Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

(R.I.P) Jaalle Siyaad on 1978 Soviet Threat to Somalia

Abtigiis   

What is not in dispute is that Siyaad's vision for Somalia was the right one. He wanted a secular, strong and unfied nation.

But his ways of attaining that are questionable. He thought he was indispensible and that was his biggest undoing.

Abdirisaq Xaji Xussen and Adan Cadde madax fiican oo Somaliyeed ayey ahaayeen. Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke waxba kama sheegi karo oo xog badan kama hayo, laakin judging by the persona of his son Omer Buur nin fiican inuu ahaa ayeey iila muuqataa.

Laakin Yey iyo rer-jaqaaq slay him on a broad day light.

And he killed what he wanted by his own hands ,,,,,

Let's just leave the dead here ...... as i said before, Jaalle Siyaad nin rag ah buu ahaa

Paragon   

Zack, Allamagan, Nasir iyo Dabshid - war nimanyahow ragga hantatacdooda marnaba yaanan lala yaaban, sababtoo ah, waa kuwii iyaga ay reerahoodu (AUN)Siyaad Barre ku kaceen, oo weli dhaansan cuqdad iyo waxaan nin ragga qaadin. Duf ku baxa.

PS: The man was human, afterall, and human can make some errors. Just like NGONGE suggested, with the praise there comes (sometimes lopsided) ciriticisms informed by deep-seated hatred.

Haddii daacad la yahay, let them even admit that the man's rise to the helm was due to his patriotic disgust at the corruption that was rotting the entire nation. And rise to the helm, was a nationalistic duty I fully endorced and endorced till now. Let others bleet - but he will be remembered as a legend in our history books.

Ask the people of Mogadishu what he held at bay from them. They shall tell you in unmistakable words.

May God grant Siad Barre His forgiveness. Amin.

maya awoowe,

Zack, Allamagan, Nasir iyo Dabshid odagay la dhacsanyihiin

aniga, iyo ninka reer fat stone, dhexdhexaad baan ahaynoo runtaan ka sheegnayn, rag carrabka ku adkeeyeyna waa jireen

marka maxay tahay meeshaad la martay iyo hadalka geranalizing ka ah ee soo tuurtay, hadaba?

Paragon   

There is no generalising, but a global view of the contra views expressed.

Based on a tested mapping theory. Predictability is key factor, you see.

October wali lama gaarine, muxuu yahay damaashadkan soo hor maray? :D Odaygaa warkiisa inaad iska daysaan wax ka roon ma leh. Soomaali qofba fikirka uu ka qabo qof badali kara ma leh, regardless how much one tries to portray his legacy.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by TheParagon:

Haddii daacad la yahay, let them even admit that the man's rise to the helm was due to his patriotic disgust at the corruption that was rotting the entire nation.

Many that have replied here, with some achieving it disingenuously, would applaud a repainting of history in which the era of "I am 35 with 35 million shillings to my name" is masqueraded as a grand Victorian period of civil form of leadership giving honor to the notions of democracy and corruption-free existence. Perhaps, and I would freely admit, there is cause to criticize the tenure of Barre as head of state of the then Somali Republic but this was leadership stretching to decades and should not have an opportunity to question the reasons why the nation sought fit to end the era of the early 60's.

With respect to the legitimacy of the nature and circumstance surrounding the occurrence of the coup one October 21, 1969, the Somali national can only recall the joyous response of the civilian population of the then Republic to the radio announcements of siinaan, midnimo, cadaadalad, and horumar to calmly see the devaluation of any revision of history with respect the era preceding the coup.

Despite what may have transpired and in the final scheme of things I think most Somalis now realize the implosion of the Somali state was inevitable. The coup might have continued on the experiment of Somali state in a venue of controlled authority, but ultimately what was prevented by a military coup in 1969 became realized in 1991 with the proliferation of majority heinous criminals riding on the coattail of tribe as a vehicle with which to encapsulate power they knew not what to do with or use in any capacity to function and organize. As a result, Siad Barre is an easy scapegoat for the failure and primitive nature of the rebels, for after all he was an autocrat with supreme power, even if Somalia post-Barre has experienced a time frame equal to that presided over by the late president with an overwhelming majority of maneuvering having the distinction of being judged independent of the Barre past.

May I also add how ironic it is to witness loyal advocates of Abdullahi Yusuf, a self-confessed total and abject failure in his quest to preside over Somali leadership and who for that matter is recorded via internet platforms such as youtube showing remorse for what he calls the tribal revolt he committed against a unified Somali state demoralized by a massive international defeat in war, sit there and toe lines even the rebels they supported have renounced. It is, by all nature and measure, an arrogant form of ignorance.

