Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Al-Shabaab's departure in pictures..

GoldCoast;739102 wrote:
How do you see their hold dimishing in rest of Southern Somalia? AMISOM mandate is limited to Mogadishu, and TFG and its allies don't seem capable of such an operation. Rifts are relevant but I think it is premature to predict where this goes in the time being.

They lost legitimacy in the minds of many Somalis. The young men doing the fighting for them are faced with two choices, continue fighting this unending war or help your starving families...we need to be mindful the foot-soldiers are from the regions facing the famine. But the most important decider is the lack of ability to build proper government. Somalis need institutions that can serve them.

The problem with not building institutions is what brought down the previous transitional governments and Islamic Courts. The same problem faces TFG. They need to establish proper working government in Benadir before they go pursuing AS who are better position in the countryside.

N.O.R.F   

Che -Guevara;739250 wrote:
^If you invest your stock in the 'government', good luck. I guess the past ten years is not enough of example.

Heh, better than death, amputations and the banning of sambuusas.

TFG-ga as it is waxaa hogaaminaya the stubidh and the greedy. They don't have the capacity or the capability lagu xoreyn lahaa wadanka once and for all. The only untested variable waa the new PM. Markaa, shabaab ka bacdii my worry is it will remain same ol' same ol'.

At least the residents of xamar xalay farxad ayey ku seexdeen, Ilaahay ha ka farxiyee. Let's pray in sidoo kale the southern gobolo looga nadiifiyo the black-flag bearers.

Ah, Che....in Islamic history, Muslimiin u dagaalamaysa oo ku dagaalamaysa calan madow halkee lagu arkay? Calankeenu waa calan cad. The only thing aan ku tilmaami karo waa pirates cimaamadeysan.

N.O.R.F   

^:D

Che -Guevara;739267 wrote:
^LoooooooL...why, you don't like the color black?

Norf...I'm sure being run by Nairobi NGOs and getting humiliated in Kampala is viable option.

You're not seeing the wood for the trees. Being run by NGOs et al is NOT worse than being run by only too happy to chop off a limb AS.

Wax fahan.

Val-Islamic history is very expansive. We can't prove or disapprove the black flag being used in wars. Besides, white flag will get dirty easily.

Norf...We see two different visions for Somalia-we will have to agree to disagree.

Che -Guevara;739275 wrote:
Val-Islamic history is very expansive. We can't prove or disapprove the black flag being used in wars. Besides, white flag will get dirty easily.

Perhaps that's it. The white flag dhiiga ma qarsado.

nuune   

bilan;739194 wrote:
may be Nuune is kidding, but it seems a lot of us always blame other people.

laakiin Jiirka cararaya ma AS, i do not think kuwaas inay that easy ku tagayaan, soon they will start inay wax qarxiyaan, hadayba ka xun yihiin since no one knows meesha ay aadayaan, tolow Godane tuuladiisa maku noqday??

Dear Bilan, I am aware that no one can be blamed for our trouble, I kid a lot, and I did listened to that muxaadaro bari dhaweyd, waxaa is weydiin mudan, who invites these foreigners whatever they are, soo un anaga ma ahan un, hadee blame kale ma jiro huuno oon anaga aheyn, 20 sano we failed our country, we as in me and you and everyone else, and those khaasatan in the country, war illeen anagaa wax aragney, waxaan aaminsanahey dhibaatada wadankeena wey sahlantahey sidii loo xallin lahaa, laakin sidii aan geyd quraca hoostiisa ku soo wada fariisan laheyn ayaa la rabaa in laga shaqeeyo, qofkii ka shaqeeyaana dahab ceyriin iyo mid bisilba wuu muteestey.

NGONGE   

Norf, the two sides are no better than each other. One is a group of crazy latter day mullahs and other is a corrupt group of psudopoliticians who would struggle to organise a murqan session in a mafrash, never mind run an entire country. Death awaits the innocents no matter which side wins.

p.s.

Che & Val and your "white flag" discussion. I think you are missing a very obvious point about white flags. Want a hint? Zack wanted Che to raise one earlier. :D