AYOUB

Lascaanod Liberated!!

NGONGE   

It was an introductory PM. We have not yet delved into the realms of rehabilitation. Still, as I try to do with everything, I shall try to receive all he imparts with an open mind. :D

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Paragon:

I will tell you one thing guys. Both sides face two limitations. Puntland faces limitations of fighting men and Somaliland of arms -if it were to engage in a long protracted war. This current tension is not destined to be long.

Puntland has more then enough troops sxb. How many men and technicals are just in Buhoodle for example that didn't enter yesterday's conflict? SL took advantage of the situation, and hired some jiri cats.....besides it was smart move to pull out and not fight....the city destruction and deaths is somthing important to Puntland....but not SL it has nothing to lose here....Puntland has to play smart and play its cards right.

Paragon   

^^I doubt it, Khalaf. Haven't you heard of the 60 reer Sool TFG men who escaped from Mogadishu? It was in the news not long ago actually. That is how dire things are, Khalaf. That is why these men could not persevere while their own ground stood to attack. Unprotected. Not to mention their worst problem was wage-lessness. Adeer Yey hasn't been giving out their salaries, you see? So much for towing the line.

It is matter of either sacrifising the TFG or Reer SSC. I rather sacrifise the former rather than the latter.

P.S. Years of mismanagement and missappropiation of taxe monies, and not to mention complete lack of effective leadership has sink Pland into deep trouble.

Khalaf   

Paragonow: I said earlier and ill say it again, i respect SL, why? cause they are united in independence all of em....agree with it or be against it. This is what they want, and to get recgoniation SOOL and Sanaag is needed. Speaking in somali context: SOOL and Sanaag historically as Hergaysa iyo Burco historically in the somali context belong to certain clans...ie SOOL=Darwish.

i don't mean to sound offensive to my couzos lakiin maxa jira?....what is this talk about salaries....u need ina Yey, or the fat cat in Garoowe Muusa to pay you for you to defend your historic town of Laascaanod. war naga taaga.

Paragon   

^You want reer LaasCaano in ay Tooreey iska soo gooyaan to confront a tank? They can protect their city, but they need the weapons the tax collected from them was meant to buy sxb. They need that money to confront their opponents. What happened to 'we are the state of Puntland'?

Khalaf....You are taking things out of context. The point is Yeey's ascendence to Villa Somalia, and Cadde extremely corrupt nature has contributed or to put bluntly depleted the ability of Pland forces to withstand attacks from external/internal forces.

The failure in defending Sool squarely falls at the feet.

^^Khalaf is not in denial of that. He is rightly suggesting that past mistakes are irrelevant in this case; Somaliland, with the help of small (by all accounts) mercenaries who share neither blood nor ideology with it, has captured the city, and it’s quite gullible of it that it heeded that group’s calls.

One should not labor on whether Puntland’s leaders are corrupt or not if one sees the threat LA’s fall could pose to the unity of Somalia on a one hand, and the stability of the region itself on the other hand!

This is a serious matter as we are talking about war here. The last thing I expected there was an open war breaking out of the region. To be honest with you guys this has produced audible clannish sentiments that I have rarely heard in where I live. It has taken the oxygen out of other conflicts in certain circles. There has been, and there continue to be, gatherings and fundraising activities all around the Diaspora and a significant number of Somali community feel that their investment and stability has been unjustly disrupted. I feel their pain. I sympathize with them! Lest my posts give slightest impression of neutrality in this conflict in its current fashion, I am not. I want LA to return to Puntland groupings in the clannish sense, as Oodweyne would say. It’s their city and as far as I am concern SL has nothing to do with it. Discounting of course dreams about a phantom state whose borders would extend to and be erected on yesteryears colonial sketches. Such dreams are quite dangerous really. I would rather have larger groupings of Somalis than small enclaves, and I though PL and SL formula was not bad at all. The rest of the country is ablaze especially my hometown and the place I grew up, and I don’t wish for other stable regions to catch this fire. It’s really sad.

If you feel the way I do, pray for peace and just resolution for this city and its community. And if it comes to war, be on the side of the LA folks as long they are fighting to retain for what’s theirs!

Wa salaam yaa Jamaacah!