It is also refreshing to behold the nature of Barre and his leadership becoming more and more apparent to the younger generation. Just recently, it was not wholly surprising to come across members of the younger generation peddling misinformation indulged to them by parents and family members who themselves where under misinformation peddled to them by clan rebels riding on the tails of their illiteracy and ignorance. It is a wonderful testament to the technological advances of the modern era that our younger Somali generation can now witness not only the Somalia we had an opportunity to witness but the nature and self-correcting false realities about personalities and individuals perpetuated by ignorance, clannish malice, and massive illiteracy of the older generations; all this being achieved in the prism of computer bedrooms and equal opportunity internet platforms.

I was under the impression that our friend Gabal has retired from this platform. I guess one can hardly resist a discussion that revolves around a man whose legacy he is protective of.

Originally posted by Gabbal:

quote:

Originally posted by TheParagon:

Haddii daacad la yahay, let them even admit that the man's rise to the helm was due to his patriotic disgust at the corruption that was rotting the entire nation.

Many that have replied here, with some achieving it disingenuously, would applaud a repainting of history in which the era of "I am 35 with 35 million shillings to my name" is masqueraded as a grand Victorian period of civil form of leadership giving honor to the notions of democracy and corruption-free existence. Perhaps, and I would freely admit, there is cause to criticize the tenure of Barre as head of state of the then Somali Republic but this was leadership stretching to decades and should not have an opportunity to question the reasons why the nation sought fit to end the era of the early 60's.

With respect to the
legitimacy
of the nature and circumstance surrounding the occurrence of the coup one October 21, 1969, the Somali national can only recall the joyous response of the civilian population of the then Republic to the radio announcements of
siinaan, midnimo, cadaadalad, and horumar
to calmly see the devaluation of any revision of history with respect the era preceding the coup.

Despite what may have transpired and in the final scheme of things I think most Somalis now realize the implosion of the Somali state was inevitable. The coup might have continued on the experiment of Somali state in a venue of controlled authority, but ultimately what was prevented by a military coup in 1969 became realized in 1991 with the proliferation of majority heinous criminals riding on the coattail of tribe as a vehicle with which to encapsulate power they knew not what to do with or use in any capacity to function and organize. As a result, Siad Barre is an easy scapegoat for the failure and primitive nature of the rebels, for after all he was an autocrat with supreme power, even if Somalia post-Barre has experienced a time frame equal to that presided over by the late president with an overwhelming majority of maneuvering having the distinction of being judged independent of the Barre past.

May I also add how ironic it is to witness loyal advocates of Abdullahi Yusuf, a self-confessed total and abject failure in his quest to preside over Somali leadership and who for that matter is recorded via internet platforms such as youtube showing remorse for what he calls the tribal revolt he committed against a unified Somali state demoralized by a massive international defeat in war, sit there and toe lines even the rebels they supported have renounced. It is, by all nature and measure, an arrogant form of ignorance.

It is also refreshing to behold the nature of Barre and his leadership becoming more and more apparent to the younger generation. Just recently, it was not wholly surprising to come across members of the younger generation peddling misinformation indulged to them by parents and family members who themselves where under misinformation peddled to them by clan rebels riding on the tails of their illiteracy and ignorance. It is a wonderful testament to the technological advances of the modern era that our younger Somali generation can now witness not only the Somalia we had an opportunity to witness but the nature and self-correcting false realities about personalities and
individuals perpetuated by ignorance, clannish malice, and massive illiteracy of the older generations
; all this being achieved in the prism of computer bedrooms and equal opportunity internet platforms.
Here we go again. Now we can start from the beginning again. Another worshiper of dictators. Who is living in denial and is trying to defend when there is nothing to defend. There is nothing that history will defend on the part of that dark period of the Somali history, cause non is left from it. Someone earlier said, the legacy of Siad Barre(AUN) speaks for itself.

Ironicly, most people from the former regime I meet here in town are illiterate high officers from the former regime full of clan hatred, ignorance. The likes of Xoosh. They havent learned anything from history. They still have the same vieuws and lack for reality as in the '80. It doesnt suprise the Somali State was completely destroyed under their watch.

And dont compare Abdullahi Yussuf with a dictator. Yusuf was elected by the a Parlement and later again removed by that same Parlement and he left. He hasnt murdered anyone who came across his way. He helf ***** meetings and press conferences with his enemies in the goverment. He didnt arrest, tortured and killed them.

I applaud Siyad Barre's vision of secular government. But he'll always be remembered by most Somalis - and rightly so - as the most divisive, despotic, debauched politician to rule former Somalia. Adan Adde and Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke, their minor political problems notwithstanding, were saints compared to him.