A_Khadar

Happy 2nd Anniversary - SSC state of Somalia

A_Khadar   

No, the name of the little tuulo is the one in the video "Laanmasley".. Gogol ma doonto is reference to the soul that is clean and you can sleep without gogol..

A_Khadar;757364 wrote:
No, the name of the little tuulo is the one in the video "Laanmasley".. Gogol ma doonto is reference to the soul that is clean and you can sleep without gogol..

I know Laanmasley, but I was curious about Gogol ma doonto. Now, I know what you meant, but the original way to write is "Gogol ma doonte" as in "The one no need of gogol".

A_Khadar   

I am not a good speller of any language somali or english.. But I guess you're right "gogol ma doonte" if you're referring to the person but if you're refering to the soul itself i could be right that it's "gogol ma doonto".. excuse my southern accent also...

A_Khadar;757374 wrote:
I am not a good speller of any language somali or english.. But I guess you're right "gogol ma doonte" if you're referring to the person but if you're refering to the soul itself i could be right that it's "gogol ma doonto".. excuse my southern accent also...

Oh okay. You're right, the phrase "Gogol ma doonto" does exist and is used. To my knowledge, it would be translated to as "I'm not one to get gogol" or sometimes, it's used figuratively as in, I am satisfied with how it is. I might be wrong, though as I'm not educated in the Somali proverbs and literature, as well.

Here is a little gabay (poem) I just made for SSC.

Walle wa runta. Hawd iyo Nugaal, walle gogol uma doonto!

Ceerigaabo iyo Buuhoodle, wa meeshad doontee

Ku dar Laascaanood iyo quruxdii boqonkee

Sidii Faraskii Xin Finin, walle waan so tabtaa ye

Illa xeebaha Sanaag iyo saalka Hawd ee

Buuraha Ceelmadow iyo Dhoxo Nugaaleed ee

Aaliyyah   

That phrase gogole ma doonte, never heard of it before today. I guess u learn something everyday.

Knight of wisdom thanks for uploading that video..buhoodle dad dhiig leh baa daga, alle khyr badan ha siiyo. And love that song..haybad waxaad ku leedahay dhulkaaga hooyo, wa lama huraane ee hagar l'i wax ugu qabo :)

salaam

Aaliyyah;757519 wrote:
That phrase gogole ma doonte, never heard of it before today. I guess u learn something everyday.

Knight of wisdom thanks for uploading that video..buhoodle dad dhiig leh baa daga, alle khyr badan ha siiyo. And love that song..haybad waxaad ku leedahay dhulkaaga hooyo, wa lama huraane ee hagar l'i wax ugu qabo
:)

salaam

Anytime sis. Yeah, Gobolka Cayn siba Buuhoodle district waxa daga dad dhiig leh.