Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Breaking news: Puntland Rejects the new constitution

i was the first to say the new constitution does not go far enough when it comes to federalism, but only few believed. i hate to say/ no, i enjoy saying, i told you so. i await the next step PL will take....hope PL does want i wanted it to do for a long time. :cool:

N.O.R.F   

Does this vindicate the Samater guy?

PL at least chose to issue a letter directly to those forming the new Somalia rather than through the media (a leak is a leak).

So, how will the resident PL SOLers react?

nuune   

And the sad fact is that the letter is directed to the International Community, there is no mention of Somali President, Prime Minister or Parliament Speaker, even without this, there is no mentioned of Odayaasha Dhaqanka Soomaaliyeed, or the Educated Folks.

Wallaahi waa yaab, it just shows that the constitution is written mainly by the International Community rather than Somalis, this letter is clear indication of it, just look whom it was addressed to!

Dastuurkuba haduu intaaba yahey oo hey'ado ii soo maliigeen, halkiisa ha iga joogo.

We can do our own, by own own, for our own

N.O.R.F   

Nuune, I wouldn't be comfortable with it either. The whole process has it's roots in Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia. What is surprising is the non-critique of the process by the Somali mainstream media. The Samatars have and they've been ignored.

I think Puntland is onto something here with their insistence on fedralism. I think its the only way Somalia can work (with the right framework) and, if done correctly, might just temp Somaliland back.

The vast majority of somalis reject this constitution. Galmudug puntland ximan iyo xeeb some of the elders in xamar the somali professors. Its seems only mahiga and the TFG are liking the constitution.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;828941 wrote:
Does this vindicate the Samater guy?

PL at least chose to issue a letter directly to those forming the new Somalia rather than through the media (a leak is a leak).

So, how will the resident PL SOLers react?

Not really. The Samatar guy was complaining about outside involvement in the constitution and gave no clear suggestions on what should be done. He actually left it too late to shout "we were not consulted". PL, at least, waited to see the draft and THEN made it's reservations clear. Still, shame they didn't send a 'cc' to the TFG. I can't imagine that side are going to be happy about such a sneaky leak!

nuune   

^^ I don't even think the TFG would being happy even if they were included in the "cc", they want to be seen in the "To" field, but Puntland left them both, this really changes the whole thing we knew about who is running the country, at least 10% was run by the TFG, but not 100% as the letter clearly displays.

Cajjab weeye dunidan, inteen aadnaa marka, hadii meel walba hey'ad xunoo UN ah inoo dhigatey isbaaro kiimikeesan.

Read this letter in Shabelle.net a few days ago. Thus far it seems it's not genuine, Puntland State is not against the road map or this constitution. The transition will end insha Allah.

nuune;828966 wrote:
this really changes the whole thing we knew about who is running the country, at least 10% was run by the TFG, but not 100% as the letter clearly displays.

Cajjab weeye dunidan, inteen aadnaa marka, hadii meel walba hey'ad xunoo UN ah inoo dhigatey isbaaro kiimikeesan.

Nuune caadifada iska daa, who pays the salary of the whole tfg, the Pres, the PM, the MPs , who guards them, and then you're telling us they should run the country 100%, get real sxb, Who pays the bill runs the country, that is the cruel reality.

As long as they are not saying "waa diidnay" and they are going to right channel for their concern, then all is well. And I also hope that they sent a copy/similar letter to the TFG.