AYOUB

Lascaanod Liberated!!

ElPunto   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

Interesting, very interesting....

Let me ask one or two Q's..

1. Do the signatures of Lascaanod elders who took part in the Burco Conference of 1991 mean anything? That's what ended the civil war in that part of the world as far as I can remember. Which means the reer Sool who still honour what they signed as men of integrity not traitors.

It has been superceded/nullified by the arrangement to set up the Puntland regional government. Whatever party was part of the Burco conference subscribed to peace and reconciliation not secession.

2. As far as you guys are concerned, what's the argument against Somaliland for reer Lascaanod apart from... you've guessed it H-ism? I didn't see this much wailing when Cadde Muuse and Yey brought Ethio troops to Gaalkacyo. I didn't see this much wailing when US bombers were dropping bombs in Bari on behalf of the above no so gentle men? Toxic waste dumping? Deforestation? Apart from clannish pride, what the argument against Somaliland? Lascaanod will (inshallah) be ruled by elected local officials under Somaliland just Borama or any other town.

The argument is simple. The residents there overwhelmingly do not share Somaliland's political and ideological agenda. It has been repeatedly rejected. Given that - a decent neighbour does not fund and incite thugs(in addition to its own army) in order to force its agenda despite the rejection. So what exactly are you going on about? Listen to Xiin and celebrate, if you're that pathetic, in secret.

AYOUB   

*edited

And I am not making this up adeer. The bond this community has with Boosaaso clans is quite natural, and, with the absence of Somali state, constitutes the default political arrangement in that region.

Xiin, Sool, Sanaag, Togdheer etc are multy clan as any part of Somaliland. Some people in there might have - you put it - a "clan bond" with Boosaaso while others don't. Bear that in mind. Some natives of this region have "clan bond" with Diridawa. Some Somalilanders have "clan bond" with Cali Sabhiix in Djibouti. Lascaanod is not special in this respect. As much as I appreciate your honesty, it's still kinda ironic to see you're using the "bond" reasons that caused dismantling of Rep of Somalia in the first place as excuse for keeping me out of Lascaanod. ;) If you ask me, the Colonels and Generals from your neck of woods use this "clan bond" to send their malitiamen to Lascaanod and other "excuses" to send the same malitias to Baidoa, Xamar, Kismaayo etc etc. It's never their fault and they always come up with defending themselves when people resist them.

BTW - Any attempt on Q #1?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by AYOUB:

^^ Sool, Sanaag, Togdheer etc are multy clan as any part of Somaliland. Some people in there might have - you put it - a "clan bond" with Boosaaso while others don't. Bear that in mind. Some natives of this region have "clan bond" with Diridawa. Some Somalilanders have "clan bond" with Cali Sabhiix in Djibouti. Lascaanod is not special in this respect. As much as I appreciate your honesty, it's still kinda ironic to see you're using the "bond" reasons that caused dismantling of Rep of Somalia in the first place as excuse for keeping me out of Lascaanod.
;)
If you ask me, the Colonels and Generals from your neck of woods use this "clan bond" to send their malitiamen to Lascaanod and other "excuses" to send the same malitias to Baidoa, Xamar, Kismaayo etc etc. It's never their fault and they always come up with defending themselves when people resist them.

BTW - Any attempt on Q #1?

I can't help you with comprehension or reading difficulties vis-a-vis Q #1. It has been clearly addressed above.

The argument is not based on any clan bond. Again - one wonders if you READ and then COMPREHENDED what I wrote. The argument against Somaliland is the opposition of the vast majority of SSC folks to the core political basis of Somaliland - which is that of secession. Simple as that. And please if we confine ourselves to Sool only - people know who inhabits that place - one hardly needs a demographics lesson from you. Where you got "clan bond" and "excuse for keeping me out" when I have made no mention of those things tells me a lot about your mindset.

Ayoub..Isn't Somaliland the product of clan movement (SNM)?. "Clan bond" was the backbone of SNM. It is rather ironic you accuse of others following "clan bond" while you owe your very existence to "clan bond".

As for Pland, nobody denies it is clan entity. It was by design meant to be that till a legitimate Somali government that treats all citizens fairly and justly is erected. And it is worthy mentioning reer Sool were of the building blocks of this entity. And this fact seems to lost on many people. They were neither coerced nor forced to join it.

Even if we are to take Pland out of the picture, it is abundantly clear that reer Sool are against the secessionist cult movement and are for united Somalia. Hired guns from Sool wouldn't change that simple fact just as Xildhibaano and TFG ministers from NortherWest wouldn't change Somaliland's drive for independence.

Peace and mutual respect is what could save northern Somali tribes from each other. Anyone that undermines that will turn this region into another southern Somalia.

As for Pland forces elsewhere, I think most sane Planders would agree that they have no business doing fighting on behalf of treacherous entity. Pland however has never imposed itself on the lands of its neighboring Somali tribes in case point southern Galkayo and Mudug.

P.S. No one is keeping from Las Anod as long as you come in peace. I'm sure you wouldn't want me to come to Burco with all my guns.

AYOUB   

^^ Adeer the SNM ceased to exist in Burco 91 hence the likes of Fuad Aadan Cadde leading Somaliland today. The man lost his brother among others to the SNM but he kept his word and integrity. You can't play "clan bond", "islamic court", "somalinimo" depending what arguments you're trying to win. SNM is no more, what are the likes of Xiin gonna ditch?

The Point

The above response was meant for Xiin not you. Dukhsi ha noqon waa ku sidee sxb? smile.gif

Anyways, let me ask you this, Somali flag has 5-edged stars symbolic of Somalia, Somaliland, Djibouti NFD and KILIL5 right? Are you saying you believe the self-determination of people the rest of these lands and not Somaliland? May be you're saying KILIL5 and NFD should be split according to clannish sentiments too? You can't keep shifting goal posts. If the majority of Somalilanders were pro unity with the south none of you would give a second thought about my views nor reer Saylac clannish bonds with Djibouti, would you?

As for Puntland superseding what the Lascaanod elders signed in Burco in 1991, how? Somaliland joined the union as a whole and came out as a whole with the approval of all the clans that reside in it, did it not? The blame for what's going on in Lascaanod lies squarely on those double-dealing elders dishonouring what they've signed and no-one else.

laters inshallah ..

LoooooooL@SNM ceased at 91. That's besides the point. They are part of the very foundations of Somaliland. But I agree with the double dealing by reer Sool greedy so called politicians partly to blame for today's debacle.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Oodweyne

Did I wake myself earlier than usual, run to catch a bus, squeeze into a crowded train and skip the stairs at work four at a time

Two steps saxib, two steps. Lets not do a filin mareekan here :D

Do carry on chaps,,,,,

Cige   

Las Anod is libearted and should stay with Somaliland why? because it belongs to SL.

SL now should concentrate onbadhan and Las-qoray to accompolish the mission and secure the Eastern frontier.

hold on, where is Makhir State? should they join newly libearted Las anod or..? :rolleyes:

Cige   

sister, I'm not talking Rubbish. i'm talking the Daraawiish point of view who want burco to get help in order to liberate their city from MJ bandists.

these darawishs are now controlling Las anod the SL backers are outskirts and cann't enter the city. this is thereality Sis.