Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Jacaylbaro you useless goat- didn't I told you to arrest this guy- Now look what he is spewing!!

BOB;694379 wrote:

Aniguba I can post stories that my Grandmother (God rest her soul) used to tell me but I don't want to sound like one of those clan crazed junkies running around with nothing but legend tales told by herdsmen with nothing better to do as I cannot produce an authentic written proof that some of the names we claim as ancestors even existed...who can proof that men called D!r, D@rod, H@wiye etc existed other than what we were being told and let's be honest some of the stories we hear would make 2 year old child feel cheated that's who stubidh they sound...at least to me anyway.
:)

The only thing I can proof is that I can live freely any city or town in Somalia or wherever Somalis live...be it Nugaal, Mudug, Bari, Hargeysa, Burco, Berbera, Borama, Mogadishu, Djibouti, NFD, OG'enia, Kismayo and no one can dare touch me...Go Figure.:cool:

Peace, Love & Unity.

yes. identity is constructed. it not biological somaha?

BOB   

Err...not as far as Somalis are concerned...unfortunately!

The thing is, our people still hang on to some of the pre-islamic customs and beliefs which is mind boggling to say the least.

I met a Somali guy through a cousin of mine and we've become relatively good friends...he told me about his story and I was shocked and embarrassed at the same time...gabadh Soomaliyeed bay waxay isku barteen University and they decided to get married...gabartii markii uu doontay waa loo diiday oo waalidkeed ayaa u diiday...waxay yidhaahdeen Nasab ma tihid...I could understand haduu yahay qof xun oo aan diin laheyn oo saqajaan ah but come on...waa nin fiican oo salaadiisa tukada oo ilaahay ka cabsada and top of that waa nin aqoon leh oo wax bartay....anyway ninkii ended up marrying naag cadaan ah...some of you might know im hadaan sheekadiisa sii dhex galo so intaa ayaan uga harayaa....

My point is...imisa hablood baa maanta gaal iyo qashin aan la aqoon raacayoo xaaraan lagu heystaa? Kuwaasi ma nasab baa? I know the question will be returned to me....so let me answer before hand.

I don't care Qabiilkuu yahay ninkasta oo soomaaliyeed oo u qalma in gabadh la siiyo dee aan TOTALLY wax balwad ah laheyn :)waan ku darayaa gabadhaan dhalay as long as ay iyadu raali ka tahay.:)

Peace, Love & Unity.

Peace, Love & Unity.

gooni   

anyway ninkii ended up marrying naag cadaan ah.

hadduu naag nasab ah helay awal number khaldan buu garaacay:)

Juxa   

BOB it was wrong wiil wanaagsan in gabar loo diido based on rubish reason like that ...taa waan kugu raacsanahay

balso somali o dhan maxuma and he cant justify choosing naag cadaan ah just cause one family behaved badly towards him

BOB   

He said 'He couldn't bear another public himiliation in front of his father'...Now you'd expect some one like that to be bitter and hold a grudge against the family but not this guy, ilaahay wuxuu qadaray inuu odaygii u baahdo wiilkuu gabarta u diiday oo uu humiliate gareeyay...wuu ka roonaaday oo wax walbo oo uu ka rabay ayuu si sharaf lef ugu qabtay markuu u dhameeyana wuxuu ku yiri...Madaxa gabartaada oo aan jeclahay ayaan kuugu sameeyay wax kasta oo aad iigasoo baahatana oo aan awood u leeyahay diyaar ayaan u ahay inaan kuu sameeyo.:cool:

Calaa aya xaal ninku wuxuu gabar ka qabaa reer caan Europe ka ah oo adduunkoo dhanna laga yaqaan bal ka waran kuwii uu ka dhashayna Nasab ma tihid ayeey gabar ugu diideen marka waxaan intaas ula jeedaa Qabiil wax faaiido ah oo uu leeyahay lama arko Soomaaliyana waxay carada ilaahay ugu dhacday oo uu burburka iyo halaaga aan uga bixi la'nahay waa dulmiga iyo munaafiqnimada aan iskula dhex jirno iyo ilaahay oo aan si cad oo toos ah ugu wada jisaarnay.

PS. Whenever we're talking/discussing about Somali affairs I prefer to write in Somali so that only those who it was intended for should understand and if you're Somali and can't understand my rant then I'm sorry...learn your mother tongue if not then blame it on Juxa.:)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Salam Ibti,

Care to contribute the broad daylight hijacking of this thread...if asked...just blame it all on Juxa.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

BOB,

Not really- The first post was wack, your complaints (I feel sorry for your friend and all, and it looks like Allah has blessed him anyway) wa iska calcal.com. Besides I know you are really into all that clan stuff in real life. Kismayo ayad everyone afka ka marmarisa, lakin those who claim Burco ayad ka sasta.

Now enjoy reading my Somali above- there is my hijacking for the day done.

P.s. W/salam

Taleexi   

Bob: Your question is very valid one and deserves more than yes/no answers. Like in any industry medical field has evolved and advanced; I am just 2 miles away from Salk Institute of UCSD as I compose this note that is where great deal of DNA / RNA genetic sequences were carried out. I assure you no one on SOL can proof or disproof the clan that he/she claims. It is a myth and mirage believes system, a virtual reality, and a peace of mind and, a quest of belonging to somewhere. I've a friend of mine, PhD holder, who belongs to Yib-ir clan he argued in Somali Studies Conference in Ohio, few years back that he wants to initiate a research where he will hypothesize and take a representative samples from D, H, I, and R clans. He wanted data to be interval or close to ratio instead of nominal as such he could do lots of manipulations. He assured me that if this project ever is carried out the result will be stunning and lots of held secrets will be brought to the surface. We shall wait and see I mesmerized blissfully. Wuxuu intaa iigu sii daray, si kaftan ah dabcan, "sheekadiina bugta ah waa la kashifi doonaa"

Bal dhambaalladan hoos ku dhejisan akhriya oo ka waramaya qabaa’ilka Soomaalida

Qabaa’ilka Soomaalidu ma isbahaysi baa, mise waa dhalasho?

