Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Death of Gaddafi: A Lesson but not for Dictators

Sensei   

Yacni, How do you begin to justify calling the TNC moor.yaan?

The man was crook and was dealt with by his own people.

Jacpher   

The International Human Rights, the UN, and the State Department are opening investigations leading to the death of Gaddafi. Now that his body is stored in a meat locker for public viewership, they care so much about him that they want to know why he was spit on and punched in the face.

Qaddaffi was a ****** old fool. He joins the ranks of Siyad Barre, Mabutu, the long list of shamed African dictators who defied their people's wishes and were then flushed out down the drain like dirt.

God bless the fighters from the city of Misrata.

Abtigiis   

In what amounts to be a tragic rootedness to cause,country,family, tribe and pride, Gaddafi did not die running away. But how he fought his war in the last days, why he chose to put his back to the sea against the overwhelming might of NATO and marauding militias with endless supply of ammunition and arms, doesn't speak to the knowhow of a colonel with military experience. What type of a war plan is that? And why limit his resistance to his home town? He will surely not be remembered for cowardice, but why he has to face his death in a filty hole, in a country he ruled for 40 years merits no paean.

But far more disturbing than the savagery of a ragtag bedouin clansmen is the words of the UN, spoken through its Secetary General. How the day men with gun excuted a father and a son who were prisoners of war with wanton disregard to the Geneva convention becomes the day of light to Libyans is incomprehensible. As the bloodied face of Gaddafi was dragged in the streets of Sirte, Ban-Ki moon took the podium congratulating the Libyan people for their "historic transition", as if the whole drama was not a vicious cycle of blood-letting and the continuation of the reign of the gun and gangsters. What the NTC did is a war crime, but the world doesn't have courts for the crimes of the conquerers and their step-children. And the hypocracy of calling for investigation, just to save face, is what riles me most.

I have no respect fo the NTC; I like Mustafa Abdijalil though. He looks a decent man and his actions in the last few days attest to his integrity. He hasn't repeated the fiendish shrieks of the other NTC leaders, nor does he travelled to see the dead body of Gaddafi. And his face is a face of a man who is honest and civil. I don't like the NTC because they are a mix of diaspora drop-outs (largely jevuniles), medieval militants with all the hallmarks of an Alshabab-in the making, and because they lie. They changed the story of Gaddafi's death more than ten times, often giving completely contradicting narrative tributaries. The one I find most shocking is the one that says Gaddafi died as he was driven to Misrata. Why take him to Misrata? We know what happend in Misrat. Surely, he was lucky he died on the road if true, for the journey to Misrata could only have been a visit to Golgotha, the place of skulls. And what is with the collapse of national morality in Libya with the filming and bee-lining to see the dead body of a human being, a dictator but a human being nonetheless. Is it the asthetics of the macabre?

N.O.R.F   

It’s difficult to judge the ramifications of the events in Libya. I just hope they all calm down and there is no inter-clan violence.

The way Gaddafi was treated was despicable. Never have we witnessed such images on primetime TV as if it was normal to show a bloodied dead body. The rebels are to be blamed for such a violation of not just the Geneva Convention (which has become irrelevant) but the rules of war in Islam. It is clear that there has been a lack of respect for prisoners in this civil war (both the Gaddaafi forces and the rebels) and that the NTC failed communicating the codes of conduct to the rebels. The NTC should show some courage now and bury the man as soon as possible.

Abtigiis   

ANC Youth League Salutes Slain Gaddafi

THE ANC Youth League has saluted slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi as an anti-imperialist martyr and wants to know who is next.

"Brother Leader was ruthlessly killed by rebels armed by NATO forces, who invaded Libya because of its natural resources," the youth wing of South Africa's ruling African National Congress said on Friday.

The statement came after pictures of Gaddafi covered in blood were broadcast globally on Thursday. He was reportedly shot dead near Sirte, in Libya, while hiding in a concrete pipe.

The ANCYL said Gaddafi had resisted imperialist domination of the African continent and never agreed to the draining of natural resources from Africa, appreciating that they should be used to benefit the people of Africa.

The fact that he was killed in combat was an "inspiration to many freedom fighters across the continent and the world," the statement said.

"Like Colonel Gaddafi, as economic freedom fighters we will fight to the bitter end and [are] ready to pay the highest price for the retaining of South Africa and Africa's natural resources to the rightful owners," the league added .

The league was ready to fight to protect and defend the sovereignty of "our countries", to defend political freedom and decolonisation.

