Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

The UK Government says NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chimera   

Vile comments ment to degrade an entire people won't bring back the secessionists, only strengthen their resolve and in fact you'll only end up alienating the Unionists like me( of which there are many), for I would never share a house with an individual(s) that shares such sinister sentiments.

G.O.E.T.I.A;721306 wrote:
Djiboutians fought like hell, bravemen indeed, and got defeated.

What unknown "war" or "battle" was that? It is known that the colonisers were burried across Greater Somalia, but I have never heard of a resistance in modern day Djibouti. It was Somalia's pressure that led to your independence, that I do know.

He waves the French flag that was used by those who colonised his region, to assume his ancestors waved that same flag and helped the colonials would not be a wrong conclusion.

Btw, a Somaliland unionist is an oxymoron. It does not exist and if it does it's an error and correcting it would be advisable.

Chimera;721331 wrote:
Vile comments ment to degrade an entire people won't bring back the secessionists, only strengthen their resolve and in fact you'll only end up alienating the Unionists like me
( of which there are many), for I would never share a house with an individual(s) that shares such sinister sentiments.ern day Djibouti.

This is absolutely true. Some are trying to bring back Somaliland[ers] by force, name-calling and attempts to humiliate them which in reality is only pushing them farther away; instead of a stick, try using a carrot, see what happes. If you have no carrots then you are only left with a stick, which is unlikely to work. A mahmah goes along the lines of miro geed ku yaal, ha u qubin kuwa guntiga kuugu xidhan. But in this case, there are not even any miro on the tree but instead pills of death and destruction.

Taleexi   

OdaySomali;721391 wrote:
This is absolutely true. Some are trying to bring back Somaliland[ers] by force, name-calling and attempts to humiliate them which in reality is only pushing them farther away; instead of a stick, try using a carrot, see what happes. If you have no carrots then you are only left with a stick, which is unlikely to work. A mahmah goes along the lines of miro geed ku yaal, ha u qubin kuwa guntiga kuugu xidhan. But in this case, there are not even any miro on the tree but instead pills of death and destruction.

Anshax u hadalka iyo kaftanku aint one dimensional saaxiib. The secessionist cult have to behave as well. Hence, have you ever considered the continual trash talk towards the rest of Somalis that emanates from this lot? Only through mutual respect and, with modest discussions from both sides can emancipate ourselves from this self-inflicted wound. Seek and obtain enough info before you give advice to one of the parties in the conflict as that will only yield the maximum output of your efforts.

^ I agree with much of what you say." Only through mutual respect and, with modest discussions from both sides can emancipate ourselves from this self-inflicted wound". Amen to that.

As for my comment. Firstly, I never said that the exchange of insults was one dimentional, so don't put words into my mouth. I have witnessed and observed the exchanges between the two camps but you have to understand my view of the current situation to properly interpret my comment.

My comment then, was based on what each party is trying to achieve and where they are currently positioned. The situation, if we are looking at the facts, is that Somaliland wants recognition and Somalia wants Somaliland re remain part of Somalia. Both are in difficult situations but one more so than the other. IMO, in this case the burden of convincing Somaliland is on Somalia. Let alone doing this but Somalia itself is divided, in turmoil and fragmented. If one adds, on top of that, insults, threats and other such behaviour then the aim to convince Somaliland will fail. My point is that Somaliland is not trying to convince Somalia. Secondly, if you go to the person you're trying to convince/negotiate with, with assertions and preconditions that that reek of arrogance when your shoulder-deep in shit yourself, fundamentally challenge the person and everything he stands for and lastly add to this insults and humiliation, it simply is not going to work.

Taleexi   

I'm a human and liable to make mistakes after all therefore my apologies for any misunderstandings on my part. If your interpretation was aimed on an isolated incident not an inclusive one and, merely considered how unionists like me dealing with this thread dhibi ma jidho, haday jidhona ma buurna. However, No one is right here. Somalia being a failed state and a fractured society; solutions to her problems are becoming as remote and elusive as ever before but the self-styled region of Somaliland is doing more harm than good. They should not attempt to bite what they can not swallow and make no mistake given of course the Somalis' DNA/Gene make up. Somaliland can not spoon feed other clans in the north in their skewed clannish dogma. The north has the potential of being much worse than the south if not contained and resolved the many intrinsic, frozen conflicts in the area. There I leave my 2 cents adeer.

