just slogans, maybe you should pay a short visit to the country, and believe me these guys "UN" run it, and no body is forcing Somalis to keep them that way, but that is how things are, and the only way we Somalis could get out of this voluntary slave & master relationship is the day we realize "if you can't feed your self, you don't deserve your freedom".

nuune;829006 wrote:
King, we are talking two different things, until you get my point I won't comment on your post
smileys.gif

we are talking about the same thing...paying the salaries of the current TFG government:confused: what am i missing here.

uchi   

That's an official Puntland gov letter~ trust me guys. The TFG got a different version sent to them it seems.

^^Right on

Even if this is a genuine letter which I doubt it is, Puntland cannot oppose the process to end the transition. It would be a profound mistake, unwarranted one at that. Somalia should do whatever it takes to end the transition and get out of Mahiga's grip , that is the right thing to do.

uchi   

^ it is an official letter, it has the new improved emblem on it~ that aside, Puntland signed up to a federal constitution~ when undelivered they can voice their opinion. The letter doesn't say they rejected it.

Indeed reer Puntland are not fully supporting this, I for one am against him on his latest stance as much as I have been against anyone who opposed the constitution. Puntland and Faroole risk of being labelled a spoiler. However to be fair to him, at least he addressed his concerns in a civilized manner. He can be convinced by either amending the points he raised or asking him to wait for few years to make the changes, but he's deeply interested in moving forward, he was he backbone and one of the earliest supporters of the Road Map, Garowe principles and the end of the transition. So to compare him to the anti-peace, anti-everything and waxwabla waa diidnay groups investation of Mogadishu is a mistake and unfair parallel.

uchi;829062 wrote:
^ it is an official letter, it has the new improved emblem on it~ that aside, Puntland signed up to a federal constitution~ when undelivered they can voice their opinion, it's just politics.

right on uchi. the letter is official whether one likes it or not.

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Press_Releases_32/Somalia_Puntland_Government_Response_to_Draft_Federal_Constitution_of_Somalia.shtml

Just saw the press release. The venue of debating the draft constitution is the constituent assembly, objecting clauses when you have reps in the constituent is quite ineffective .

The goal is to end the transition, not to draft a perfect constitution

^Yes, the constitution is no perfect, no sane individual should expect, however I feel Faroole wax madiidanee wax ayuu farta kusii fiiqayaa si uu wadaaxiyo xoogaa in laga qanciyo ayuu malaha rabaa.

But he cannot be against this, he was one of main forces behind the Road Map and the establishment of a new era,a new Somalia.