Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Saada Cali declares war on Dahabshiil.

N.O.R.F   

MMA, of course the queue would be longer for Barakaat in Toronto heh.

The last poster, if your choice to use other companies is based on cost fine. However I think others just can't see past their petty tribal prejudice.

^LoooooooooooooooooooooL.....abkoo axmed bas hee duqa, I even agree with MMA Barakaat had bigger share of the market till Bush's war on terror shut them down.

P.S. MMA, Barakaat had their hand in a lot other things and businesses.

PSS Politicizing business enterprises is bad idea and won't serve anybody.

The Zack   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Maha waxey qarsato anyway^^^

Taleexi; I agree but I think at a certain age you need to take a backseat.

Ibtisam, are you suggesting that Saado drinks or gets high? Ma qarsato kulahaa..ma adey kuu sheegtay tolow?

Norf, Barakaat was way wealthier than Dahabshiil and any other money tranfer Somali company before it has been addedto that darn list. Waligey ma maqal 2001kii ka hor aa?

Somalina   

lol@ this thread. NOOOOOO it is NOT, erh ....YEEEEEEES it is SO....lee la is weydaarsanooyaa..

Anywho, Saado Ha Noolato! magaceedana yaan dheel dheel meel looga dhicin haddaan la rabin Aaliyyah seefteeda. icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

Zack, its true. I had never heard of Barakaat pre 2001 (then again I didn't pay much attention to Somali affairs back then). I met the owner on a plane trip to the UK a few years ago. Good chap.

Ibtisam   

^^^The exactly what I meant, she didn't tell me, but wanna arkey, for she like most Somalis cannot control herself when under the influence, I have seen both iyaad iyo Maryan Mursal off their heads and dacdacya on stage. So don't bite my head off, its just the way it goes, maybe it is a surprise to you, but most IF not all in the entertainment business wey ku duuftan. :cool:

As for the other Debate: Dahabshill was more popular in Europe, Particularly the UK & Holland and the Barakat more popular in Canada, America was sort of shared and no one was in Asia. This followed the lines of Somali migration, Dahabshill was known and used by his community to start with from 1989-1994 (typical word of mouth, service offered to only people who were trusted, I even remember you had to give your first 3 clan, sub clan names so the right person can be identified to give the money, rapid expansion between 1994-1998 and then after that it went global in every village. Likewise Barakat unlike Dahabshil was a shareholding company (at least int he UK) and people (UK) trusted them because they were waadaado, not because they were known, I'm sure in Canada they were used because it was hebel iyo hebel business)

Now Dahabshil has broken into the none-Somali market (Aisa and South Africa ciid la ma leeh) construction, investments, Micro lending, banking and all sort of other things, which even if all Somalis don’t use him no more CAN and will sustain the company. So basically he can do what he wants and support who he likes, miyaad cawriyi miis cirkaad bal soo riidi? :D:DSo let’s do the chorus for Saad Ali “haa diigin, ha diigin, Somaaali ha diiga” icon_razz.gif

Qaran (in the UK at least) is improving since one of Dahabshills key UK Managers switched over, but they have a loyal following, and as the only xawal willing to take the risk of having sub branches in tahrib areas, they are relevant and very useful.

EDIT: and before you ask YES it is because he is from near BURCO and Qaran has 5% Burco ownership. Long live Burco. Amen

Oz   

^^^^ Waxaas odhan aad qortee is because his from near BURCO?? :D:D

Ps: Saado should back up her allegations. Stuff and nonsense.

Dhahabshiil do good things, guys stop the nacnac.

Chimera   

The world sabotages the country

The country sabotages me

Me and the country sabotage the clan

The clan and I sabotage the family

The family and I sabotage my brother/sister

I sabotage myself.

sick of it

Family-Guy-Vomit.gif

Blessed   

Indeed, Ibts. Long live Burco, shar gudban, shaydaan xijaaban. Baryahan reer SOL Burco ayay ku af baranayaan, waa nala dul dhigtay si fiican. Bool Shidh!! Waa in aynu bisinka qabsana kii wagar-ka ahaana boodhka ka jafnaa. :mad:

^Had I not known you personally - I would have added you to qabiilist list for your above outbursts icon_razz.gif - but given the fact Mr. Mohamed Dahabshiil shares more than Burco with you - I can understand where you are coming from. But you need to separate the man and the business. Although he is the owner, he is not the only Somali to depend on the business for their daily bread.

SOL Somalis are selective with facts and figures - nothing new there - it’s only a facaa iska celi mentality on overdrive.

I remember the first time I used Xawaalada Dahabshiil in 1996 back in the day when it was known as Dhiigshiil and you are right they used to ask the clan names of recipients as form of social address and I have being using it ever since. I am now loyalty card carrying customer and that is down to relation that I have with their branch in Qardho more than anything else. That branch and the person that runs have been good to my family especially to my elderly mother.

As for Saado Cali - reer waqooyi or as they prefer to be called SLanders - should be the last people on earth that should be criticising her or exposing her supposed bad habits -

Ibtisam   

^^^I have no problem with Saado ali, now or ever, I like her old music, I think she use have a fab voice and very good actor. I just feel sorry that her personal battle with Dahabshill bey SOL boys daaba qabsaadey.

Sayid, It is not an outbursts, it has more facts that this whole thread combined. After all you know I grew up in the heart of the Xawal since in the UK, midkast I had some sort of dealing with it at one point or another, and I like them all for one reason or another, hence why I don't have a loyalty card to either. :D

P.s. I resent the underhanded of reer waaqooyi "ha arkaan sida saado ugu hiilisay xiligii ay *F*a*q***uutu joogtey" this is not a reer waaqooji Vs Saado Ali

Hey Blessed ma agratey, I went off SOL for a while and came back and Burco aya meel kasta la jiid. I blame it on that toothless Ngonge, iyo North, maxey daddk iska reebey wayen? :mad: :D It is all Salianyos fault.