The statement, signed by spokesman Floyd Shivambu, said the struggle for economic freedom and liberation would never be easy, because imperialist agents would infiltrate the oppressed and exploited people and portray anti-imperialist fighters as enemies of the people.

The only appropriate send-off for Gaddafi was to recommit to the struggle for total economic freedom "in our lifetime", said Shivambu.

"The question we should ask is who is next? Rest in peace Brother Leader!"

Abtigiis   

The brother leader did not owe the longevity of his rule to his iron hand only. Some facts I got from a comment made by people paying tribute to him:

-Free Health Care

-Free Education

-Housing scheme (literally there were NO homeless people in Lybia)

-Guaranteed Employement (3 million foreigners from the region sought employment in Lybia)

-Social Welfare

-Each citizen had a share of the oil wealth

-To top all up any Lybian wanting to study higher education abroad was allowed to do so paid for by the government.

Add his support to Palestinians and black struggle in Soth Africa.

He wasn't a good man, but he sure isn't the devil the west wants us to see. He hasn't killed more than Bush and Tony Blair killed, but no body sees them as killers. Why? because they didn't kill their own citizens, but instead Iraq's and Afghani's? Must you kill your own to be a murderer and a dictator? Tony Blair wants to dictate how an entire civilisation should live, let alone a small country and he is still a democrat for Albion and its lovers! This earth, bothers! What about the destruction of Gaza some years back? is there any killer the BBC and CNN want us to know about? Whatever your political orientation, it is good to look at the untold side of any given story. I feel sad when I see diaspora kids with limited horizon regurgutiating western propaganda.

nuune   

^^ AT&T, these are not just comments of people who are giving condolences to their brother leader, that list you have is a fact, a fact that existed in the last 25 years or more.

Sxb, it wasn't all about just oil, that is not the only reason the Western has interfered the so called uprising, here is why:

That list you have there is much longer, watch it here

ailamos   

Abtigiis;753109 wrote:
The brother leader did not owe the longevity of his rule to his iron hand only. Some facts I got from a comment made by people paying tribute to him:

-Free Health Care

-Free Education

-Housing scheme (literally there were NO homeless people in Lybia)

-Guaranteed Employement (3 million foreigners from the region sought employment in Lybia)

-Social Welfare

-Each citizen had a share of the oil wealth

-To top all up any Lybian wanting to study higher education abroad was allowed to do so paid for by the government.

Add his support to Palestinians and black struggle in Soth Africa.

He wasn't a good man, but he sure isn't the devil the west wants us to see. He hasn't killed more than Bush and Tony Blair killed, but no body sees them as killers. Why? because they didn't kill their own citizens, but instead Iraq's and Afghani's? Must you kill your own to be a murderer and a dictator? Tony Blair wants to dictate how an entire civilisation should live, let alone a small country and he is still a democrat for Albion and its lovers! This earth, bothers! What about the destruction of Gaza some years back? is there any clear the BBC and CNN want us to know about? Whatever your political orientation, it is good to look at the untold side of any given story. I feel sad when I see diaspora kids with limited horizon regurgutiating western propaganda.

I don't see the point of this. Every dictator from Stalin, Hilter, Mussolini, you name it, has done good things for their people, otherwise they wouldn't be in power.

Abtigiis   

ailamos;753139 wrote:
I don't see the point of this. Every dictator from Stalin, Hilter, Mussolini, you name it, has done good things for their people, otherwise they wouldn't be in power.

waa dimension iga maqnaa ood soo kordhisay. Thanks.

Typical Diaspora Somalis. Waar, dhulkiinii iyo dadkiinii baa gubanaya, idinkuna Qadafi iyo NATO baa maskaxdiina la weynaadey!

While the mutilation, humiliation, and murder of Qadafi, regardless of his crimes, has been shocking to say the least, far more shocking is the amount of Somalis currently expiring from war, starvation, thirst, disease, and every other calamity known to mankind.

Come back to reality and concentrate on home.

PasserBy   

Abtigiis

Dude, you've gone overboard with your mourning of the former Libyan dicator. Many on SOL have issues with the way he died, but not the death itself. I know he was your leader's benefactor thru the Eritrean tyrant, but it is time to let go man. :D

I was just listening to this somali song! n it goes like this...

Bustank dexdiisa bot botdow marun baan baanka ka heli!! lool..

Qaadifyi had enjoyed 42 yrs fing up his country! Have u heard of any leader that was in power for that long!! Probably a few. anyway, if u live by the sword, u will die by it. N its not XARAAM as he said! lol. its legit.

viva Libyian pple! now lets do the somali thing! n get rid of the american n saudi a-holes n re-claim our land.