Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

IS it ok if your husband has lower education than you?

Samafal   

If you are man and your potential wifey is more educated than you, my advice to you is run, run from that relationshp.

The daily nagging and name calling will be too much to bare. Xoolo naag leedahayna ha isku gu dhawaan soomaalidu waxay tiraahdaa Dhurwaa baa ka dhaartay.

Aaliyyah   

looooooooooooooooooool@ dhurwaa ba ka dhaartay. That made my day....

I think it is fine if women marry men who are more educated than them. In fact I recommend it...theres something natural about that lol..

but you are right qof wax ka badan haysta ama wax ka badan yaqaana wiil ama gabadh waa dhici karta marmarka qaar in uu hoos ku dhigo...but think about it if you guys respect one another and have good communication. Hopefully, that will be avoided. Especially when it is the guy who is more educated...as for the girl/woman being more educated??..actually a friend of mine works with this arab lady who has a really good job and her husband has crappy job..and she is the one who bought their house and everything yet they have some mutual agreement and seem happy. But, those two are exception to the rule lol..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

In islam xoolaha gabadha yada iska leh, you shouldn't even count on it. Regardless, of her being more rich than you or not. Markasta it is you who has to provide the necessity lol..dhurwa ama haka dhaarto ama balayo kale orda shaqeesta lol

Taleexi   

Taas waxba kama qabno -- ee mar kasta xaafada oo shidan waa inaan nimaadnaa - yacni maalin walba waa inaan caruus oo kale naloo treat gareeyaa!

Aaliyyah   

^loool inshallah taad guursatid alle hakaga dhigo tii happy ka dhigta...laakin waqtiga la joogo waxa dhici karta she is at work and came back the same time as you lol..then kijada baad wada galasan lmao

salaam

Abwaan   

Abtigiis;776336 wrote:
It is ok, but NOT recommended.

looooooooool....Abtigiis...are we saying everyone can do well in school and have a degree? i think that Education should not be the only focus for marriages...as long as someone uu dedaal muujinayo ama muujnayso waxaa roon in loo tixgeliyo....

Runta markaan isku sheegno gabdhaheenna ayaa Faaraxyada ka iskuul aad badan waa markii qurbaha la fiiriyo marka ma waxaad leedahay ragga Soomaaliyeed cidlo haku soo dheceen gabdhuhuna meel kale guur haka raadsadeen...Adiga waan kugu halqabsaday un maadaama aad akhyaarta meeshan ka mid tahay ee kulama doodayo keligaa saaxiib.

Aaliyyah   

looooooooool....Abtigiis...are we saying everyone can do well in school and have a degree? i think that Education should not be the only focus for marriages...as long as someone uu dedaal muujinayo ama muujnayso waxaa roon in loo tixgeliyo....

actually you are kind of right...dadaalka qofku muujiyo wa muhim. I guess we can all talk but at teh end of the day those who find themselves in such position will have to look at all the other good characteristics the person has...so it is not just education.

maybe he doesnt have any degrees but he is self made millionaire..then what..:)

salaam

Chimera   

Depends, if the sister is an award winning Phd Professor Scientist Space Engineer, then yeah a part of me will feel uncomfortable, but if she doesn't flash those degrees across my face every two seconds, then we'll be fine. I don't think you should ever allow yourself to be dependable on your spouse, I think that's a bad thing in a relationship, especially for a male, but also for women.

A male is genetically engineered to have a mindset to be the breadwinner, its deeply rooted and goes back to pre-historic times, therefore you shouldn't feel surprised when a male finds it difficult to live in a house purchased with the wealth of his wife only. I think I could live there, but there will always be that knowledge in the back of my mind that she could kick me out whenever she wants. Atleast when a guy owns the house he is relegated to the couch during trials and tribulations.

samjamaa   

somalia & NGONGE: don't take it personal and both of you need self confidence.

I must say that a man with a lower degree in education married to a woman with a higher degree of education can create some instability in a marriage. The man may feel he is not bringing in the most money as society may put it. I can also see why a couple, with both of them having degrees in higher education, marriage could last longer because they really wouldn't have to deal with the financial hardship that lower educated couples do.

