Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Ramadan is around the corner!

Baashi   

Looking forwad to this Ramadan. I'll be at home sweet home. I'll make up Insha'Allah all the lectures and trawiix I've missed last year.

Ms DD   

What Should We Do in Ramadan?

There are some important things that we should do during Ramadan to take better advantage of this month and to achieve its real purpose, namely, taqwa. These are some reminders and they are all taken from the guidelines given to us in the Qur’an and Sunnah.

1. Niyyah (intention): Remind yourself again and again that you are fasting in obedience to Allah. Be sincere in your intention. You want Allah to accept your fasting. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“Whosoever fasts in Ramadan with faith and seeking Allah’s reward, all his past sins will be forgiven.” (Al-Bukhari)

2. Sunnah: Observe the Sunnah in fasting. Take the sahur meal a little before dawn and end your fast at sunset. Observe all the rules of fasting.

3. Wara’ (avoiding everything haram or makruh): Be conscious to have halal food, halal income, halal relations. Avoid watching bad TV programs, videos, movies, etc., always, but especially during this month. Keep your body and mind very clean. Avoid wasting your time in useless things and pursuits.

4. Qur’an: Spend more time with the Qur’an. Read Qur’an every day. Try to finish the whole Qur’an at least one time during this month in your own personal reading. Read some Hadith and the books of seerah.

5. Prayer, supplication, and remembrance of Allah: Pray on time and observe all Prayers. Do not ignore the Tarawih Prayers. Make more supererogatory prayers. Do as much worship as you can. Do more dhikr (remembrance of Allah) and du`aa’ (supplication) for yourself and for others. Make tawbah (repentance) and istighfar (request for Allah’s forgiveness) as much as you can. This is the best time for devotion and seeking Allah’s forgiveness. Seek the Night of Qadar by special devotion during the last 10 nights of this month.

6. Zakah, charity, and generosity: Be very charitable and generous. Give more and more to help the poor and needy, and to help good social and community projects. Be good to your friends and neighbors also. Let your non-Muslim neighbors and co-workers know that this is your blessed and sacred time.

7. Good behavior and relations with others. Try to be extra kind and courteous during this month. Forget your quarrels and disputes. Reconcile and forgive. Do not get involved in backbiting, lying, cheating, and anything that is wrong. Be very good to Muslims and to all human beings.

8. Reflection: Think, reflect, and plan to improve the moral and spiritual condition of your own self and your family. Think about any wrong things and sins you may have been doing and correct yourself. Think about any deficiencies you have in your Islamic observances and plan to change yourself. Think what you can do for the Ummah and for humanity to make this world a better place for everyone.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/Ramadan/Heart_Softening/School/10.shtml

Ms DD   

Everyone has his or her little weaknesses, whether it is the morning cups of coffee that help you to open your eyes, or your cigarettes (which you shouldn’t be smoking). In either case, if your system depends on them, you have to go through a weaning period before Ramadan by trying to decrease your intake of caffeine or nicotine; otherwise the first days of Ramadan will be tough. In the case of nicotine, wean yourself now and determine to give them up completely and forever in Ramadan. ...

If you are on medication, it is imperative that you consult your doctor to see if you are permitted to fast and whether you need to reschedule your medication.

Prepare yourself now so you can have a happy prosperous Ramadan!

N.O.R.F   

I have postponed the start of my football season :D

Been training steady for the past month and will use it (the training) in Tarawix instead :cool:

Ms DD   

Salaam aleykum North

Training how? for football? And how will this help for taraweeh?

I have started fasting today and I am already suffering. I keep fantasising about me attacking one juicy hamburger. I dont even like the stuff! How can I last till 8pm tonite?

Ms DD   

lool. If grandmas and grandpas could do it with their soft, old and weak untrained calves, so could you.

N.O.R.F   

My only problem will be choosing which mosque to pray in every night.

But will make sure to take the family

on a regular basis :cool:

N.O.R.F   

^^Thats Shiekh Salah Bukhaatir (you probably know Ahmed Bukhaatir - his brother).

We have a reduced working day (6hrs from 9/10) and people are generally not in working mode. I will probably start earlier and finish earlier.

Nephissa   

Another one is coming in few days, it seems like yesterday when we celebrated Eid, walahi time flies. Allah kheyrkisa hana soo aadiyo, and may he make it easy upon our brothers in captivity and suffering in Somalia. May he also bring next Ramadan while the mother-land is in a state of honour and victory.

Ramadan Karem everyone.