Dervish   

Abokor, my people did not parade, they demanded the UK government to stop AID to your TRIBAL secessionist pseudo government. Its well documented that the UK gives aid to the Somaliland government, just as all former protectorates of the Empire the Somalilanders recieve the hard earned dollars of the british tax payers. They use this meager monthly donation to prop up a tribal militia used to destroy and uproot towns villages and cities in the SSC. The people of SSC have kept quiet for too damn long while we let these carnival clowns parade around. Abokor your a funny guy bout "may my ancestors rest in peace we put them there" when you say "We put them there" do you mean your tribe or We the BRitish?

Chimera;721331 wrote:
Vile comments ment to degrade an entire people won't bring back the secessionists, only strengthen their resolve and in fact you'll only end up alienating the Unionists like me( of which there are many), for I would never share a house with an individual(s) that shares such sinister sentiments.

thanks for reminding me that Unionist do exist in this forum (for a while I tought I was in Hargeisa). And secundo, stop having this much chip on your shoulder, I don't think I tarnished the good image of somalinimo, I just got carried on and unleashed a load on the traitors of our race. But I apologize and from now, I promise to be my best behavior.

What unknown "war" or "battle" was that? It is known that the colonisers were burried across Greater Somalia, but I have never heard of a resistance in modern day Djibouti. It was Somalia's pressure that led to your independence, that I do know.

we did kill many and blessed many more security forces. You should add Djibouti to your so call list of colonial death within Greater Somalia ;),

somali political pressure? djiboutian blood for sure, you can't take that away from us!

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Liibaan   

Reality on the ground Awdal & SSC people want their Regions to be an integral part of United Somalia, and Somaliland Clan Militia want Awdal &SSC Regions to join Somaliland Clan Enclave by FORCE. If people of Northern Regions of Awdal and SSC want United Somalia, Somaliland Clan Militia cannot force and wage clan wars on Unionist population in North Somalia. Only one clan supports the Somaliland Clan Militia and Clan secession project. Soamliland Militia failed to convince other Clan and Regions of North Somalia to join Somaliland's One-Clan Secession Project, because Somaliland Militia has zero respect for Uninoist North Somalia Regions like Awdal and SSC Regions. Somaliland Clan Militia only uses insults, threats, wars, and humiliation to deal with Pro-Union North Somalia Regions (Awdal and SSC).

If Somalia is divisible so is the Former British Somali Colony, One-Clan militia cannot claim all the territories of the former British Somali Colony.

No one can force people of Awdal and SSC Regions to be part of Former British Somali Colony in 21 Century, the Pro-Union region of North Somalia have the right to remain part of United Somalia

OdaySomali;721435 wrote:
^ I agree with much of what you say." Only through mutual respect and, with modest discussions from both sides can emancipate ourselves from this self-inflicted wound". Amen to that.

As for my comment. Firstly, I never said that the exchange of insults was one dimentional, so don't put words into my mouth. I have witnessed and observed the exchanges between the two camps but you have to understand my view of the current situation to properly interpret my comment.

My comment then, was based on what each party is trying to achieve and where they are currently positioned. The situation, if we are looking at the facts, is that Somaliland wants recognition and Somalia wants Somaliland re remain part of Somalia. Both are in difficult situations but one more so than the other. IMO, in this case the burden of convincing Somaliland is on Somalia. Let alone doing this but Somalia itself is divided, in turmoil and fragmented. If one adds, on top of that, insults, threats and other such behaviour then the aim to convince Somaliland will fail. My point is that Somaliland is not trying to convince Somalia. Secondly, if you go to the person you're trying to convince/negotiate with, with assertions and preconditions that that reek of arrogance when your shoulder-deep in shit yourself, fundamentally challenge the person and everything he stands for and lastly add to this insults and humiliation, it simply is not going to work.

Excellent post. What you wrote is a simple concept yet they just do not get it.

Taleexi   

Wallee waxay u badan tahay inaan Alle u gargaarayn inta ay iyagu marka hore nafahooda uga gargaarayaan.