Hayb Sooca iyo Mahadhadiisa

bilan   

I just do not understand, what’s wrong with qabiil, did not Allah mentioned it in the Quran, wasn’t the prophet Quraysh, or Quraysh did not exist either??? there a lot of good things about qabiil, it just depends on how you use it, few years ago, there were Somali couple who died in a car accident, they left behind 3 young kids and had no relatives in the state, guess what their qabiil stepped in and took care of the kids for 2 months until their aunt was able to come and get them, or the old man who was dying and had no relatives nearby, guess who was visiting him every day. just because you guys want to prove to others inaydan qabiilaystayaal ahayn hanoo akhrinina qabiil ma jiro, I am sure most of you did not see your grandfather, but you know he existed, qabiilkuna waa saas. Maxaa isku kiin keenay adiga iyo ina adeerkaa/abtidaa etc sedexaad hadaad qabiil aaminsanayn.

Blessed   

There's certainly some romanticism and a little fiction attached to the origins of the Somali qabiils, laakin it's a bit silly to deny it outright because wiil baa gabadh loo diiday. Sheekooyinkaas waa dhif, waalidka qurbaha jooga badankooda waxaan ka maqlaa 'Somali haday ii keento waa Alxamdulilah'.

BOB   

Taleexi, I am very keen to find out the final outcome...Bro Please keep me posted Insha Allah.

Bilan (Nice name)...walaal waad kululaatay ee is deji...First I am not here to prove anything to anyone and *Blessed I am not denying the existance of Qabiil at all but all I am saying is there's something fishy going on for a small nation like ours to have so many clans!

This is my theory, We all agree that we are nomads and as nomads we all know that we've moved around a lot thus making one family come into contact with several other families and then decide to live and die amongst them for god knows how long, now all I am saying here is couldn't it be possible that so many sub-clans could be from one of the said inter-marriages and they're not who they were told they are? I mean there's every chance that lots of families still live amongst other clans as one of the family members simply because they've been part of that said clan for as long as they've been around!

*Blessed...Walaal sheekada kumay iman inanka inanta loo diiday ee raali noqo Juxa baa waxaba isku wada dhex qastaye.

PS. Sayid will be very pleased.:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

War illeen anagaa wax aragney, waa aduunya gadoon haddii aan kala sooci la'nahey farqiga u dhaxeeya qabyaalad iyo qabiil, qofkii intaas kala saari waayo waxbaa u dhiman.

Aragtideyda farqiga u dhaxeeyo qabiil iyo qabyaalad waa sidan, if you have something else or other definition I would LOVE to hear.

Qabiil = waa aqoonsi, lagu aqoonsado qofka meesha uu ka soo jeedo

Qabyaalad = ma ahan aqoonsi, qofna laguma aqoonsado, ee waa fal ama ficil la sameeyo, si addin ah ama si hadal ah, falkaas oo xambaarsan faan, fitno iyo faatadhug, waana middan tan Soomaalideena rogtey, baabi'isey, ku abuurtey cuqdad iyo xiqdi.

Ps: Waxaa wanaagsan marka aan ka hadleeno dood ku saabsan qabiilka inaan ogaano micnaha qabiil iyo qabyaalad si ay dooda u ahaado mid ku socoto labadaa mid.

To echo Bilan's post, qabiilku waa aqoonsi, tusaale waxaan aqaanaa gabadh yar oo 8 jir ah waxey bas ka soo raacdey Garissa, waxeyna ku soo dagtey boosteejada Nayroobi, gabadha reerkeeda Garissa joogo ayey ka so tagtey waxeyna ogeyd gabadh walaasheed ah oo dagan Nayroobi, meel ay ka dagantahayna war uma heyso, wax taleefan ah ma jir(waa 1998 mar aan fasax ku joogey Nairobi), baskii dadkii wey ka wada dageen, waa habeen maghrib ah, waa la kala dareerey, gabadhii baa meel cidla ah iska soo istaagtey, kuwii darawalkii baskaa weydiiyey gabadha ciddey la socotey, iyo halkey ku socotey iyo in meesha loogu imanayo, intaba waxey tiri MAYA, meelna ma aqaano, marka wax kasta laga waayey ayaa la weydiiyey qabiilkeeda ciddee tahay, horey bey ka sheegtey, kuwii baska shaqaalaha ahaa farxad, wey aqoonsadeen finally gabadha qabiilkey tahay, yaad ka tahay qbaiilkaa baa la sii weydiiyey si specific ah loogu geeyo reera ay yaqaanaan shaqaalaha baska, wey u sheegtey ciddey qabiilkaa ka sii tahay, gabadhii waa la soo geeyey, reer baa loo geeyey, iska tage shaqaalihii baska, reerkii baa sii wareestey, yaad ka sii tahay ciddaas, wey u sii sheegtey, isla subixii danbeba gabadhii yareyd waxaa loo geeyey walaasheed, taleefan is gaarsiin ma jiro, word of mouth iyo aqoonsiga ayaa la isku yaqaanaa, aqoonsigu waa maxey, waa qabiil, waa identity, nacallaa qabyaalad ku taalo marka haddii aan heesano qabiil aan isku aqoonsan karno

Taleexi   

Horta qof walba qabiilka u sheeganayo ma yahay? markaan taas isla meel dhigno baynu qabyaalada ka hadli karnaa ileyn qabiilkaa qabyaalada dhala'e.