Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland President Arrives Djibouti

Does this mean waddan kastaa u naageyn even Ethiopia to get the never-coming recognition? Please do explain this.

You have to tell us what "naagayn" means by example and then we can carry on from there.

But what I am saying is that, Somaliland's interests come first before anything else.

ally, It did take a clear position. There are only two choices here, either recognize it or not recognize it and Ethiopia doesn't recognize Somaliland as a state. And why pick on and be mad at Djabouti when it stands the same position Ethiopia does? I don't get it! It seems somehow Somalis think cheerleading for the Habashis is the way to go or in ay moodaan in Ethiopianku ay si uun u xoog badan yahiiin.

Obviously you do not know much regarding how far Djibouti has gone to oppose Somaliland. In 2000 for example, they sent an aircraft which flew over Hargeisa and dropped leaflets asking people to attend the Artha Conference and closed Somaliland's liason office there by kicking out SL Representative in her country. This came after Somaliland refused to attend that conference. But that is not all. Djibouti was the main reason why the Saudi Arabians enforced BAN on Somaliland's livestock and the end reason was to weaken Somaliland.

Djibouti threw all it could to de-rail Somaliland but after all that Somaliland is still here.

Ethiopia never done that.

To my knowledge, ONLF was never enemy to Somaliland until Riyale started to sell Somalis to Ethiopia claiming they are ONLF commanders. No onlf fighters go to Somaliland to have bases there or wage war from there to Ethiopia nor do they need to do that. What I know is young Somali fellows being captured and handed to Ethiopia trying to make Meles happy and you are telling me that is right? I thought Northwesterners didn't agree with that and It was Riyaale's idiotic moves. I guess I was wrong.

During the 1980s, ONLF was fighting on the side of the government forces. I think that should not scape your judgement. So, I don't think the ONLF had any possitive relations with Somaliland to begin with.

Besides that, Somaliland has made it clear that ONLF members should not seek Somaliland as a refuge. Somaliland doesn't want to become a launch pad for the destability of other neighboring states be it Djibouti, Somalia (Puntland) or Ethiopia or across the Gulf of Aden, Yemen.

There was only one confirmed case that Somaliland ever handed over an ONLF member and that took place in 1994. All the other cases are accusations and nothing confirmed.

Specialy the 2003 case where 21 young men belonging to clan of the ONLF were rounded up in Hargeisa and were accused of being members of ONLF. After a lenghty 2 year court battle, 20 of them were released free and 1 of them died as a result of natural cause.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby:

it seems every1 is in djibouti. Something is going down.

lol looba joogee hadda in la hor dhaco maahan.

Cirdey, Yey is being told the same lines that were told to Geedi a year ago. Simple is that. Waxaa loo sheegi doona inuu without condition iska tago inta anan xoog looga bixin Caruushana la geenin. Lets see which option he chooses.

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby:

it seems every1 is in djibouti. Something is going down.

yep something is going down. you will see once again another peace conference this time SL seriously taking up (filling) more seats in the peace conference. :D This time uncle sam himself is the chairman.

"Intay duushay ayeey Jabuuti ku degtay ayadoon meel kale gaarin"

Fabregas   

No, NO, I don't think there will be a peace conference. Uncle Sam will discuss/give instructions on how cimamad boys will/should be taken care off. Good chance for some to sign up and pocket some dollars, eh. ;)

^ Unlike Ethiopia uncle Sam's best interest towards Somalia is for Somalia to have stable and secular government. If they get red of Shababs then what? mission accomplished? No way, for sure Shababs will regroup themselves and come back stronger and this time with more local support. And then back to square 1. So Uncle Sam seems to have learned his previous stup1d mistakes better help/get somalia up on its feet once again or face its bad consequences. So lets see how theses games in Nairobi and Djabuti progress in the coming days and weeks ahead.

^ In politics, I don't think there is anything called friendship or foe. But there is a permanent "interest".

