Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

What's your earliest memory?

chubacka   

Just out of interest/nosiness... My earliest memory is of my little sister literally rolling on top of me and wanting to shove her off so much, I remember my mum and big sister sitting close by and my mum saying "Don't hit her, don't hit her" haha. I think I was about 3 and my little sister about 1 and a half.

A clearer memory is of my family moving somali style, treking for miles and me behind my grandmother constantly stepping on her sandals and her getting really annoyed! I think I was about 5.

What is the earliest memory you have and how old were you?

My earliest memory was when I was four. I remember me and some othe Kidd chasing around while my grandmother was talking to other women. It was late afternoon , then I fell over and sustained an injury on my right hand , still visible today.

Aaliyyah   

My earliest memory is when I was like three and half and I was eating popcorn we were celebrating my brother's 40 days party .. People were walking back and forth bringing in drinks and food..

Somalia   

The earliest is at 2 according to my parents . I described the hospital corridor, where the reception was, the woman who was there and where I was in the room. They told me I was being Meningococcal septicaemia

I always knew there was a reason I hated medicine.

Blessed   

I was around 5 in Burco. There used to be this old lady who lived across the road from us. She was 'Cadaniyad', wore an abaaya and come home every day just before maghrib. Being fat, she had this funny little walk. Everyday, I'd wait for her outside our house, everyday I'd run up behind her and mimic her walk. Weli wey ii sawiran tahay, this short carab looking islan, chubby islaan and me behind her, with my arms out, leaning from side to side. LOL. Bless her!

Another memory was also in the same house, probably around that same time. There was a tall tree just outside our house and we'd sit / lay under it as one of our older cousins or aunts told us a story. One night myself and older brother and sister we lying down just looking at the sky, counting the stars. Suddenly, they both screamed, ran to the front door and shouted for me to get up, run, soo bood. I was baffled. I got up slowly and realised this mad man who used to walk around xaafada had decided that he too will lay next to us and count the stars. LoooL. I used to be so scared of that man, when I saw him next to me I went numb. I couldn't talk, scream or run. I sat there dumbfounded, staring at him like he was a jin until my older cousin came out, carried me in and told my bro and sis off shouting, then going back out and sitting down with the madman to make conversation. Hahaha!

chubacka   

hahahahha@Blessed, your second memory is hilarious, love the mad man coming to look at the stars with the kids, so cute.

Aaliyah wot is the 40 days party?

Thanks for sharing.

Aaliyyah   

Lol wan la socda in hoyadu umul baxaso laakin xafladu waa more for the baby kolay saas ban modayey but at the end of the day I guess its for both

my earliest memory was in 91 january, i think i was 4 yrs or something when me and my family fleed to balcad in the beginning of the civil war, i remember hearing gunshots and heavy artillery, scared the shit out me

Narniah   

When I was barely three, I remember my mom use to chase me to feed me. I was such a difficult child to feed, the thought of eating alone use to make me run. I'm still a pathetic picky eater to this day.

I remember when my mom was pregnant with my sister, I use to cry and say 'i want to get pregnant too mom' and she would be like, 'if you eat you will get pregnant too eat'. I actually believed this for a long time.:P

I also had this fascination to take peoples watches apart lol. They would leave it at the bathroom sink after wudu. I would quickly grab it and separate it into pieces. I was quite the engineer!

And the day I laid hands on my mothers lipstick, I made sure I missed no spot on my face. lol