Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Saudis in the aviation sector approached the Enac (fr) graduates at my younger bro workplace but he's aiming for 2 years of exp. before leaving for the gulf (he's more and more of a wadaad). It seems a trend lately for people to opt for there.

There is something I admire deeply yet can't understand about people wholly passionate about a field; I've always been much more of an eclectic dilettante equally pasionate about history, healthcare or economics etc (informally).

Thierry is well-rounded, albeit maybe not much into sciences; it's impressive by Somali standard.

So, Ngonge what do you advise me to opt for and what would fit me? :D

Ok,Ngonge thanks. Someone seems craving humus :D

Recently heard that coffee or cafeine (tea, drinks etc) interfere with deep sleep long hours after the drink, so stopping it at least 12 hours before sleep is helpful.

Early and quality sleep seems vital for everything and slow down aging too.

N.O.R.F   

Evening Abu. I think I'm the opposite. When I get a 5 hrs or less I run the whole day and am generally quite productive. When I have more than 7 or 8 hours I don't mentally wake up until the afternoon even with coffee/redbull/chocolate :D

Buenos noches Norf;

actually, a bit like exercise, quality matters very much in terms of sleep, thus 5 hours slept early and well is great (maybe slightly less time than ideal for many though).

Afternoon nap (from 10 min to 40 min) seems great too (more than a hour up to 2 hours daily is more controversial).

The Sunnah is interesting here in the sense it encourages naps (need to check back details).

the key here is that slowing down and community spirit (strong family links, faith or worship attendance, solidarity & equality) is very crucial for health, even more than sunshine, exercise or fasting (those factors explain too very the absence of addictions, crimes etc);

there was a study done among Italians immigrants in Pennsylvania: The Roseto Effect.

Thus, a close knit, spiritual community is really the key factor in health & "the pursuit of happiness".

PS

Seems roughly 90minutes of moderate exercise (walking, gardening etc) or roughly half of more intense one (jogging; prefer parks to pavements for knee joints) is more or less optimal now that I found concrete data: What’s the minimum (and maximum) exercise to improve health? (evidence says that just minimising sitting for long and short burst of very intense activity, few mins a week, is great too).

I'm still impressed by the much younger look of this elder sibling of an acquaintance asless affected by aging, similar to those "wadads"; he used to sleep early and use fresh food & olive oil back in Italia; he probably was as calm and relax or spiritual minded too (a recurrent theme in longevity studies and good health at very advanced ages in isolated Kashmir mountains, Okinawa etc).