Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

NGONGE   

^^ They do, Juxa. However, it's just the Somali way not to ever stick to the rules. Sometimes, the hostess shouts at people to sit in their correct seats and sometimes the checkout crew don't even bother giving you a boarding pass. :D

Juxa   

walaalayaalow, there was none, no allocated seats, nothing, we just run....then stopped below the plane, where men pushed in first and refused to allow women with your babies to board first.

Ibtisam   

LOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! Juxa it is a little better from Berbera to Dubai or Wajeer to Kenya. So they act civilized for international flights compared to regional.

Faheem inyow and Im not going to be dragged out again.

STOIC   

First night left alone with the kid..his mom went back to work at hospital and I was left with the official role of mom/dad...it was weird being responsible for feeding and changing of some little soul..His grandmother kept calling every hour to check on me as if I couldn't handle her grand kid ..haha..I think I gave him my cold though...lol

chubacka   

^ Ahhh, how cute, except when you called him "the kid" :)

afternoon ppl, how many p0sts do I have to make to become a Senior Nomad. I've been here for longer than I care to remember.

Ibtisam   

Somali men adopt a certain distance when talking about their children and wife. It always confuses me. Look at Stoic above comment. You would think he was a none related ghost.

- the kid as suppose to MY kid/child.

- Some little soul as suppose to responsibility for MY child

- HIS mom as suppose to MY wife

- His grandmother as suppose to YOUR mother or mother in-law.

I was already thinking about this before I saw Stoic comment. I was speaking to my friend and his said I was speaking to the kids and their mother- me who? which kids and mother? So detached and independent of the family unit.

Especially when they say it in Somali, I use to think maybe wey ka shaiksanyihin if they are the father or something. :Cool: :D

STOIC   

Ibti..haha..I don't think we mean it a bad way..We accept and love them unconditionally..by the way that is his maternal grandmother

Afternoon all ............

looooooool@Ibti ... dadka amaan sii baan ku idhi hooy :D

They called at 11am to tell me they are arriving tomorrow early morning in Berbera. Had to finalize all the visa process by 3pm running up & down and calling everyone I know ........ Then they called at 4pm telling me they canceled the trip till the end of the month ....... Who said Caddaan people have good plans ?? ,,,,,,,,,,,, kombuyuutarkaan feedhi gaadhay :D

Ibtisam   

Looooool!!! @ kombuyuutarkaan feedhi gaadhay. Dont break your computer!!!! lol

JB you know it is true. Dont make me quote waxaad adigu tidhadtiid!!

North yes that too.

Stoic I know laakin it must be rooted in some fear to express attachment or you truly feel like you are just a temporary passenger. When ever I hear a guy say ciyaalka hooyadod, I use to think the parents were divorced.

Juxa   

just waad ku sigatay, you should punch it then invoice them for repair to both your gacan and the bloody computer.

Ibti i dont see what is wrong with that. Aniguba ma jecli being so closely associated to certain beings

Ibtisam   

Juxa- special case dont count. Plus you have no issues saying my cake, my dress, my xalwo. At the same time I imagine when you speak of your other half, you might not say husband ALL the time and should in a convo a women keeps going my kusband this and my husband that, we might think tolow miya lagu heesta her husband, but you are likely to refer to him by his name or my husband interchangeably. Laakin I dont imagine you would say, caruruta abohood ama odeygii guriga (how can you give your house to a man or name it his house).