Sign in to follow this  
Jaamac_Bootaan

The Best Way To Study For A Test

You know what I do? I do nothing just relax and do my thing and sleep very early.

Then I wake up at 5 or 6 o'clock take a long shower and eat a lot and.....study till I have to go to school.

It works for me...I've done that a couple of times and I got straight A's.

Maybe it will work for you...you do need a good pair of heavy balls to do that, cause if you oversleep than you got some serious PROBLEMS!!!

Nabad iyo Caano

PS: tell me if you have a good method of studying!

Macalin   

A Heavy breakfast stimualates the brains.....

However the simplest way to study for a TEST is to Do your H/W ontime,follow the Guide and Study Daily for 30minutes before that class!

And OH....one more thing BUG the prof that you are nt a native of this country and that you need Xtra Everytime :D:D Me No SPEAK ENGLISH

the best way to study (atleast for me) is first before studyin'...surround ma self wit junk food...candy, sodaz, chipz, (no coffee stainz da teeth)..make sure i'm energized at all timez...then just immerse ma self in ma studies..occassionally havin' to talk to myself if i don't understand...(i know itz wierd)...act like the book n' I are @ war...i'm very competitive (even if itz a book)

Blessed   

I mind map by drawing pics - pie charts word-graphs. I just can't remember whole paragrapgh of something but pictures always stay on my mind.

Pray - cos duca does work and make sure you chillout a bit - stress can actually make you forget things. ANd don't study with friends - thats the ultimate time waster. Once ya'll decided on what you need to know and how to go about - go your separate ways or you'll end up studying the cute guy in the next desk or what was on friends last night. You can still check up on each other..

Viking   

I don't think there's a 'good way', everyone has their own methods. In primary school, I studied with my favourite music in the background and it somehow worked. I then dropped the music later on and wrote down (very summarised) what I have read and then read my notes. Preferbly late at night so that I could read it in my dreams too. Might not work for another soul but did well for me.

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

As Ameenah said, making duah is the best method (along with the studying of course icon_razz.gif ). I have some duah's to help you with studying, insha Allah I'll post them when I have more time.

But I do find it best to summarise my notes onto cards...or reduce a whole years notes into two sides of A4 and just keep reading it again and again and taking it with me if I was going on a long bus journey or something...

Middle of the night is best too (at least for me) there is no one there to disturb or distract you...back at home everyone was always up by 5 or 6am

But there were some subjects I could never revise for, did anyone have that problem??? Like with English...I don't think I actually did any revision at all in high school and in college i did English lit...only thing I did was just read a lot of books...but no actual sitting down and making notes and stuff :confused: maybe its just me...

Ameenah you're totally right about praying, because knowing Ilaahay is there to protect you against that EVIL test makes you more confident and relaxed.

And about not studying with friends, it depends with kind of friends you have. If you have serious friends who are as motivated as you are, there's no problem. Of course you're gonna talk but at least you can test each other and ask questions to each other.

And if you feel insecure about the test than you can compare yourself with your friends from school.

No big deal, we do it all the time. After school get some pizza or whatever and go to someone's house and study till we drop or go to the library but that's boring and you can't discuss.

I hope some people will agree with me on this one.

Nabad iyo Caano

Iffah   

Some good tips there. What also works for me that has not been mentioned yet is using mnemonics..this helps me a great deal especially with the Sciences. Also, forming a study group is a good idea, but make sure they are people, who are as determined as you are. Then divide the chapters and let each person read upon that chapter and share what they've learned with the group (you take notes if need be)...and make sure you make your 'alone' time to read over and let things sink in...don't just rely on what you've studied with the group.

Xaawo, talking to yourself isn't weird...I still do that (only when studying tho). I'd be pacing around the room and repeating things to myself during exam weeks :D

N.O.R.F   

1) Make dua and pray on time!!!!!

2) Read the text at yr own pace (time management essential)

3) Get up early, do yr reading, take a break in mid afternoon, go see freinds and fam, then do some more in the evening/before bed,,,,,,repeat everyday

On the day of exam, eat eggs for breaky ;) , u will wizz thru the paper with no probs,,,,,

The best way to study for a test?

GO TO CLASS!

Read the chapter before going to class.

Participate in class.

Do the assignments.

Write everything down in short forms (ie. on note cards, printout, etc).

Do not eat too much junkfood because after the sugar high, comes the LOW. Besides, its not healthy, eat the right food.

Exercise before the exam.

All these worked for me last semester.

Assalamu aleykum wr. wb.

I think it's great topic and it helps to read different ways of studying for an exam becouse then either U can relate to some of the ways to study or U can be inspired by them and try.

Personally, I'm the laysiest student ever, but I find my selv lucky, some how I make through exams. I can't make my selv go to the desk, sitt and stay reading, I feel like going to the toilet or to the kitchen to get food or just "look shortly" on the TV. the weirdest things come to my mind.

Result being, having really SHORT time reading for exam (a day or two). can some 1 relate to that and maybe give me advice!!

Stre8 C-student(who wants to aprove)

Raxmah   

Salaams

It always helps me remember using the 5 rs when reading text. Read, Recite, “Rite”, Reflect and Review: It helps understand the usual boring books and do well on exams. Also taking good notes and asking questions really helps.

i did a little of observation on myself, i went through a midterm session without reading Quran, and one with reading Quran. difference was crazy i mean aver. of B+ on non Quran reading session and A on the Quran reading session.

when i mean reading Quran, i mean reading as well as reflecting on the ayas.

peez

reading the qu'ran is a good thing. you shouldn't be reading the qu'ran only when you have tests.

i would say the best way to study for a test is, to read the material the day before the actual test. that might not sound very clever to some people, but let me tell you this. when i was attending school (20yrs ago) the best way i could get a passing grade was to study the material just the day before the test took place. in that way, the studying is very fresh in your brain and you can think of answers very quickly.

but i understand some people have a different ways of preparing for tests.