Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Ramadan is around the corner!

Jacpher   

Ready for Ramadan 1427/2006?

It is that time of the year again. Ramadan is about six or so weeks away. May Allah allow us to reach the blessed month of Ramadan in good Iman and health. This is a good time to reflect the changes you made since last Ramadan or any plans for the upcoming Ramadan. Also, a make up time for missed fasting days. It’s a noble opportunity for us to attain and maintain a close relationship with Allah by increasing our cibadah in this holy month.

Ramadan is the time of the year to renew your faith, self-control & character, generosity, attitude in life and most of all renew your Iman. Another opportunity of this magnitude may never knock on your door again. Don’t let the sacred month down or pass you idly. Roll up your sleeves get ready to welcome it as many of us who prayed Taraweeh with us last Ramadan aren’t around this time.

Please share your Ramadan Checklist or Resolutions. Anyone with plans for Ramadan in Masjid Haram?

American Ramadan: Documentary about Ramadan

Taraweeh with Sh. Sudais

me   

When I was young, I used to know months in advance when Ramadan was coming, now it just hits me, someone tells me that Ramadan is starting today and I start fasting.

Anyhow, it just ain't the same as Ramadan back home :(

bilan   

the other day i was looking back previous ramadans, and it is really sad but the truth is i never did more than fasting, i did not take advantage the holy month;however this ramadan i am determined to pray tarawih at the masjid and do more than fasting.it is really hard to be good muslim in this society.

me   

I also fast and I pray only maghreb during Ramadans. I know its sad and I should do more. This year I will do more inshalah. I don't know if I will do all the taraawiix. I will atleast go for praying 5 times a day and not missing laylatun qadr this year.

I used to have a mosque I always went to and it was my community and in ramadans we always came together and I felt a part of that community, I have moved to another town and since I moved, I haven't been to a mosque. Its time I made myself acquinted with my new town.

Ramadan Kariim people. Start cleaning up the soul.

me   

Ok question.

I heard that Muslims in the southern hemisphere ( South Africa and Australia) were allowed to break their fast before sun sett because of the long days. Is this true? Or do they also keep to the, sun rise till sun sett fasting?

This is importnat in 2 years time Ramadan will be falling in the heat of the summer.I don't know if I can handle 14 hour fasting.

If we are not allowed tobreak the fasting earlier, the people in Northern Norway & Sweden will have trouble with fasting, the sun never setts there in the summer.

Rahima   

^ In Australia we did used to fast the full 14 hours, it isn’t that hard really you get used it. It only got hard when it was like 38 degrees and you had to attend school.

But in places where the sun does not set, I’m sure the ruling would be different.

Johnny B   

38 degreez and a beach at sight , yet go hungery and dull , only Rahima can withstand the temptations of warm hot-dogs on winter nights. :D

Miriam1   

Yep Ramadan is coming, exicited about it, since a new masjid opened right infront of my house, eases tarawiix prayers and increases the feel of a true community since its you and all you neighbours praying together

Frankly, one shouldn't expect to keep the same spiritual level without determination and consistency just like a garden require constant upkeep in order not to degrade.

As a matter of fact, renouncing to congregational prayers at the mosque was, in my case, the first step toward neglecting Salat before abondoning it altogether.

However, I've profited from the last summer Islamic conferences and the following Ramadan to discipline myself.

Indeed a little perseverance and determination go a long way towards fighting Kuffar's countries loss of sense of purpose and, gradually, observing an Islamic way of life become a second nature.

Last but not least, one should never overlook the importance of constantly staying in touch with the right people (ideally in the Masajids)...

Originally posted by Rahima:

But in places where the sun does not set, I’m sure the ruling would be different.

I don't think any rulings exist for those places. Ramadaan is based on Sunset and Sunrise.

Yep, there are places in this world where the sun doesn't set for months on end. Check 'em out here:

Athropolis

Haneefah   

Yes, it is nearing us! And am I ever excited and preparing unlike ever before. Speaking of changes, perhaps the greatest change in my life occured post last ramadan. Thus, with sincere determination and immense consciousness, I intend to make this ramadan even more special and unique, Insha'Allah. I want to truly feel and experience every moment of it like never before, whilst being saturated in the shukr of Allah subhanahu wa tacala, bi idnnillah.

It is indeed a time where windows of remarkable opportunities open up for us, and the raxma of Allah descends upon us. A chance to truly discover the inner self, to cleanse the soul from the filth its been accummulating all year long, and to increase spiritual strength and energy.

To borrow the words of a shaikh who is so very dear to me, ramadan is about celebrating not eating to discover a joy and a pleasure not in the realm of the physical, but in the realm of the qalb, of the ruux or in the realm of the spiritual. So, bro's and sis's, let us take advantage of this amazing opportunity, liberate ourselves and discover the life and joy of the inner dimensions of ramdhan.

Advance ramadan kareem to everyone! smile.gif

PS: I have often times dreamt of praying behind shaikh Sudais in masjidul xaram, but unfortunately, he's no longer the imam there. :(:( Ya Allah, how I wish they'd bring him back just for this ramadhan.

me   

Rahima & SB,

I know Somali people in the North of Norway, they say that around this period the sun does't set. I mean we can not expect them not to eat or drink for a full month.

I believe there is a rulling that says if it exceeds 12 hours that the fast can be broken and it was made by some scholars in South Africa, anyhow I am not sure so I am asking the SOL wadaads. help us out here we are in 'doubt'.

N.O.R.F   

I'm hoping they finish the brand new mosque nearby before Ramadan insha allah.

Contemplating a dash for Umrah in the last week of Ramadan. Visas not accepeted if passport has less than 6 months before expiry :rolleyes:

Less than 4 weeks to go.