Khalaf   

Paragon and Che, i agree sxbyall on Yeey and corruption of Cade......but disagree with the rest, be assured puntland has more then the capability of men and money to defend itself in this case and it will. But as ive said earlier, SL wouldn’t dared to make this bold move into LA but they saw an opportunity provided by some hungriyal in LA and they took it. The problem started because some in Lascanood, felt left out from their fair share and discriminated against from Garowe, and thus allied themselves with SL...SL provided the chetta....and wants to use these cats to gain independence....

Paragon, what i don't want to see is: reer LaasCaano inn laka la gaato as is the case, u feel me? They should know where their loyalty is at....SL is about securing indpendence and i respect that, but what benefit is it for those from LA that ally with SL, even if they feel cheated at Garowe and the corruption of Cadde? The case in the North is completly different from the tribal conflicts in other areas of somalia, because if SOOL and Sanaag is secured, independence will be secured so it is said.

Edit: Xiin i completly missed your important post,as always well said adeer. Its unfrounate, but my attitude has always been and will always be, what happens is Gods Will.

AYOUB   

Interesting, very interesting....

Let me ask one or two Q's..

1. Do the signatures of Lascaanod elders who took part in the Burco Conference of 1991 mean anything? That's what ended the civil war in that part of the world as far as I can remember. Which means the reer Sool who still honour what they signed as men of integrity not traitors.

2. As far as you guys are concerned, what's the argument against Somaliland for reer Lascaanod apart from... you've guessed it H-ism? I didn't see this much wailing when Cadde Muuse and Yey brought Ethio troops to Gaalkacyo. I didn't see this much wailing when US bombers were dropping bombs in Bari on behalf of the above no so gentle men? Toxic waste dumping? Deforestation? Apart from clannish pride, what the argument against Somaliland? Lascaanod will (inshallah) be ruled by elected local officials under Somaliland just Borama or any other town.

Originally posted by AYOUB:

Interesting, very interesting....

2. ...I didn't see this much wailing when Cadde Muuse and Yey brought Ethio troops to Gaalkacyo. I didn't see this much wailing when US bombers were dropping bombs in Bari on behalf of the above no so gentle men? Toxic waste dumping? Deforestation? Apart from clannish pride, what the argument against Somaliland?

Or may be you have not heard one condemning Somaliland’s treacherous act on behalf of the Master itself yaa Ayoub 3 days ago :D ?

Adeer you are being pathetic here with your reasoning. I suggest you celebrate in secret :D , and out of this public forum, if all you can muster as a justification of your entity’s capture of LA is what you wrote above!

AYOUB   

^^ Is that all you can contribute yaa Xiin? Please try again, it's only 2 Q's...

Even on that illegal and immoral action (if true that is), Cadde Muuse and Yey are bigger culprits. You're not claiming Puntland is not guilty of this, are you? Which returns us back to square one; what apart from clannish pride?

^^If you did not get my point already I am suggesting the points you raised are frankly irrelevant to the issue at hand. The political stoogism you implied exists everywhere. The leaders that practice it do not have a particular clan nor belong to a specific region. Puntland has produced leaders that are guilty of many crimes. And there’s no escaping from that fact.

Now what we are talking about is the fall of LA, the dramatic invasion of SL army under the pretext of ‘locals are with us’, and the war that’s being planned! The locals, on both legal and moral grounds, have rejected Somaliland’s claim, with its current platform of separatism, on this region. Bribing few mercenaries will not change that political reality.

If you insist on understanding why this community is not part of your secessionism project, you need to learn some history. Dismembering Somalia on the basis on political grievances or, even worse, on the painful colonial legacy is not a popular proposition in those regions. And I am not making this up adeer. The bond this community has with Boosaaso clans is quite natural, and, with the absence of Somali state, constitutes the default political arrangement in that region. To ignore all these facts and merely fall for few shifty personalities with sizable militia is a desperate act, and quite frankly dangerous. That you want to intellectualize this silly episode is deceitful really yaa Ayoub! As long the issue of separatism drives your whole political spirit you just cant compete the loyalty and support of SOOL and SANAAG communities with Puntland, no matter how many opportunistic personalities you succeed to put in Somaliland’s column.

I am still praying for peace, and hoping the Riyaale admin will somehow become sensible, and give up on this dangerous gamble. But I can tell from what I am hearing, this could ignite a wider civil war in both inside PL and between PL and SL! And Somalis do not need that!