Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

wyre   

Hundreds of cobras seized in Thai customs bust

Thai customs officers have seized hundreds of cobras being smuggled through the country for use in traditional medicine as a supposed sexual aid, an official said Wednesday.

The 600 deadly wild snakes were discovered in crates on a truck when it was stopped at a checkpoint in the south of the country.

“They were in blue net bags, they could breathe through the net — there were about five cobras in each bag,” the customs officer told AFP, requesting anonymity.

Estimating the total number of snakes at around 600, the officer said a full count would take place on Wednesday night as it was too dangerous to do it without extra help.

The cobras, worth an estimated $16,300, were destined to be used in traditional medicine, the official said.

They are prized in some forms of Chinese medicine,
which holds that their blood and meat boosts sexual potency.

The snakes had been smuggled in via the southern Thai border and were believed to be on their way through the kingdom and destined for neighboring countries, the official added.

There are three cobra species native to Thailand. Although none is endangered, the export of live snakes is banned under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna.

Two men have been arrested in connection with Monday night’s haul in Prachuap Khiri Khan province and face up to 10 years in jail.

The cobras have been sent to a national park in central Thailand.

Morning all :D

:D

Ibtisam   

Lol People willing to try anything Wrye! lol

Howdy All. I am heading to Burco next week as part of the international observes- I wanted to go to Zaylac but not enough voting polls up that way. Shame. :( Burco it is then.

N.O.R.F   

Ibti, I'm sure there is but its better when its a Somali place with Somali people in a Somali city no?

Alpha is a winging brit in SL :D

Juxa   

Salaam alaykum all, Ibti i thought the deal you made was just to go zeylac why did you cave in?

I actually did not eat kulan's cake, wuu dhalaalsanaa and the portions were massive

*Ibtisam;890422 wrote:
Juxa I got bullied into- plus I thought I could finish a few things off at the same time too.

bullied into eating cake LOOOOL.

''You will eat this delicious caramel cake or i will knock you out! do you understand''

NGONGE   

Faheema.;890425 wrote:
People? I can quite happily live in a place where there were only me, the sea and baby polar bears.

W'salam all.

Only until the polar bears grow up and EAT you! :P

Faheema.;890425 wrote:
People? I can quite happily live in a place where there were only me, the sea and baby polar bears.

W'salam all.

an excellent afternoon and personal greetings of the highest order to you Faheema,

i also would like a place where you and i can be the only ones with a our polar bear baby pet Alexis.

i saw your utube link to life of pi dearest Faheema. i think you're obession with bears and furry dangerous creatures may be a sign of more pressing issues. are you attracted to danger and do you deep down yearn for it? perhaps you are bored and wish for the exotic? i don't know.

NGONGE   

Faheema.;890433 wrote:
^ I think I like NGONGE's idea...although they do grow up pretty fast, I just have to make sure I don't feed them that often
:)

You can combine my idea and his. Live in the island with Alpha and look after your baby Alexis and when Alexis grows up, feed him dee. :D