In other hand my cousin when she married her husband both were equal in education( both only finished high school) but she decided to continue and he supported her till she finished BA, and they still living happy life. they let me believe that men and women benefit equally through the love in their relationship some times

There is more to marriage then only basing it on education of course it's important but not the only thing you can judge a person by. Their over all skills, dedication and knowledge about the deen, intellectual level, sophistication and manners should be far more important then wanting only someone who finished college/university. Having a college/university degree doesn't mean they are intelligent it only means they are now educated only about the subject they have learned nothing more it doesn't say much about their overall intelligence level. I know one or two people that graduated but are dumb.

Personally for me it's partially about education but mostly what counts to me is his overall intelligence level. I would want someone who is a bit smarter then me. Why? Because I wan't someone who stimulates my mind and can challenge me, that can teach me things and I can teach him things back. There are many people with high IQ levels who are self taught who never went to college/university for some reason but are very smart and know alot of things. An good example is Bill Gates billionaire co-founder of Microsoft, one of the richest men in the world, philanthropist. Dropped out of Harvard after his second year to work with Paul Allen on the venture that became Microsoft. As he noted, “I realized the error of my ways and decided I could make do with a high school diploma.” It's your intellectual capabilities that bring you far in life and not only because you have studied one course for 3 years. You could have been a college/university graduate and not be able to get a job and settle for less because you have other underdeveloped skills that is important to employers and empoyers are looking for which you don't have. And someone who doesn't have the degree but the skills get hired and moves up in the company over several years and eventually they reach CEO. That's why also alot of companies take IQ tests form their prospective employees to see whether you have the abilities and can you handle it.

You need to evaluate and investigate things from different angles and point of views instead of blindly believing in the stereotypical comments about the subject. This is one silly taboo. So the answer to whether you should settle with a man/woman who doesn't have a college/university degree but is overally intelligent or very intelligent should be definitely yes!

maalayacni.com what does the level of education have to do with who you marry. Obviously if you feel someone is less intelligent then you shouldn't marry that person. Seriously though, intelligence and degrees don't necessarily go hand in hand. The reality is more and more minority women are advancing, both in career and school, what are their options? white men or forever single? I've seen a lot of Somali girls waste too much on this nonsense then panic about not marrying or being childless and of certain age. at the end of the day, if your personally content with the life choices you make, it shouldn't matter we any body else thinks.

Continuing my previous post....

As a woman you have the power to break or make a man. So instead of you nagging about his shortcomings or flaunting your degree at him you should fully support and encourage your man in whatever he wants to do in his chosen field that he feels comfortable with making a career in. Where do you think the proverb behind every succesful man there is a wise woman came from for indeed only wise woman know this.

Women start breaking out of this society prison that your in and start thinking for yourself only you know whats best for you not the society. If your husband is happy and succesful you will also be happy and succesful because it rubs on you too it's a proven fact just take a example at women who are married to succesful men, celebrities, sportsmen etc.

The following men have only obtained their high school diploma but still got far in life with their intelligence and became some of the most richest and influential men in the world. So as you see obtaining a college/university degree says nothing it's only a way to help you launch your career. So don't judge a man/woman because they don't have a college/university degree.

Sir Richard Branson - Branson dropped out of school at the age of 16 and is known for his brand Virgin, which includes Virgin Records, Virgin Atlantic Airways, and over 300 other companies. Also adding to his grandeur, Sir Branson bought his own 79-acre Caribbean island when he was just 24 and he was knighted in 1999. Estimated net worth: 8.6 billion USD

Ralph Lauren - He studied business for two years at Baruch College but never graduated. Estimated net worth: 3.6 billion USD

Steve Jobs - In addition to being the CEO of Apple Inc, Steve Jobs became the largest individual shareholder of the Walt Disney Company after selling Pixar Animation Studios in 2006. In 2007, he was chosen as Fortune Magazine’s most powerful businessman. That’s quite an honor for someone who dropped out of college after just one semester. Estimated net worth: 5.7 billion USD

Michael Dell - Michael Dell started a computer company called PCs Limited while attending the University of Texas at Austin. It became successful enough that Dell dropped out of school to operate it, and the company eventually became Dell, Inc, with revenues of $57.4 billion in 2007. Estimated net worth: 17.2 billion USD

Bill Gates - Bill Gates has topped the Forbes list of “The World’s Richest People” continually since 1995. Gates took an interest in programming while attending preparatory school in Seattle. To earn time on early shared computers, Gates and his classmates offered to debug corporate software. When he was 14, Gates earned $20,000 from his first programming venture. After scoring a near-perfect 1590 on his SATs, Gates enrolled at Harvard but left, without a degree, to co-found “Micro-Soft”. Estimated net worth: 58 billion USD