Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

NGONGE   

To say "my wife", "my kids", "my mother-in-law" is vulgar and takes away the off-limits feel of said people. The point being, Stoic does not want to discuss "the kid" or "the grandmother" but rather the situation he found himself in.

It is of course different if we all knew the kid, the wife and the grandmother. In that case he would have said "tii xumayd so shaqadii kumay so noqon. So Cabdi yare igamay tegin. So kumaan dhawakhin. So hoyadiid telefoono xun igumay waalin. Ma waxay leeyiheen Saceed ilko caruur ma kursan karo?", etc, etc, etc...

p.s.

Mrs Stoic, Stoic Jnr and mother Stoic are not the ones I mention the Somali part and no insults uttered (or imagined) relate to any of these noble personages in my above lampoon. Shukran.

Ibtisam   

NGonge what is worrying is that Stoic even probably does that when speaking to other Somalis in real life, and although now your excuses is we dont know his wife and kids- the other side- i.e. the rude and vulgar alternative is also quite popular. Basicly labaad limit mooyaan eh miyaadeyan normal mode laheyn- must it be one extreme or the other.

NGONGE   

^^ Even those that are using rude and vulgar words are simply making the listener (usually a male) know that wife & kids are off limits. Wax fahan.

p.s.

Adigu ha na caybeen uun. There is nothing more off putting than a woman/man that says "Cabdi said this or that", "Caasha cooked this or that", "Cibaado has a headache", etc, etc, etc...

Waar maad fahmin her point dee ....... It is not about Iyada and tii ..... it is about this:

(how can you give your house to a man or name it his house)

:D

It's funny Juxa you complained about T. Air., at least the flight safety is covered;

with Daallo ten years ago, I litterally jumped into the plane at the last minute by paying by card when it was already supposed to take off from Roissy, "yeah it's delayed, gimme your card and go hurry up to the tarmac its there" or something along those lines; of course had to borrow bros macawis etc when I arrived home since the luggage had to be retrieved days laters at their office in downtown Jabuuti.

I seldom complain about that as long as safety is ok and not overcharged (it was cheaper than air france).

Would have checked near Nice or Paris now, get bargain quality clothes etc but even easyjet seems not so cheap at times.

I understand xamar is around $400 more than jabuuti but I guess the separate return ticket betweem them is not very different.

STOIC   

NGONGE;899870 wrote:
To say "my wife", "my kids", "my mother-in-law" is vulgar and takes away the off-limits feel of said people. The point being, Stoic does not want to discuss "the kid" or "the grandmother" but rather the situation he found himself in.

It is of course different if we all knew the kid, the wife and the grandmother. In that case he would have said "tii xumayd so shaqadii kumay so noqon. So Cabdi yare igamay tegin. So kumaan dhawakhin. So hoyadiid telefoono xun igumay waalin. Ma waxay leeyiheen Saceed ilko caruur ma kursan karo?", etc, etc, etc...

p.s.

Mrs Stoic, Stoic Jnr and mother Stoic are not the ones I mention the Somali part and no insults uttered (or imagined) relate to any of these noble personages in my above lampoon. Shukran.

Haha I think Ngonge got it....Ibti read his words that explains everything and the way we refer to our familes

Ibtisam   

NGonge- The reality of course is I dont have to ask anyone for anything alhumdulilah- much less a bloody farah for a house. You better believe I aint living in no house in some other persons name. :P

^ are you not renting that bungalow horta? LOL

walalo IBZ, waale miyaad joogtay? i haven't seen you in ages? you know how somaliland is and how people can lose contact so easily.

hope everything is alright!

*Ibtisam;899891 wrote:
NGonge- The reality of course is I dont have to ask anyone for anything alhumdulilah- much less a bloody farah for a house. You better believe I aint living in no house in some other persons name.
:P

walalo IBZ,

don't make yourself so stiff and anti-social. its okay to trust people once in a while. some may claim i'm naive but i trust everyone and always look at the glass as a half full! then you learn from your mistakes and never repeat them. that's much better than being so freaking suspicious and building a fortress around yourself...... to protect yourself from perceived threats.....which never really manifest themselves.

NGONGE   

*Ibtisam;899891 wrote:
NGonge- The reality of course is I dont have to ask anyone for anything alhumdulilah- much less a bloody farah for a house. You better believe I aint living in no house in some other persons name.
:P

What's that got to do with the house being named after your man (even if YOU own it)? :D