AYOUB

Lascaanod Liberated!!

me   

Dahia

-Since the time of the Daraawish struggle against colonialism.

-Since the resistance against the Xabash in Somali Galbeed.

-Since the resistance against the TFG and the Xabash invader in Xamar today.

me   

Originally posted by SheekhaJacaylka:

quote:Originally posted by me:

Mr. Me is saddend by the recent aggression by the secessionist militia. It is always a sad to see Somali blood spilled. The recent actions by the secessionist militia and the jubilations of the secessionist supporters in SOL will not last for long and I hope that the deepened rift between the people of Northern Somalia can be bridged. Most of us here know how clan sentiments work and how destructive they can be when unleashed. My only
hope
and
wish
now is that these clan sentiments that are running high at the moment can be channeled for the greater good of our nation.

I know you are sad coz many people didn't die during the short fighting.

again you called for a JUST WAR ,,,, and it didn't happen the way you wanted to be. Are you still calling for JUST WAR ?? mise waad ka noqotay ?
:D
Sheeka jacaylka I am a believer in self defence and the people of SSC have the right to defend themselves against secessionist agression. I am in no capacity to call for a war. But war is the only option that is left for the people of the SSC since the secessionist mafia choose the path of war and destruction. I have not called for war sheekhow, those in Hargeysa and Adis Abeba called for war.

me   

Originally posted by SheekhaJacaylka:

Ahhhhhhhh ,,, That is a relief ......

I can imagine that you would feel that way.

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by SheekhaJacaylka:

quote:

Originally posted by me:

Mr. Me is saddend by the recent aggression by the secessionist militia. It is always a sad to see Somali blood spilled. The recent actions by the secessionist militia and the jubilations of the secessionist supporters in SOL will not last for long and I hope that the deepened rift between the people of Northern Somalia can be bridged. Most of us here know how clan sentiments work and how destructive they can be when unleashed. My only
hope
and
wish
now is that these clan sentiments that are running high at the moment can be channeled for the greater good of our nation.

I know you are sad coz many people didn't die during the short fighting.

again you called for a JUST WAR ,,,, and it didn't happen the way you wanted to be. Are you still calling for JUST WAR ?? mise waad ka noqotay ?
:D
Sheeka jacaylka I am a believer in self defence and the people of SSC have the right to defend themselves against secessionist agression. I am in no capacity to call for a war. But war is the only option that is left for the people of the SSC since the secessionist mafia choose the path of war and destruction. I have not called for war sheekhow, those in Hargeysa and Adis Abeba called for war.
Just in case you want to edit ,,, :D

NGONGE   

Oodweyne,

I’m highly disappointed, saaxib. Did I wake myself earlier than usual, run to catch a bus, squeeze into a crowded train and skip the stairs at work four at a time, to come and read your reply this morning, only to be faced with this? Arr you cut my leg for nothing!

I like your stance on this issue. It’s clear and unambiguous. You may care for the sentimental ideas of saving lives, protecting property and loving your fellow human beings. But you don’t let it take precedent over your ultimate goal of believing in, protecting and lauding the country that is Somaliland. It’s a solid position to have and a principled one. However, when you start singing the praises of the Somaliland army I have to confess that I start to wonder at your seriousness and wisdom! Let me hasten to say that I don’t do so because I doubt the capabilities of said army but rather question your total belief in it.

There is nothing (much) wrong with being patriotic, jingoistic and banging the drum of wars. It’s to be expected in such a situation. Nevertheless, I’m sure you’ll agree that such feelings and actions reside at the lower end of any civilised discussion.

None of us are at the scenes of these events and therefore (one hopes), none of us have any direct influence on things (save for some Diaspora money sent to either side)! For that reason, I find the constant wailing that we’ve grown accustomed to in this forum (not to mention the incessant preening) extremely thoughtless. Still, wailing or preening is not a problem in themselves but, rather, the real problem is the way these emotions are displayed! Lets take you as an example. You talk about your faith in the Somaliland army and how you believe that it cannot be defeated by its foes! But you never deign to explain why you think so? Does Somaliland have more soldiers? Better fighting gear? Has it secretly received some American F16 or even second hand Russian MiGs? The least you could have done was to explain your reasoning, saaxib!

At any rate, even if the Somaliland army is as you say it is, have you no misgivings, doubts or worries? I got your overall message of course; things are fine and Somaliland has secured its disputed borders (and will remain so for the foreseeable future). Yet, is that the total sum of your analysis of the situation? Put some meat in those bones you’re throwing my way, saaxib! Take time out from your patriotic duty and view the situation with the dispassionate, tranquil and detached eye of an outsider or one with no vested interest on these events. Why do you believe that LA has been liberated? Since you have not expanded on your view of the Puntland army why do you assume theirs was not a tactical withdrawal instead of a shameful defeat? What would stop them from coming back to claim what they believe is theirs (other than the obvious answer of: our Somaliland brave boys, of course)?

We could either go with some understandable sentiment on this discussion or just leave that to the kids and try some rationality (as crazy as that would sound in Somali affairs). I hope you oblige me with the latter and cut down on the former of course.

NGONGE   

^^ I have replied. Is it me or have some of the faces in the gallery started twitching? :D

Here goes I to the dark side....

NGONGE   

^^ I have replied. Is it me or have some the faces in the gallery started twitching? :D

Here goes I to the dark side....

RedSea   

Originally posted by me:

hope
and
wish

That is coming from pro Siyad Barre, and pro the destruction of thousands of civilians who perished during his reign of terror. Good one mr.me..

Paragon   

I will tell you one thing guys. Both sides face two limitations. Puntland faces limitations of fighting men and Somaliland of arms -if it were to engage in a long protracted war. This current tension is not destined to be long.

NGONGE   

^^ Not according to my new guru :D

He has total faith in the Somaliland army and will tell me about it on PM soon. On a serious note, why do you think each side has these specific limitations that you mention?

Paragon   

^^Have you seen in the pictures how polished Somaliland military weaponry was? You know why? Because it has taken over 16 years to accumilate them into what they are. Buying such weaponry needs two things: strong budget and rogue friends. And with a small budget and few international states to buy tanks from. Men, it has but tanks it can't expend. Somaliland faces that limitation.

For Puntland, no fighting men are around even though the TFG can arrange the delivery of adequate weaponry. The men are either tied up in Mogadishu or due to Cade's admin corrupt-ness, none in their right mind would risk life to fight for it. So thats why they sprint at the slight hint of war. Thats also why only local militias have been left to do the job - that is not to mention that while these militia were face-to-face with Somaliland militia, they hardly got paid. Puntland is dry of men, and now money. Thats the limitation.

NGONGE   

^^ Fair enough. It makes perfect sense. Though, of course, I'll have to wait for my guru's take on your words. :D