Sign in to follow this  
genius pauper.

marriage while schooling!!

Juxa   

^^ you have too many kumiyaal

Ms Moons, I too agree with ^^ once lagu soo doonto, there should be nikkah, nikkah and wedding shont be too far apart. I personally think not more than 4-12 weeks.

hadii kale xiisihii dhan wuu dhamaanayaa:)

ps: my family think gabar la mehersaday belongs with her husband and it is danbi to keep her away from him. so we usually have soo doonasho, then the man's family is told is-diyaarsha and we see you for nikkah with your extended qaraabo say within 2 or 3 months. then there is Meher and the wedding always takes place within a month

Ms MoOns   

STOIC, thank you very much for your input, definitely clarifies a few things.

Aaliyyah & Juxa darlings, the nikaax and the wedding itself will definitely (insha allah kheyr) be on the SAME day. I agree with you, I don't see the point in doing a wedding feist waaay after you officially got married.

My question was more regarding whether it's ok to have a gap between the doonasho and the official nikaax.

The gap is approximately 3 to 6 months (cuz of circumstances).

Or should one just wait with the doonasho and do it some time before the nikaax?

Thanks!

Aaliyyah   

like horay lo yidhi somalis are cultural gabadh lasoo donayna guriga ma u joogaso for months lol :P...So maybe 3 months tops is alright inta aad arooska isku daba ridasid shaqadiisa...6 months is a bit stretching it. How abt the dude just doesn't come to your family till you guys have everything figured out :P

salaam

Blessed   

Doonis usually takes 3 months to a year because it just takes that long to sort everything out. It's better inaad isu doonan tihiin with the blessing of your parents, inho.

Aaliyyah   

^nowadays somalis do the nikaax right after the doonis, and then wait a year and have aroos..dnt ask me where they got that culture..laakin wali ma arag gabadh laso donay and then she waits a year to have a nikaax? but who knws myabe some do it!!

salaam

Blessed   

well, in my day that was common practise.. LOL I guess most Somali marriages I know off happen in the ME and they do things the old skool way, I've older cousins who were engaged for several years. As far as the deen is concerned though, if you're talking to a guy about marriage he needs to approach your family asap.

Aaliyyah   

Lol nah it has noin to do with ur days or my days lol u aint much older than me..but perhaps there are ppl who wait a year to have their nikaax (especially those who dont wanna date behind their parents back lol and who are upfront marka u are probably right :P)...and I agree that u need to bring the guy ur seeing to ur parents ASAP sharaftu halkaas bay ku jirtaa..laakin sometimes when u bring someone ur parents might think it is all serious and what not lol like u are serious but not too serious to get married like maybe u are window shopping still LOL..

salaam

Ms MoOns   

*Blessed;747444 wrote:
Doonis usually takes 3 months to a year because it just takes that long to sort everything out. It's better inaad isu doonan tihiin with the blessing of your parents, inho.

Thanks ever so much. This was all I needed.

I was just a tad worried if it was wrong to have such a gap between the doonasho and sorting everything out.

My parents already met him alhamdulilah. I reckon they're just practically waiting for the doonasho. :P

Juxa   

gefeliciteerd schatje, kheyr allaha kaaga dhigo

kheyrka delay haku sameyn, do dooonasho, nikkah and get hitched. dont bother with big crazy weddings.

Aaliyyah   

nikkah and get hitched. dont bother with big crazy weddings.

I agree with you juxa, I recently bought myself this book titled "Sahih Muslim" and it is compiled by Al-hafiz Zakiuddin Abdul-Azin Al-mundhiri I really recommend that book and there's like million hadiths in there pertaining to different topics.And, there is one hadith there talking abt how simple the prophet's wedding was (and one would have to ask themselves are they better than the prophet when they want crazy weddings ..subhanalah being simple is part of faith).. So if i was you ms moons I would heed to Juxa's advice..barakatu waxay ku jirta being simple (oh my god I cant believe i just said that I think grew up LOL)..

salaam

Ms MoOns   

@ Juxa- thanks lieverd! *knuffel* - LOL big crazy wedding? Trust me, I am simple girl, and like to do simple things *simples* The sorting out that needs to be done consists probably 40% doonasho/nikaah/wedding, and the rest goes up to some other things! lol. Het is ingewikkeld schat.

@ Val: thank you sweety.x

@ Aaliyyah: I intend to dear ukhti! I'm gonna be such an easy bride. lol.

@ Nuune: And what would that be? I wish it was easy *shrugs*

Blessed   

InshaAllah, all the best walaalo. Everything will fall into place somehow, don't worry yourself at all. :)

LOL. Aaliyah, the teens in my family make me feel so ancient, your day baa la igala bixi waayay. LOL@ at window shopping, yeah that would be awkward. Laakin, `gabdho sameeya ayaan arkay.