Somaliland and Ethiopia share interests. Somaliland wants to become an independent country, Ethiopia on its side wants to see Somalia divided. Ethiopia wants to have access to another port, Somaliland wants Berbera port to be utilised by Ethiopia and have access to Ethiopia market. Ethiopia and Somaliland want have a peaceful border where people and goods are transported freely.

So as you can see, there is no friendship as per-se, but there are matual interests. :D

Btw, Daahir Riyaale went to Djibouti to meet US Democrat Senator Russ Feingold.

==================

President Rayale surprise but dual purpose visit to Djibouti

Djibouti (The Rep) – President Dahir Rayale left Hargeisa yesterday for Djibouti in a previously unannounced visit which coincides with a visist by Somalia TFG P.M Nur Hassan Hussein (Nur Adde) and Sheikh Sharif Sh. Ahmed of the Courts, who returned from a trip to Mogadishu.

Somaliland President Dahir Rayale Kahin and his delegation were warmly received by Djibouti P.M Deleite Moh’ed Deleite and other senior cabinet ministers.

President Rayale is expected to meet a US Senator at US Embassy this morning (Saturday).

The Senator is also expected to receive Somalia TFG Prime Minister and Sheikh Sharif at the US Embassy today.

The Senator is expected to hold a press conference on Saturday afternoon. He is expected to speak about Somaliland and Somalia, but the issues he will raize have not been disclosed so far.

President Dahir Rayale’s visit is expected to have dual purpose, strengthening bilateral relations with Djibouti, which has been improving recently (although Djibouti has not opened its liaison office in Somaliland yet).

The Second purpose is expected to be the security of the region, with fighting sea piracy and terrorism as priority.

The President’s visit comes at a time when Somaliland has affirmed its intention to fight sea piracy and terrorism and cooperate with those who share its views.

It comes at a time when US president Bush wants sending UN Peace keepers to the region instead of having an armada.

The visit comes at a time when only 10 days remains for Ethiopian troops to pull out of Somalia. Uganda announced that its troops will leave Somalia if Ethiopia left and the UN describes the situation in Somalia to unsafe for UN peace keepers. France supports the stabilization of situation before deploying UN forces.

President Rayale who is accompanied by his Finance Minister, Mr. Hussein Ali Duale (Awil) and his defense Advisor, Mr. Abdisamad Hagi Abdillahi will be joined by Foreign Minister, Mr. Abdillahi Mohamed Duale in Djibouti.

The main topic of discussion on Friday afternoon was why the United States Senator is meeting Somaliland President with the TFG Prime Minister and Sheikh Sharif of the Courts on Saturday morning.

Jamhuuriya Online

In politics, I don't think there is anything called friendship or foe. But there is a permanent "interest".

Somaliland and Ethiopia share interests. Somaliland wants to become an independent country, Ethiopia on its side wants to see Somalia divided. Ethiopia wants to have access to another port, Somaliland wants Berbera port to be utilised by Ethiopia and have access to Ethiopia market. Ethiopia and Somaliland want have a peaceful border where people and goods are transported freely.

So as you can see, there is no friendship as per-se, but there are matual interests.

Btw, Daahir Riyaale went to Djibouti to meet US Democrat Senator Russ Feingold.

Spot on sxb .... that is the knowledge they're lacking.

We should open an education classes here on SOL.

The Zack   

^Who is they? And what knowledge does Riyaale and his cheerleaders have? Sheeko!

Suldaanka, one should be smart enough to know who is their real enemy, you might be right on frienship not existing in politics but you are either not understanding where I am coming from or clearly ignoring it. Adeer, you should be able to comprehend that Ethiopia doesn't want (and won't let it happen as much as it can) a single Somali region to succeed no matter how much that region cheerleads for it. That is just a fact! All Ethiopia is doing is ( you kinda said that in your previous post but in a wrong way)trying to divide Somalis as much as it can so they can keep failing. That canatarabaqash of Somaliland needing Ethiopia to use their port won't fit here adeer.